Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 32202 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka For Honor the RTD (4/4, we even have a lawbringer)
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2017, 09:17:07 am »

((I'm coming. I do feel rather bad about this, all things considered.))

"I see. That was not the best result. Perhaps we should seek a greater safety in numbers, and join our companions of destiny. Were they headed to a tavern? Bah, I forget. Regardless, I think whatever guides our higher purpose will not let us stray for long.."

Wander off in a random direction hoping to find our companions. Hopefully the force that wants us together will be able to provide a subtle nudge in the right direction. Of course, if the lizard has a better plan, I'll go with that.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2017, 11:00:40 am »

"I ran out of ideas after I was being mauled by some tentacle dogs, strange how these creatures can affect your brave curiosity"
Let's go strolling in a different route this time, hopefully looking for weaker competition. Let's also not meet some more tentacle dogs on the way, as well
Spoiler: FeelsBadMan Moments (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2017, 05:15:24 pm »

I've fallen quite ill, so there may be a delay to the update
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2017, 10:30:09 am »

Kick dust into the claymore wielding man's eyes, strike at his groin.

1 vs 5

You try to kick dust into the bandit's eyes, but you flub the kick and the dust flies up in a cloud around your face, sending you into a fierce fit of coughing and blinding you. Undeterred, you make a somewhat blind strike at the claymore-wielding bandit...

3 vs 14

And predictably miss. The bandit retaliates with a heavy strike...

5 vs 10

And wounds your chest.

-11 HP

The other bandits stay in place, blocking you from escape.
examine the cell, and see if the guard has keys on them. Don't touch quite yet.

You examine the cell. The rusty bars holding you in are quite thick. There are no windows, and the one bed you have is a shelf carved into the rock. (18) You look at the guard, and notice that he does indeed possess keys. Deikos notices you and sighs defeatedly.

"I know a way out of here."

You look at him quizzically.

"Kill yourself. In the Resonance, death is not the end - at first. Your spirit will grow a tad bit weaker every time until it fades away into nothing. Considering that you've just entered the Resonance, you're quite a few deaths away from the end."

((I'm coming. I do feel rather bad about this, all things considered.))

"I see. That was not the best result. Perhaps we should seek a greater safety in numbers, and join our companions of destiny. Were they headed to a tavern? Bah, I forget. Regardless, I think whatever guides our higher purpose will not let us stray for long.."

Wander off in a random direction hoping to find our companions. Hopefully the force that wants us together will be able to provide a subtle nudge in the right direction. Of course, if the lizard has a better plan, I'll go with that.
"I ran out of ideas after I was being mauled by some tentacle dogs, strange how these creatures can affect your brave curiosity"
Let's go strolling in a different route this time, hopefully looking for weaker competition. Let's also not meet some more tentacle dogs on the way, as well
Spoiler: FeelsBadMan Moments (click to show/hide)

Vingar and Dwyn... (3)

Begin arguing about whether it's a better decision to seek out the other people involved in this whole mess or go hunt more monsters.

4 vs 7

Eventually, Dwyn is able to convince Vingar that perhaps they'll have more success in hunting with more allies. Vingar reluctantly agrees, and the two of them set off on their merry way. The wind begins blowing to the Northeast, and (17) Dwyn follows it, hoping for it to be a good omen. (???) The two of them soon stumble near the ruins of an ancient shrine, submerged in a lake. A stairway leads up to a tower in the lake from the shore. Two other towers, both very near crumbling away to nothing, also sit submerged in the large, forming a triangle with the first tower. Each tower is about 20 feet away from the other towers. A pedestal sits in the center of the triangle they form, and upon the pedestal is a small box. Giant boulders of all sizes litter the lakebed.

