Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233283 times)

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 18 - Under the Skin
« Reply #2325 on: June 03, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »

"Kinda hoped it was going to be some kind of cool tatoo magic

In my mind, I was seeing medieval syringes.  Be glad you got the "magic" narrative.

(The darn post was getting so long, anyway, I could hardly justify dwelling on the parts that cost you HP.  I think I'll hit more when you activate the powers later and/or when I don't need all the Theia-temple window-dressing)

Then search for the Cornu family Lockbox key and store my spare Opal in the process.

Ah, I think things got confusing.  You mean the mysterious missing persons (and missing lockbox keys) for that upcoming quest?  I neglected to include the context in the adventure listing (with the hint that "the lead man had something alchemical done to his hair so it's this bright blue"), so I got lost there, but I'll gladly put reminders into the update.

Tohil didn't manage to find a satisfactory answer to his faith problems.

If there's anything I could elaborate, let me know!  If the "lack of satisfactory solution" is actually in-character hand-wringing, then okay.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 03, 2018, 06:20:04 pm »

"Kinda hoped it was going to be some kind of cool tatoo magic

In my mind, I was seeing medieval syringes.  Be glad you got the "magic" narrative.

(The darn post was getting so long, anyway, I could hardly justify dwelling on the parts that cost you HP.  I think I'll hit more when you activate the powers later and/or when I don't need all the Theia-temple window-dressing)

Then search for the Cornu family Lockbox key and store my spare Opal in the process.

Ah, I think things got confusing.  You mean the mysterious missing persons (and missing lockbox keys) for that upcoming quest?  I neglected to include the context in the adventure listing (with the hint that "the lead man had something alchemical done to his hair so it's this bright blue"), so I got lost there, but I'll gladly put reminders into the update.

Tohil didn't manage to find a satisfactory answer to his faith problems.

If there's anything I could elaborate, let me know!  If the "lack of satisfactory solution" is actually in-character hand-wringing, then okay.
No, it's fine. He wanted to hear something that could give him false hope to continue, but instead the priests basically said what he was expecting to hear: "Followers of the sun have not lasted in the depths."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 03, 2018, 08:35:05 pm »

"Nice. Not quite what I expected bloodbinding to be, but still nice to have. Do we want to go help out at the Salt mine?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 03, 2018, 08:43:38 pm »

"Nice. Not quite what I expected bloodbinding to be, but still nice to have. Do we want to go help out at the Salt mine?"

Tohil nods in agreement and raises his new axe, but doesn't say anything.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 04, 2018, 05:35:41 am »

I had forgotten that the bank key was a rescue mission and thought it was a delivery job. I am still storing the spare Opal after buying food though.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 04, 2018, 06:38:51 am »

"Ooh, tingly. I hope there are few side effects beyond what we just experienced."
Do some work before night rolls in, then go to sleep.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 04, 2018, 02:09:54 pm »

"Ooh, tingly. I hope there are few side effects beyond what we just experienced."

(I read that as "I hope there are a few side effects."  Opposite meaning, and funny.)

But now we have three votes for "Let's see what the Salt family wants" and one for "stick in town," with two players left.  Hmm?  Hmm.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 04, 2018, 02:31:16 pm »

(I read that as "I hope there are a few side effects."  Opposite meaning, and funny.)

But now we have three votes for "Let's see what the Salt family wants" and one for "stick in town," with two players left.  Hmm?  Hmm.
If salt family has work, then I'm gonna git with the salt family.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 04, 2018, 05:48:03 pm »

If uninterrupted, Gary will spend 5 Opal to drink. There's no such thing as being too early to drink.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 05, 2018, 07:21:04 pm »

Okay, then by this point I'm just waiting on Dwain (Starver).  Back later!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:47 am »

(Apols to all, original reply seems not to have been posted after all. So paraphrased and updated...)

I am intrigued by the symbols, and therefore if I have time I'd like to see who is worshipping with the Omegas, if anyone.

But if I can see any more bloodbinding, while we're here, I'd be an interested spectator if allowed.

If this can be combined with my piecework 'board and lodgings' for our stay here, all the better.

If there's signs we're rushing off, though, it can wait. There's information to be gained out there, too, and I doubt things will change here too much in our absence. I'm as prepped as I'll ever be for another dungeon-dive, and now I've got more to think about. Especially if I've seen Tohil's demeanour.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: June 06, 2018, 10:37:48 am »

((If we go with the swordmen, will we be able to return to the city to work, trade and rest?))

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 06, 2018, 10:46:42 am »

Darnit, completely forgot about food. (As I wasn't thinking of moving. And looks like I'd have to personally raid my lockbox and still only afford one day's-worth of rations. So hunting/dressing would be a priority, according to what we find out there, with a fall-back on that biltong stuff we have.)

Either onwards (give or take food trading) or the other phase first. Whichever is decided upon!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:48:41 am by Starver »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: June 06, 2018, 06:39:59 pm »

Okay, then looks like I should put together an informational/transitional update.  Much more brief.  Hands are kinda tired right now, so I'll see.

((If we go with the swordmen, will we be able to return to the city to work, trade and rest?))

That will be part of the update-information, but the idea is "yes."

completely forgot about food.

And I quote:

Provisions are on us

. . . So unless you were talking about later adventuring needs, no cause for alarm!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 06, 2018, 07:06:00 pm »

. . . So unless you were talking about later adventuring needs, no cause for alarm!
Just trying to be prepared. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 173