Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I make this thing stronger?  (Read 820 times)

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I make this thing stronger?
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:47 pm »

You see, I took the Avatar of Armok from the wiki and gave it resurrection. So what new powers/abilities/changes could I add to make it even more godlike?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: How can I make this thing stronger?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 10:40:49 am »

So I went into the game files and found the raws for adamantine:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you were to copy and paste this, name this new material "Flesh of Armok" and make the Avatar out of this instead, you could control it's strength by modifying the material it is made of.

Just make sure you can't strike native Flesh of Armok, kay?

Also, I haven't ever modded in ores nor do I know how to, so there might be unintended consequences such as game crashes. So find a modding guide on how to do that and you're good.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:47:55 am »

Give it a custom necromancy spell that gives the zombies the same spell when it animates them.  Zombie apocalypse.

A bunch of different smite intetactions.  Let it inflict pain, nausea, or bleeding directly.  Or just shuts off their brain.

Let it resurrect the dead properly.  Gods should be able to give life as well as take it away, right?  Or keep them alive for more torment, at least.

Let it make a target virtually immortal...take away its blood and remove the need to think and breathe, but leave it able to feel pain.  Perhaps add this to the "revive" interaction.

A body composed of adamantine isn't perfect, you'll be lightweight and your punches will be a joke.  Make it out of slade.  With adamamtine teeth and nails.  And give it magma blood... Not that anybody will be able to see it, but why not?

Let it inflict vampirism and werebeast curses at will.  All the other gods can.

Give it a "terror" interaction that greatly lowers the target's bravery.  And also removes NOFEAR, so you can even scare away night creatures and megabeasts.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 11:18:27 am »

Web and dust attacks can be much more annoying than fire breath. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 05:28:58 pm »

I'm not sure how I would add adamantine teeth/nails while making the rest out of slade

EDIT:Made resurrections virtually immortal+Able to resurrect just about anything, tell me if you wanna see the interaction
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:45:44 pm by Evillee03 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:24:55 pm »

Give it an interaction that transforms it for a frame and then reverts immediately afterwards. That way it will have super regeneration powers! It may be annoying by constantly spamming creature transformed messages though...
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Evillee03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 11:24:11 pm »

Just went to the spellbook and gave it some cool new interactions, guns, bleed out of everywhere, etc
Going great so far.

EDIT: I also gave it slade skin, still don't know how to do teeth and nails though

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »

Give it a custom necromancy spell that gives the zombies the same spell when it animates them.  Zombie apocalypse.
Oh my god, why has this never occurred to me?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 12:55:50 am »

Just went to the spellbook and gave it some cool new interactions, guns, bleed out of everywhere, etc
Going great so far.

EDIT: I also gave it slade skin, still don't know how to do teeth and nails though

You can take the Avatar of Armok from the Mythical Monsters mod in my signature, it has a body like this (though not all the same interactions).  It's under "creature_bloodgod.txt"