The wind whispers through a nearby willow tree ominously.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2017, 11:29:52 am »

Shaking his head in refusal, He would get up and try to reach for the guard's keys. If he could avoid a death, he would. Even if it took time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

Pretend to lower my guard, bait a strike in, then stab the guy in the chest.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2017, 06:33:31 pm »

"I'm going for a higher vantage, my scaled friend. Are you one of those aquatic lizards? If you are, it might behoove thee to check the water out in greater detail."
Climb the Tower. Seek the Neon Throne.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2017, 07:34:05 pm »

"I do have some aquatic experience in the marshes as a lizard, though I doubt these waters will be too murky even for my visual acuity."
Explore the submerged areas of the Towers. Start with the shrine

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2017, 01:31:46 pm »

"I'm going for a higher vantage, my scaled friend. Are you one of those aquatic lizards? If you are, it might behoove thee to check the water out in greater detail."
Climb the Tower. Seek the Neon Throne.
"I do have some aquatic experience in the marshes as a lizard, though I doubt these waters will be too murky even for my visual acuity."
Explore the submerged areas of the Towers. Start with the shrine

Dwyn ascends the staircase. A cloud obscures the sun as he goes up the ruined tower. He clambers over piles of rubble, and reaches the top of the tower. From there, he can see a large fortress in the distance to the North. Meanwhile, Vingar dives into the lake. (11) Its crystal waters offer no problem to his eyesight, although he lacks the necessary physiology to be able to submerge himself without air. He swims over to the pedestal in the center of the lake, and  inspects the box. Inside are two strange medallions made out of black metal.

Everything goes silent as something from the very bottom of the lake starts moving. The two of you watch in a mixture of awe and fear as a giant sea serpent-like creature, with stony scales and a tooth-filled maw, swims up from out of the deep. The stairs leading to the tower Dwyn is in retract, meaning that the only exit leads into the lake. The pedestal is far enough out of the water that Vingar seems safe...
Shaking his head in refusal, He would get up and try to reach for the guard's keys. If he could avoid a death, he would. Even if it took time.
You reach for the sleeping guard's keys. (6) You grab them easily, but the key ring is so large that it can't fit through the narrow bars of your cell no matter how you rotate it. Cursing your foul luck, you try unlocking the door to your cell at an angle, but it doesn't work. Deikos takes a crack at it as well, but to no avail. That's when you hear very heavy footsteps from nearby. Your guard wakes up with a start, and you silently put the key ring on the ground. Two soldiers in extremely heavy armor, each wielding a halberd, step into the room. The guard reaches for his key ring, but finds nothing. The two soldiers wait without a word as the guard fumbles in vain for the key to your cell. After what seems to be an eternity, he notices the key ring on the floor, and quickly opens your cell door. The two soldiers come and roughly pull you to your feet before leading you down a series of corridors. You don't know where you're headed, but you don't really want to know.
Pretend to lower my guard, bait a strike in, then stab the guy in the chest.
You fall to your knees, coughing and sputtering. Much to your surprise, all of the bandits rush you at the same time. Just as they're almost upon you, you jump to your feet and (21 vs. 4, 11, 4) strike all three of them down in a single fluid motion. You stand to your feet just as your companion runs out of the building, carrying an armful of scrolls and the like.

"Ah, wonderful! We'd better get going."

The two of you start bolting as you hear a large bellow from the doorway. You look over your shoulder to see a veritable giant of man, practically all muscle, charging at you with a pike. You decide to leg it, and (13) leave the large but slow man in the dust. Once you're a safe distance away, your compatriot grins.

+67 EXP!

"That went quite well, but you seem a bit dinged up. Here, take this - it'll help."

Your companion hands you a scroll from the bundle under his arm.

Spell: Nature's Gift - Heals all wounds when not in combat and in exposure to the sun. 5 turn cooldown. Can only be used with a talisman or orb. Biomancy.

Wood talisman (1-handed talisman) - +1 to all biomancies and photomancies. -1 to all necromancies and pyromancies.

"Anyways, I have a promise to uphold, do I not? Yes, I can show you the Blacksteel Amulets. Two are in a secluded lake shrine, built by a long gone civilization, and three are in the Drake Fields, guarded by a fierce wyrm. Which do you intend to seek first?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Skyrim the RTD (4/4, we even have bandits)
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2017, 02:57:10 pm »

size up the two guards. If it looks like we can take them on, attempt to disarm one of them by grabbing their head/helm, and sweeping my leg under one of theirs while pushing my arm forward. That should throw them off balance and force them to the ground where they will be vulnerable.

