Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Enjoying this?

Yes!!!
- 1 (7.1%)
Mediocre
- 2 (14.3%)
You could change some stuff to make it more enjoyable (you can say in the comments what).
- 0 (0%)
No, my eyes burn from reading your first post!
- 2 (14.3%)
NEED PICTURES!!!
- 3 (21.4%)
Cheese.
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles  (Read 13355 times)

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2017, 07:09:58 am »

So this week there won't be an update beacuse Armordipped takes a lot of time to play and a season takes around 4 hours of sitting in front of the computer, mostly assigning dwarfs to burrows, which isn't always how I want to spend my evenings. I could play Armordipped tomorrow, but I don't want this to become something I have to do, but I want it to be a fun little thing, I do for fun. And to be honest with you I often want to play a different fort, just because keeping to the rules is hard.
I hope this explains why I'm slow like a snail with this. Though the project is coming today or tomorrow morning.

I know the feeling, my main mega-project right now has been taking weeks to make.  The combination of too many bards and humans, and having the primary building material take a while to grow. Not helped by the rivers. My FPS got into the fractions at one point while trying to stop the lower river.

I even had to use all my tavern guests as Uristnauts. One of them scrapped along the top of the sky. I have good statues of elves being crushed by bridges because of my desperation for FPS. Lucky for me, I am nearly done with the important part of it.

No shame of updates being limited by FPS, but you might have to do a big purge of slaves, depending on weather the extra FPS is worth it.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 09:45:57 am »

It's not the fps that takes so long, but all the micromanaging, designations, burrows etc. The fps is actually pretty great and around 65-75 at all times.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 11:37:19 am »

So this week there won't be an update beacuse Armordipped takes a lot of time to play and a season takes around 4 hours of sitting in front of the computer, mostly assigning dwarfs to burrows, which isn't always how I want to spend my evenings. I could play Armordipped tomorrow, but I don't want this to become something I have to do, but I want it to be a fun little thing, I do for fun. And to be honest with you I often want to play a different fort, just because keeping to the rules is hard.
I hope this explains why I'm slow like a snail with this. Though the project is coming today or tomorrow morning.

I know the feeling, my main mega-project right now has been taking weeks to make.  The combination of too many bards and humans, and having the primary building material take a while to grow. Not helped by the rivers. My FPS got into the fractions at one point while trying to stop the lower river.

I even had to use all my tavern guests as Uristnauts. One of them scrapped along the top of the sky. I have good statues of elves being crushed by bridges because of my desperation for FPS. Lucky for me, I am nearly done with the important part of it.

No shame of updates being limited by FPS, but you might have to do a big purge of slaves, depending on weather the extra FPS is worth it.

Except he doesn't have that many people. (yet).
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »

Ahhh!!! The game crashed!!!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2017, 04:30:40 pm »

How much has been lost? :(

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2017, 06:58:23 pm »

How much has been lost? :(
Around eight months...  >:(

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2017, 09:14:53 pm »

Does anyone remember how to turn on seasonal saving?  >:( :P

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2017, 01:26:13 am »

Does anyone remember how to turn on seasonal saving?  >:( :P

Folder ~\data\init
Filename d_init.txt

Use these to control the automatic saving behavior in the dwarf fortress mode of game.  AUTOSAVE can be set to NONE, SEASONAL or YEARLY.  This updates your save at these intervals, so that some of your progress will be saved in case of system instability.  You can set AUTOBACKUP to YES if you want the updated save to be copied to another folder so that you'll have several copies of your world at different times.  Set AUTOSAVE_PAUSE to YES if you want the game to pause every time it autosaves.

[AUTOSAVE:NONE]
[AUTOBACKUP:NO]
[AUTOSAVE_PAUSE:NO]

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2017, 04:36:58 am »

As you might have noticed, secret project has been delayed by.... mhmmmm.... real life *Secretly plays CDDA and UW*

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2017, 05:27:26 pm »

I've been playing quite a lot recently and started digging the pump stack, but the caravan brought 3 bags of sand (I requested a shit more) and there is no iron, so we don't have anything magma safe. I'm thinking of starting over with sand. What do you guys think?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2017, 05:48:16 pm »

I've been playing quite a lot recently and started digging the pump stack, but the caravan brought 3 bags of sand (I requested a shit more) and there is no iron, so we don't have anything magma safe. I'm thinking of starting over with sand. What do you guys think?
This is Bay12. We don't start over until all the dorfs are dead, or about to die. Keep figuring stuff out.
If you really can't get anything to work, say, in another year/year-and-a-half, then yeah, you can move.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2017, 11:08:05 pm »

This is Bay12. We don't start over until all the dorfs are dead, or about to die. Keep figuring stuff out.
If you really can't get anything to work, say, in another year/year-and-a-half, then yeah, you can move.
It will but it will take the next 90 years of requesting sandbags. Wait, might have an idea.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2017, 12:20:36 am »

It will but it will take the next 90 years of requesting sandbags. Wait, might have an idea.

Why not use minecarts to carry magma. Or maybe a lava piston. There are other ways to get magma up.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2017, 04:22:37 am »

Minecarts good for a single hole not an area of around 70x70 squares, but magma pistons sound interesting how do they work?  :o
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8