Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 32190 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Skyrim the RTD (4/4, we even have bandits)
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2017, 12:34:14 pm »

"Then I shall free them from their curse."

Westward ho! Let's kill some knights.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2017, 02:16:57 pm »

You want to be threateningly, little snake?, well guess who's the superior reptile here.

Try to utilize the advantage of spear against the serpent, trying to connect any attacks when it tries striking at me

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »

Dwyn adjusted his spectacles and dusted his whip. "A bit of daring perhaps, and an excellent pet in the making..."

Leap from tower onto serpent's back. Time to break in a mount....
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2017, 04:02:28 pm »

(Thus far, I haven't been doing a very good job of keeps track of all of your respective healths. Because of this, I've decided to heal you all and will from now on record each of your HPs at the end of each post. Also, you have a base of 50 health, with 5 more health with each point you invest in Vitality, if you were wondering.)

Dwyn adjusted his spectacles and dusted his whip. "A bit of daring perhaps, and an excellent pet in the making..."

Leap from tower onto serpent's back. Time to break in a mount....
You want to be threateningly, little snake?, well guess who's the superior reptile here.

Try to utilize the advantage of spear against the serpent, trying to connect any attacks when it tries striking at me

The serpent roars and charges at the pedestal Vingar is standing on. It slams directly into it, shaking the pedestal...

(16)

But Vingar manages to keep his balance. The retaliates with a quick stab from his spear...

(3 vs. 14)

But the water slows down his attack, and the serpent is easily able to evade his jab. Dwyn harshly whistles, and the serpent turns it's attention to him. It begins circling the tower, watching Dwyn and occasionally thrashing angrily. Suddenly, without warning, Dwyn jumps down from the tower, straight at the serpent!

(21 vs. 15)

He lands on the serpent's back, and clings on firmly as the serpent begins to shake in an attempt to dislodge him.

"Then I shall free them from their curse."

Westward ho! Let's kill some knights.

"Very well. Let's be quick about it, though. I'm not eager to be enthralled by whatever magic haunts that place."

The two of you set off towards the field of tall grass, weapons at the ready. When you arrive there, Revenant doesn't hesitate to push through the grass into the field. The two of you silently wander around. (13) You're able to evade the possessed spirits that sometimes prowl near you, and eventually spot a pair of them wearing brilliant golden armor.

"Those are Dragonslayers, I have no doubt of it. Their orichalcum armor will certainly prove useful. How should we proceed?"

be ready to dodge while I regain my balance, and try to get inside his weapon's reach, where he will be less capable of harming me. Try again at getting them toppled over by grabbing and lifting their leg if they try to kick me away again.
The two guards seem to be actively avoiding the use of lethal force. (22 vs. 9) Deikos easily dodges their slow attacks as you lift yourself to your feet. You bum-rush the nearest guard, (7 vs. 14) but the guard sees you coming and retaliates with another kick. (17 vs. 13) This time, however, you're prepared, and catch the guard's foot.

What you aren't prepared for is said foot weighing as much as a full suit of plate armor. (16 vs. 11) you manage to topple the guard to the floor anyways, but you're exhausted by the effort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Video Game the RTD (4/4, we even have aspect of game)
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2017, 12:04:36 am »

"I shall walk up to accursed faces. While they are distracted, you strike from their flanks."

If Revenant agrees, show myself to the dragonslayers.  Get ready to dodge ANY immediate attacks. See what the cursed dragonslayers do.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2017, 11:22:28 pm »

Stomping down on the chestplate of his foe, he reaches down and tries to pull their weapon free from their hands, before tossing aside.
"When I ask a question, I expect answers. Where were you taking us and why, on who's orders?"
(Provided this is successful, both guards will be unarmed and Deikos has one of their halberds.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:19:18 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2017, 09:52:45 am »

((I think Shadow and I REALLY need to stop waiting on each other.))
Dwyn hunkered down to the serpent's back, raising his whip in a flowing arc that terminated in a stinging crack beside the serpent's eye. Taming a creature required the ability to exhaust it, at least when gentler methods became unavailable, which meant he needed this thing to MOVE.

