Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 32203 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Video Game the RTD (4/4, we even have aspect of game)
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »

Yep, forgot what the enemy type was called. Editing post.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2017, 07:18:35 pm »

I would like to point out that the stomp was more to keep them from getting up than it was to injure them. Unless their chestplate is rubbery, it shouldn't bounce off. On top of that, how did he manage to throw me afterwards? That seems like it would be incredibly difficult due to positioning and armor.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

I would like to point out that the stomp was more to keep them from getting up than it was to injure them. Unless their chestplate is rubbery, it shouldn't bounce off. On top of that, how did he manage to throw me afterwards? That seems like it would be incredibly difficult due to positioning and armor.
Since I took forever to update, I figure I can spoil a bit of stuff for you. These guards aren't human - they're constructs made out of blacksteel, which is pretty damn tough
along with this comes superhuman strength, ergo them slamming your ass into a wall
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2017, 10:38:49 pm »

Well, that explains the silence.
doing his best to evade attacks can he would try to locate and grab one of the weapons off the floor and use it as a bludgeon, aiming for the legs. If he couldn't manage that, he would try to grab the helm of one of the guards and use that as leverage to toss them into one-another.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2017, 03:20:29 pm »

((I could have sworn I posted))

Dwyn held his breath. It was rather a stopgap measure, but most serpents (to his knowledge) breathed air. While they might be able to hold their breath longer under normal circumstances, this one was expending a lot of breath thrashing around. There was a chance he could outlast it, particularly if he didn't have to hold his breath as long- relatively speaking.

Hold breath, spur the creature into greater and more reckless activity if possible. Try to influence the drowning status effect to hold off for a few ticks using time shenanigans.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2017, 09:21:40 pm »

Dwyn held his breath. It was rather a stopgap measure, but most serpents (to his knowledge) breathed air. While they might be able to hold their breath longer under normal circumstances, this one was expending a lot of breath thrashing around. There was a chance he could outlast it, particularly if he didn't have to hold his breath as long- relatively speaking.

Hold breath, spur the creature into greater and more reckless activity if possible. Try to influence the drowning status effect to hold off for a few ticks using time shenanigans.

For your information this serpent looks like a very aquatic eel-type thing, in case you want to alter that action

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2017, 04:24:02 pm »

Is it me or did this die?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2017, 10:54:04 am »

OH DEAR GOD IT ISNT YOU I COULD SWEAR SHADOWCLAW DIDNT POST CRAP CRAP CRAP

Cut the dragonslayers head off. If that still doesn't work, take its limbs.
(1 vs. 12) The dragonslayer's armor causes your blade to rebound, and the force wrenches it out of your hand. Your wrist hurts and your weapon clatters to the side...

(13 vs. 11)

You barely manage to dodge the retaliatory strike.

(14 vs. 12, 7 vs. 5)

Revenant spars with the other dragonslayer, severing one of its hands. It screams in rage and lunges at him, but Revenant easily slips away.

Well, that explains the silence.
doing his best to evade attacks can he would try to locate and grab one of the weapons off the floor and use it as a bludgeon, aiming for the legs. If he couldn't manage that, he would try to grab the helm of one of the guards and use that as leverage to toss them into one-another.

(15) you manage to secure one of the halberds, and swing it at one of the guards... (17 vs. 8) knocking them over and denting their leg. When the guard tries to stand, a horrible hissing noise is made and red gas pours from a small fracture in the guard's armor.

(13 vs. 18, 10 vs. 3)

The other guard blocks an attack from Deikos, tries wrenching its halberd back, and fails.

You make a ruckus and snap your whip a few times, driving the serpent into an even greater rage. You then dive underwater, and the serpent chases you. (4 vs. 9) It catches your leg in its gaping maw as you try to goad it into further recklessness. It doesn't hurt, but it's not exactly a great place to be.

"This beast is getting more angsty by the second, some irrational moves are going to needed"

Jump into the beast, poke as many holes within its neck area.
(9)

You try jumping on the creature, but it's just a bit out of your reach. You land with a splash in the water, about a foot away from the beast. You proceed to try poking it repeatedly...

(12 vs. 28)

It does little against the serpent's stony armor.

Thine own weapons cannot mar the beast's stony hide...
The rage of the beast may yet be its own downfall...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2017, 04:57:22 pm »

Jump and reach for my sword, avoid any strikes from the Dragonslayers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2017, 05:43:45 pm »

We better get roll bonuses for 25 days worth of inactivity due to your error. This game is too good to die so easily.

scythe the legs of the construct attacking Deikos out from under them, once again going for blunted strikes to maximize armor damage.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2017, 10:45:46 pm »

((FeelsBadMan delayed posting))

"This creature isn't letting up! It just means the challenge has a greater reward for the determines"

Follow the beast underwater if I have to!, find weaknesses in its stony skin like maybe it's underside, and pierce as many blood-flowing holes as possible

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2017, 11:18:31 pm »

Dwyn had no intention of being eaten, but it seemed that the world had other ideas. Still, the good news is that this provided him with several interesting opportunities, assuming he didn't drown.

If there's enough time when the serpent has its head above water, snap my whip to strike its sensitive flesh at the back of its throat. If not then attempt to extricate my leg from its jaws and instead ram the butt of my whip into its gums.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2017, 10:42:51 pm »

Jump and reach for my sword, avoid any strikes from the Dragonslayers.

(natural 20 wooooo)

You easily roll past the dragonslayers and retrieve your blade, tripping them up in the process.

(14 vs. 3)

This makes them vulnerable, allowing Revenant to stab the already injured one in the neck. It collapses, blood gouting from the wound. It spasms for a frightening second before growing still.

The other dragonslayer shouts something unintelligible and distorted before turning to you, eyes ablaze like embers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

(10 vs. 10)

The guard, despite being distracted by Deikos, manages to back step out of your reach.

(3)

The other guard fails to stand up as more steam pours from its wound.

(2 vs. 9, 6 vs. 18)

Deikos stabs the guard he's sparring with, but he strikes a glancing blow his weapon simply bounces off of the guard's armor, leaving little more than a dent. The guard responds by running him through with its halberd, severely injuring him.

Vingar

You dive underneath the placid water and swim towards the serpent's belly. To your great dismay, you find that it too is armored. (14) You manage to find a gap in its scales, however. While your spear won't be able to do much against a creature so big with an opening so small, it should allow for Dwyn to escape...

(4 vs. 7)

You try stabbing it, but the water slows you down considerably, and your spear moves too slowly to inflict any harm. Moving your spear even closer, you thrust it again with all of your might...

(13 vs. 6)

Inflicting a small wound in the serpent's underside. It writhes about, and you go for a third stab!

(11 vs. 17)

You miss the small opening, but the serpent is still enraged. It starts to turn towards you, releasing its grip on Dwyn's leg!

Dwyn

You pull your leg out of the beast's maw, but not before slamming the butt of your whip into its mouth. It doesn't notice it, but you're free in any case. Now the only task that remains is to figure out how to bypass the stony hide of the creature.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2017, 11:24:34 pm »

Quickly, strike at the other Dragonslayer!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:19 pm »

"Deikos! No!"
Shove the enemy to the ground and slam the halberd through his helm with Guard breaking force!

Edit: how did that guard get it's halberd back when Deikos disarmed him of it and is using it themselves? Also, what happened to the HP system?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:34:26 pm by Dustan Hache »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18