Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233224 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 18 - Under the Skin
« Reply #2295 on: May 29, 2018, 11:00:28 pm »

"I feel conflicted. I am already one with the sunlight, so would becoming one with the underground forever taint my soul in the eyes of the Incandescend One? What if this is the test of faith I have been expecting during these dark days?"

"Yet, I haven't been unable to contact my god recently. What if he has already abandoned me? What if the darkness of the caverns has already made me unworthy of his attention? My whole life has been under the guidance and protection of the sun, and now I stumble in the shadows as blind as a bat. Will this "bloodbinding" be my salvation or my doom?"

"I need guidance. If not from my god, at least from another member of the cult. Excuse me, both of you are in charge of this temple, right? Have you seen of heard of this symbol? Do any of you have any knowledge of the cult of the Knights of the Sun? I need to discuss this with someone who knows about my faith and religion, a fellow warrior or knight."

Tohil pulls the Surface Kit and draws the sacred symbol of Sol in the paper and shows it to Titan and Europa.

""

He asks if there's a way for him to contact his god or if they know of someone who is also member of the cult that has also descended into the caverns. There must be a nearby sacred place with access to direct sunlight, right? I need to establish contact with my god, my prayers have remained unanswered for far too long.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 30, 2018, 04:51:45 am »

So what do we get for completing quests after 20+ maxhp? Higher monetary rewards?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 30, 2018, 05:30:27 am »

"In one hand being easier to kill sounds like a bad idea in the other we almost die so many times that maybe it is worth it"

accept the Glowstone bloodbinding. Then go to sell the sickle and my etherstone.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 30, 2018, 10:25:04 am »

so he did what any man in his shoes would: he sells his old, useless mining helmet, and the pick (if it was a spare, if it was his only one he keeps it) and uses the money to buy booze at the cheapest tavern in town.

Ahhh, thank you.  This thread usually makes me smile.  (Yes, it's a spare.)

"I feel conflicted. I am already one with the sunlight, so would becoming one with the underground forever taint my soul in the eyes of the Incandescend One? What if this is the test of faith I have been expecting during these dark days?"

He he he.  I can't answer that question for your character, but I can definitely share more info on religion in the update.  A question: do you feel your cult is common enough, or persecuted enough, that others among it would have been exiled before?  With that, I can see what the chances are of anything having been set up in this temple by now.

So what do we get for completing quests after 20+ maxhp? Higher monetary rewards?

You get bloodbinding.  People at this level are the wizards of the party, spending quest-health on magic.  Would you care to partake?

You might as well: everyone in the party at the moment of quest completion gets an equal amount of max HP, so if you hit 20 (like you are doing right now), you'd better sink it into bloodbinding or it is wasted.  Continuing with that idea . . .

accept the Glowstone bloodbinding. Then go to sell the sickle and my etherstone.

You're at 19 max HP, you're about to gain +3, and this will expend 1 point.  There is still 1 further point which would be wasted.  Would you like to bloodbind a second time, either with more glowstone or with a different mineral?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:32:36 am by Sir Knight »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 30, 2018, 10:47:34 am »

Can you please go a little more in-depth for bloodbinding then?
Edit: Nvm, give me workstone and healthstone. Also, sell whatever we don't need and try to buy that healknife I always wanted.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:30:11 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 30, 2018, 11:26:13 am »

He he he.  I can't answer that question for your character, but I can definitely share more info on religion in the update.  A question: do you feel your cult is common enough, or persecuted enough, that others among it would have been exiled before?  With that, I can see what the chances are of anything having been set up in this temple by now.
Persecuted enough? Definitively yes, but there are some problems:
-It's a cult of mainly warriors, knights and wanderers. Fighters of short and violent lives, either dying during combat at a young age or living for enough time to go absolutely insane and becoming like berserkers.
-They depise the dark like Tohil, and being underground for too long might have turned them insane (even more than before) trying to find a way to the surface and the sun or killed by monsters using "unhonorable tactics". They're not used at all to surviving in this kind of enviroment.
-They are all monotheists. While they believe in the existence of other gods, they will only worship Sol and nothing else.