Crack the whip and get this pony moving. Ram it into a couple towers if possible.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2017, 11:20:02 am »

Vingar was expressionless on the ability for the figure to "mount" the serpent with such ease, he had a quick plan to make this situation less dire, however.

"Hey serpent!, over here. You haven't forgotten about me too soon?"

Try to draw attention from Dwyn to Me from the serpent, if it tries to lash at me than show it somes pokes from my spear

((Agreed))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2017, 03:15:52 pm »

May I make a suggestion? I can flip a coin for you and decide which of you posts first. Heads is shadow, tails is draig. Since I am almost always going to be first or second post after turn, you can just check to see what I flipped at the end of my posts.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2017, 10:47:54 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble writing the turn, so I'm gonna have to put RTKEOAES on a temporary hold. On the bright side, you're getting very close to the first climactic point

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2017, 12:04:20 pm »

I'm having a bit of trouble writing the turn, so I'm gonna have to put RTKEOAES on a temporary hold. On the bright side, you're getting very close to the first climactic point
Any way we can help, or is it just life/writers block?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »

Who wants +2 to their rolls, because you're all getting +2 to your rolls! Let's get some cake n' other crap

"I shall walk up to accursed faces. While they are distracted, you strike from their flanks."

If Revenant agrees, show myself to the dragonslayers.  Get ready to dodge ANY immediate attacks. See what the cursed dragonslayers do.

Revenant nods at your query.

"I suppose that'll work. I mean, it's worth a try, isn't it?"

You move away a bit from Revenant before bolting upwards. the startled dragonslayers stumble back, growling and unsheathing their weapons. One of them, wielding a battleaxe, hastily swings at you... (14 vs. 3) but you easily weave out of range of the blow. The second one, armed with a curved blade, rushes at you when Revenant leaps from cover! (21 vs. 11) In a quick second, the dragonslayer's heart is gouged out. Surprisingly, the fiend still stands even after the supposedly mortal blow had been struck!
Stomping down on the chestplate of his foe, he reaches down and tries to pull their weapon free from their hands, before tossing aside.
"When I ask a question, I expect answers. Where were you taking us and why, on who's orders?"
(Provided this is successful, both guards will be unarmed and Deikos has one of their halberds.)
You stamp on the guard's chestplate, but the blow bounces off, as if you were stomping on a solid wall. The guard (12 vs. 17) retaliates by grabbing you by the ankle and slamming you into a nearby wall with force. Painful force.

-3 HP!

The other guard (12 vs. 16) punches Deikos in the face, turns to you, and swings a fist at you. (6 vs. 6) You barely manage to duck under the blow.

Deikos is too disoriented to do much. Y'know, since he was punched in the face. Probably not good for the brain and all that.
((I think Shadow and I REALLY need to stop waiting on each other.))
Dwyn hunkered down to the serpent's back, raising his whip in a flowing arc that terminated in a stinging crack beside the serpent's eye. Taming a creature required the ability to exhaust it, at least when gentler methods became unavailable, which meant he needed this thing to MOVE.

Crack the whip and get this pony moving. Ram it into a couple towers if possible.

(14 vs. 19)

You try whipping the serpent into submission. This enrages it, and it promptly dives deep underwater, leaving you floundering and very vulnerable.
Vingar was expressionless on the ability for the figure to "mount" the serpent with such ease, he had a quick plan to make this situation less dire, however.

"Hey serpent!, over here. You haven't forgotten about me too soon?"

Try to draw attention from Dwyn to Me from the serpent, if it tries to lash at me than show it somes pokes from my spear

((Agreed))

Just as Dwyn flops off of the serpent's back, you manage to get its attention. It hisses and rams into the pedestal you're standing on, causing it to shake. (11) You retain your balance. You retaliate by poking the thing with your spear (4 vs. 6), but it's pretty ineffectual.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2017, 04:13:00 pm »

Cut the dragonslayers head off. If that still doesn't work, take its limbs.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:55:15 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2017, 04:25:35 pm »

"This beast is getting more angsty by the second, some irrational moves are going to needed"

Jump into the beast, poke as many holes within its neck area.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2017, 04:39:31 pm »

Cut the Revenant's head off. If that still doesn't work, take its limbs.
You mean the enemy, not your companion... right?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18