Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Enjoying this?

Yes!!!
- 1 (7.1%)
Mediocre
- 2 (14.3%)
You could change some stuff to make it more enjoyable (you can say in the comments what).
- 0 (0%)
No, my eyes burn from reading your first post!
- 2 (14.3%)
NEED PICTURES!!!
- 3 (21.4%)
Cheese.
- 6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles  (Read 13380 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Armordipped - The extreme fortress, we are the nobles
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 04:18:51 pm »

I have an idea.
Oh no.
Thank you.
I take pride in my mad ideas.
You're infectious.
*smiles*
The issue is less you coming up with an idea and more anyone on this forum coming up with an idea.

Especially since much lava has been discussed recently.

There is a reason that TV tropes had "blue and orange morality" listed under the DF community page up until the page was deleted.
What's blue and orange morality?
In contrast to black and white. It's a type of morality that is foreign to most normal concepts of things being good, or being evil or bad.

Like deciding to farm Mermaid bones for their value, dwarven child care, or making things out of cats.
Nonono. It's being perfectly fine with dwarven child care while being squicked out by mermaid bone farming.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 04:32:02 pm »

I have an idea.
Oh no.
Thank you.
You're infectious.
*smiles*
The issue is less you coming up with an idea and more anyone on this forum coming up with an idea.

There is a reason that TV tropes had "blue and orange morality" listed under the DF community page up until the page was deleted.
In contrast to black and white. It's a type of morality that is foreign to most normal concepts of things being good, or being evil or bad.

Like deciding to farm Mermaid bones for their value, dwarven child care, or making things out of cats.
Nonono. It's being perfectly fine with dwarven child care while being squicked out by mermaid bone farming.
In my opinion, they're both horrible.
I may be the first to say that on this forum.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 04:39:45 pm »

As a non-native, I happen to agree with you.

Another thing that's horrible is the quote pyramid. Let's kill it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »

I have an idea.
Oh no.
Thank you.
You're infectious.
*smiles*

In my opinion, they're both horrible.
I may be the first to say that on this forum.
As a non-native, I happen to agree with you.

Another thing that's horrible is the quote pyramid. Let's kill it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 05:15:04 pm »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:12 pm »

Post the fort on http://mkv25.net/dfma/index.php so that we can look through it, and give ye advice.
I have an idea.
Thanks I wanted to do it but didn't figure out where is the site.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 02:25:48 am »

Post the fort on http://mkv25.net/dfma/index.php so that we can look through it, and give ye advice.
I have an idea.
Thanks I wanted to do it but didn't figure out where is the site.
If you ever need to find it, look for copper - something in the hall of legends. The one that was pointlessly large, anyway.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 05:20:15 am »

The link to the map.
Of course it goes well beyond this, all the way to the magma sea.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 06:29:42 am »

you could build a gate around IF, and have extra tunnels to the rest of the fortress coming from, say, the hall of mysteries, while you could build proper fortifications around the IF gate.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 06:58:00 am »

you could build a gate around IF, and have extra tunnels to the rest of the fortress coming from, say, the hall of mysteries, while you could build proper fortifications around the IF gate.
The rest of the fortress will be linked through the Forlorn Caver, cause as you said it's the more shadier area and everything will be stored there. On the bottom of the forlorn cavern there will be the food stockpile which will be the only area where the slaves and nobles will be able to see each other. From the deeprun tram there will be minecarts to get stones and ores up to IF operated by slaves.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 09:48:45 am »

Ooooh. I get it now.
You're saying about the diagonal gate...
I don't mind. Make it straight, if yer want.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 10:57:35 am »

Spring 252
I'm walking through the tunnels calculating and counting the distances and I'm going crazy from the number of calculations I have to make before we can finally start digging, but than of course that would be too easy because life is never so fucking easy and then there are all the ceremonials of promoting slaves to "higher slaves", which is a new thing around, but should speed up stuff in ironforge. Every spring a few slaves will be chosen to work up in ironforge smoothing stone and mining. It is gonna be a busy year.

It was around the 20th of early spring when news went around a slave had taken over the mason's workshop and was making something. I knew it only meant one thing for me - more ceremonials of promoting slaves to "free" dwarfs. He made an armor stand and calls it "Rhythmwealths the Sense of Poetry". He currently carries it around everywhere he goes.

Mid spring is when I decided to call in all the slaves to the upper fortress to finish the Ironforge. Those slackers don't know how to follow a daily schedule. I will have to give the more work in the lower fortress.

I will have to look into making ironforge safer for the future citizens. There is something from the caverns running around at all times. I'm currently worried about the cave crocodile running around in the caverns though it would be useful if we could catch it and breed it.

I fucking hate migrants, especially those that say they gave us a favor by coming, because Armordipped is known in the whole kingdom for being a deathtrap that nobody comes out from (pretty true) and only  they wanted to come. I agree with those that stayed in the mountainhome.
I decided that I don't have time to separate the migrants now especially that we have almost finished the dining area and food workshops in Ironforge and there is a lot of managing going on, so I will do it in summer.

Late spring
Emergency! No booze! There is nothing left and nothing to make anymore. I didn't think a well would be that important, but now the only ones that have water are the slaves working in the caverns. I ordered the construction of a well, but from Imic's calculations we will die of dehydration before the well is finished. Especially because we don't have any buckets around and I had to order buckets to be made from lead.

After a week of nothing to drink, I had to let everyone cross the noble boundaries and go to the caverns for water. Managing everyone back to the areas where they are supposed to go is gonna be a shit tone of work and probably gonna take me the whole early summer. Mhmmmm I never thought water would taste so well.
End of Spring

Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 01:32:41 pm »

I will have to check what you posted later.

I hate it that I don't see imgur at work. This is my dig designation for a 45 degrees rotated IronForge.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 03:32:18 pm »

I never meant that IF would have to be in the same degree.
But that is kindof awesome,
Oh my gish, I'm so sorry, that was such an understatement.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:15:39 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 05:06:16 pm »

That is damn awesome, i haven't done anything less normal fort cause I didn't have the space to and I haven't seen IronForge in any other way than from the map. Though I would love to see how your comes out.
Edit: I definitely will have to try to make an IronForge that looks like that one day...
Edit Edit : I wish I would have seen this before,but I'm gonna keep the picture on my laptop just for future reference.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:29:46 pm by snow dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8