If Tohil finds the answer to his faith problems, I want him to change to a religious class. Otherwise, he stays as an insane knight.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:01 pm »

You're at 19 max HP, you're about to gain +3, and this will expend 1 point.  There is still 1 further point which would be wasted.  Would you like to bloodbind a second time, either with more glowstone or with a different mineral?

In that case, also do a second bloodbinding with workstone

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 30, 2018, 05:26:10 pm »

(Sorry about the delay in response, and welcome back. I just thought it might need a lot of consideration, though mostly it was just me putting off reading it all until I was sat down comfortably and then I think I decided what to do quite quickly.)

I'm not so near maxHPMax as to risk losing any imminent buff reward, but I am already carrying Etherstone bars, sufficient for that. I should perhaps consider that, while not yet impinging upon the communal ores (until actual materialistic shopping occurs, then we'll see what's what).

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:00 pm »

Persecuted enough? Definitively yes, but there are some problems:

Great, I can work with those.

give me workstone and healthstone. Also, sell whatever we don't need and try to buy that healknife I always wanted.
In that case, also do a second bloodbinding with workstone

Excellent!  Now for the fun part: the ceremony involves using your powers one time.

Dustan (Dustan Hache): When bloodbound to healthstone, you can either heal somebody over their max health (probably a waste to do right now) or you can increase one person's carrying capacity permanently by 5 kg.  So, how will you use that?

And both of you: When bloodbound to workstone, you can permanently raise the quality level of one iron or workstone weapon or armor piece.  There's a catch, though, because you must actually use the item in combat before you use the power.  Knowing this, the temple has a combat area in the back of the temple, where those who seek bloodbinding to workstone engage in a duel to first blood with a (heavily-armored) member of Theia.  Both of you have enough health that you cannot possibly die in one blow, so I'll assume you're okay with this.  Yes?

And if so, which equipment piece do each of you want to improve?

(Sorry about the delay in response, and welcome back. I just thought it might need a lot of consideration, though mostly it was just me putting off reading it all until I was sat down comfortably and then I think I decided what to do quite quickly.)

Hi!  I can hardly believe people are reading it so quickly.  Need only Alyssa (Rautherdir) now!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:34 pm »

i will upgrade my trusty pickaxe.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 31, 2018, 10:11:17 am »

Well, I'm here, but I need to read the posts again before deciding on an action. Think I know what I'll be doing immediately, so here it is:

I will be bloodbinding with Workstone and Etherstone, and will be upgrading my Phasestrike javelin if possible. I'm willing to sell my mace and the waterskins of Ether cola, which should help with getting the weapon/armor Tohil wants.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:53:02 am by Rautherdir »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:08 am »

((Also, do you guys think we have enough money and ore to afford buying an Ember Tunic or Roaring Axe for Tohil?))

((Question: Can we barter or do quests for the merchants in exchange for a lower price for a specific piece of gear?))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 31, 2018, 12:00:07 pm »

I will use it to heal someone later. The reason I wanted it was to enhance the healknife. Yes I am fine with a sparring match to do that wit, but really, I'm the team doktor. Healing (and mad science) are my bread and butter.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 31, 2018, 12:41:54 pm »

((If no one else wants it, I would like the permanent inventory increase as I have been with an almost full bag for a long time. Depending on the result of the action of this turn, Tohil might also take a glowstone bloodbinding.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:21:34 pm by randomgenericusername »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 31, 2018, 02:41:25 pm »

I will be bloodbinding with Workstone and Etherstone,
Ok, so I'd already been thinking of Etherstone, as mentioned. I haven't noticed anybody going for Bindstone binding (tell me if I'm wrong), yet that really isn't my 'thing' to try. (Actually, Healthstone might be more my thing than Etherstone, but I'm not currently in a position to splurge on bindings that copy others, like Dustan). The Etherstone thing sounded like a Last Resort skill that maybe someone could welcome my bringing to the party when the chips are down.

Two Etherstoners (able to help two others of the group) may still be practical if my thinking is correct. But obviously I wouldn't want to step on toes. I could just watch from the sidelines, this time round, or pick up the Bindstone skill to fill in a gap that I'm not sure I'm useful for.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 173