Regardless of all that, question them as to where we are/were being taken, as appropriate to the situation.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2017, 04:08:45 pm »

"I should like to meet this wyrm."

Use scroll to heal myself, head to Drake Fields.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2017, 04:38:10 pm »

"Huh. My uncle Jym had something that looked like that.  Granted it was four inches long and ate vermin, but shockingly similar regardless. Hello? Are you of intelligent nature or should I be fleeing for my life?"

Communicate with serpent. Or Run Away. Potentially both.

---

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2017, 04:53:22 pm »

"I'm betting that the creature living in the depths, probably didn't develop vocal abilities. Now, telepathy on the other hand, well that depends on how important this creature is."

Watch as Dwynn tries to speak with the serpent. If it starts attacking than get out of dodge.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:55 am »

size up the two guards. If it looks like we can take them on, attempt to disarm one of them by grabbing their head/helm, and sweeping my leg under one of theirs while pushing my arm forward. That should throw them off balance and force them to the ground where they will be vulnerable.

Regardless of all that, question them as to where we are/were being taken, as appropriate to the situation.

You look at the two guards. (3) You can't really discern much about them - they're clad from head to toe in black armor. You turn to the one nearest yourself and ask where you're being taken. The guard says nothing, and keeps walking. You ask again. It seems as if the guard is ignoring you. Figuring that there is no other option besides being taken wherever the guards are leading you, you grab the head of the nearest guard! Deikos springs into action and tackles the other guard. You try sweeping the guard you're fighting off balance...

(14 vs. 16)

But the guard manages to wrench free of your grasp and backstep. Without a word, the guard retaliates, performing a skilled kick towards your chest.

(11 vs. 14)

The kick connects with your chest, and you gasp in pain. The guard's kick seemed to have about five metric fucktons an inhuman amount of weight behind it. While you don't think any permanent damage is done, the kick is certainly off-balancing. Meanwhile, Deikos...

(13 vs. 9)

Is able to wrest away the other guard's halberd. He swings at the guard...

(-8 vs. 12)

But the attack simply glances off the guard's armor.
"I should like to meet this wyrm."

Use scroll to heal myself, head to Drake Fields.

You take both the scroll and the talisman, and perform the healing rite. The scroll crumbles to powder, leaving you refreshed and your wounds healed. When finished, you ask Revenant to lead you to the amulets guarded by the dragon.

"Certainly I can, but I think you might not be up for that - you'd do well to acquire some fire-resistant armor if you don't want to be burnt to a crisp. Perhaps the shopkeeper by the tavern has some. Of course, if you don't want to give up your hard earned blood, you could always go to the Western fields, and slay one of the possessed with the appropriate armor. I heard that quite a few dragonslayer knights were trapped here a long time ago - by now, most of them should be possessed. It was inevitable."

"Huh. My uncle Jym had something that looked like that.  Granted it was four inches long and ate vermin, but shockingly similar regardless. Hello? Are you of intelligent nature or should I be fleeing for my life?"

Communicate with serpent. Or Run Away. Potentially both.

"I'm betting that the creature living in the depths, probably didn't develop vocal abilities. Now, telepathy on the other hand, well that depends on how important this creature is."

Watch as Dwynn tries to speak with the serpent. If it starts attacking than get out of dodge.

The serpent slowly circles the pedestal Vingar is standing on, watching his every movement. That's when Dwyn shouts out to the serpent, in an attempt to discern whether it possesses sentience and intelligence.

(2)

The answer is a resounding no, as the serpent shows no sign of response. It continues circling Vingar, who has no way of leaving the pedestal without entering the lake, which is undoubtedly a bad idea. Meanwhile, Dwyn descends back down to the first floor of the tower, and heads to the exit, when he sees that there's a 30 foot/9 meter stretch of water between himself and the nearest land...

The serpent swims around angrily, and you both realize that the only way to escape is to kill the fiend.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2017, 12:16:47 pm »

be ready to dodge while I regain my balance, and try to get inside his weapon's reach, where he will be less capable of harming me. Try again at getting them toppled over by grabbing and lifting their leg if they try to kick me away again.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18