Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233279 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Turn around and ready my sling, shouting at the bandit to stand down. If he refuses, pelt him one right inbetween the eyes!
"Drop your weapon now, or you're going to be spare parts for anyone you injured, and I will keep you alive to feel it all!"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:04:57 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone can see Tohil's face turn red with pure wrath.
A trap?! A TRAP?!

"I'LL KILL YOU WITH MY HANDS, BASTARDOUS CRIMINAL! FOR THE SUN!"

He dared to use unfair tactics and dishonorable tricks. He deserves death! Quickly charge and stab him through the chest with my sword! I must defend Dwain!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Defensive posture, feet braced as I slide onto the back foot. Empty hands with arms conspicuously posed as if they could do anything.

(Not sure I could parry a sword, properly, with either pick or knife (or "please 'scuse me a moment" and rumage for either hammer), and I am probably not as nimble as I could be with the pack on my back, but get into a bracing posture. In particular I want to be ready to dodge away, especially in the direction away from any Dustanised projectile, but that's for me to know and the attacker to not be entirely sure about.)

If it's a single bandit, he has ought to now realise that his trap has acted to get a lot of people mad at him (he might not have realised this, with maybe just two people originally near his trap, a now with Dustan's threat he might have second thoughts). If there are more, unseen, and they have their ranged bead on us already, it'd be equally foolhardy to get into a arse-kicking contest before we actually know what we're up against, ourselves.

"Listen to him. Or don't, but then I promise you *all* a surprise."
(Cold-reading with the '*all*'. Unless he's a hermit bandit, he'll at least have a camp of fellow bandits/wannabees to worry about, if not backup here, so might as well fake this 'knowledge'.)

Ummm, or maybe (After seeing Tohil's intentions...) If Tohil reacts first, just dodge to draw attention, if I get to do my bit first then (add) "Brother Tohil! Save it for the others!", but still dodge to the side and then go for my knife to back up that other attack (or go for anyone else who jumps down) whilst this new distraction happens.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:45:27 am by Starver »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

After taking a moment to realize what had just happened, Gary shouts: "You're handily outnumbered, sir! Surrender now and avoid the cruelty that is death!"

If the bandit appears to comply with surrendering, Gary then attempts to halt Tohil's charge. If not, Gary simply stands back and keeps an eye out for more bandits; the only reason the man wouldn't surrender is if he had backup nearby.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

"no mercy"

Acquire vengeance trough pickaxe based violence
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If surrender, just walk ahead. If not, phasestrike Javelin.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

It's fascinating seeing how you people react to each new whatsit.  It seems I can depend on some fraction that goes "like the GM intended" and some other fraction that doesn't.  And then there's usually something completely insane--apparently not today, unless one of you feels like appending chicken noises or whatever.

with my sword!

Huh, that's right, never returned the sword after it was offered in trade.  Just need to remember that.

[Many things]

Woo, complicated.  If it comes to it, I can do opposed rolls and such.

Back tomorrow!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

with my sword!

Huh, that's right, never returned the sword after it was offered in trade.  Just need to remember that.
Tohil will give it back when Alyssa asks for it. He would have returned it if Alyssa needed it or wanted it back.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile

Weapons? Killing with bare hands? Bandits? Louis draws his sword and trots forward around the wheelbarrows, checking all directions for trouble. If someone tries to jump out from the other direction, Louis is ready.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Many things]

Woo, complicated.  If it comes to it, I can do opposed rolls and such.
Do that. And I'll happily make chicken noises too along the way, if it helps.  ;)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

with my sword!

Tohil will give it back when Alyssa asks for it. He would have returned it if Alyssa needed it or wanted it back.
((I'd kind of want a bit more health before getting into close combat.))

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Previous -- Next

It all comes down to rolling for initiative, doesn't it?

Spoiler: Combat round order (click to show/hide)

. . . Louis, Dwain, the human bandit, Alyssa Alpine, Dustan, John, Tohil, Gary.

John was knocked prone, so I'll hold until the end and see what else I need to do.

Spoiler: Melee; isn't it grand? (click to show/hide)

It is with a mixture of demands and violence that the exiles respond to this assault.  Except for two: Louis stays on the lookout, and Dwain is on a defensive strategy.  When the bandit swings his sword at you, you dodge backward without effort (though you doubt he would have gotten through your armor with that attempt anyway).

Dustan presents a binary choice of surrender or projectile-based death while Alyssa, just as skilled at range, waits to see if intervention is necessary.

Tohil sees no need to wait!  Not heeding the shouts, demands, and commands of your teammates, you charge forward and try to stab straight through.  The bandit lurches at the last moment and suffers a painful sword cut on his weapon hand instead!

Gary backs up the general demands for submission, but John would like to see victory through blood.  By the time you get to your feet, it seems the bandit is running away!  You hack your pick into his retreating back, and it goes through his leather tunic with ease, but his movement is enough to take the kill out of your strike.

And with that he runs up the slope without a word or a look back.  The exiles' suspicions are already heightened: how much of this is part of "the plan"?  No one detects evidence as yet to say either way.

I didn't have anywhere natural to say this in the narrative, so here are some basic observations about this person.  You can recognize the gray of the rock hydra leather he's wearing, and he's got a helmet on as most people do in the mines.  However, he does not carry a backpack.  Other equipment to be determined.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Nobody else hurt? Good, Then lets get ready to move. John, c'mere for a second."
Heal John, then get ready to move with the group as they see fit.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"COME HERE AND DIE, YOU COWARD!"

Quickly shoot him in the leg with my sling. Use a Fire Skull. Don't chase after him, though.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

"Fine we should kill him... to protect other travelers of course, no because vengeance"

Go for the healing but have the sling out just in case
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 173