Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233374 times)

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #2085 on: March 01, 2018, 12:26:14 pm »

Is that okay?

Uh,black will do. The red is there just for the extra edge. Near-black also works,if it wont bother you too much.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:29:18 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 01, 2018, 11:07:59 pm »

And I have various things organized.  Just have to remember to update everything when I finally post.  Back tomorrow!

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - Hardworking Individuals
« Reply #2087 on: March 02, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »

Previous -- Next

Okay, lots to roll.  Dustan (Dustan Hache): you'll be pleased to know that, when I formalized the "make more bandages" system in my notes, I accommodated for how a blanket is both larger and more straightforward for turning into bandages than an old fabric tunic is.  Depending on the crafting roll, you can make twice as much stuff out of a blanket.

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diplomacy check (click to show/hide)

Gary seems surprisingly coherent and able to vocalize his displeasure at near-death experiences. Dustan, who is intimately familiar with near-death experiences, attempts to accommodate, this time not by stabbing violently.  You get the deceased's spare blanket (Alyssa was holding onto it) and carve up some bandages.  Ehh, another shoddy job, but you're back in business.

The conversation is going well in the meantime, thanks to Tohil's exceedingly reasonable offers.  Financial compensation?  Goodness!  And even a free chunk of bindstone?  Oh, no, that's just too much!  Two out of three guards agree you can keep that for yourself, they'll accept the other possessions, and they'll just have to put in the labor to fill the hole, it's fine.

The remaining guard seems a little disappointed that she doesn't get to march you over to Rock Bottom and inflict some not-wholly-defined punishment on you.  The others . . . appear relieved.

Dustan, Tohil, and Gary team up to carry Bob's corpse outta here.

Spoiler: Heavy lifting rolls (click to show/hide)

Once more into the darkness!  The rest of the group attempts to catch up with the people who departed already.  And, you note, departed with the wheelbarrows.  You are significantly hampered by corpse.  Carrying a full backpack and an adult dead person?

On the way, those of you who are new to the depths contemplate what will happen when you get to this "Rock Bottom" place.  A larger inhabitation than the Halfway House?  With, even, a bank?  Things sound fairly cushy down here, especially considering that rock hydra welcome.

And then, just as the follow-uppers come to a final northward bend in the tunnel, there is a "splat."  Gary, the last person to be tasked with the dead body, has dumped Bob flat on the ground and passed out from overexertion.  Might as well take a look around, eh?

Day 16, Evening

In the lead, Dwain and Louis have already wheeled the wheelbarrows around some suspicious gorestains.  You spotted mushrooms growing in the blood and managed not to tread on any.  Now you stand next to a column shining with opal deposits.  John, immediately behind, halts upon smelling a familiar smell.  What is that, caramel?  No, cinnamon?

Gary (Coolrune206): While unconscious, feel free to embark on a vivid multi-stage dream sequence of profound personal importance.  I will wake you when the time comes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:32:50 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 02, 2018, 09:05:10 pm »

Gary embarks on a vivid multi-stage dream sequence of profound personal importance, knowing he will wake when the time comes.

(Don't actually worry about writing this, Sir Knight. I'll have Gary describe it when awoken if prompted.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:39:28 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 02, 2018, 09:23:30 pm »

"Gary, wake up! The sun hasn't died yet! It's still our time to shine and smite down the forces of evil with the glorious brillance of our Sun!"
Dump the water on my waterskin over Gary's face and slap him to wake him up. Make sure to not slap him very hard so he's not even more injured.

((OOC note: When Tohil is in "calmed down" mode, his text glow is yellow. When he's on "praise the sun!" mode, the text glow is gold.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 02, 2018, 09:25:17 pm »

(judging from the mentions of a sweet scent, and the presence of bindstone, we got "something to mine and something g to kill" in ant nest form, didn't we?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 02, 2018, 09:53:19 pm »

"Oh great more giant ants"

start checking the tunnel at the right
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 02, 2018, 10:09:36 pm »

"Your reverence does you credit, the way you bear aloft your fallen foe, to the limits of exhaustion. One could wonder why it was necessary...  Anyway, mind the mushrooms. Are we stopping here?"

((I'm half of a mind that we ought to leave the body 'in tableau' in some fictional situation that we contrive to engineer to look heroic in nature. But that's just me, not Dwain,))

If there's room on a barrow for a person-sized load, in amongst the bones, I'd rather it be a live, if recovering, body. If there's material enough strewn about for a cairn, look speculatively at the possibility of starting one, but away from the current fungal footholds.  In fact, if we're stopping, scout about, and check out the cracks.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:04 pm »

(Whenever I stare at an update this long, I become convinced that I'm forgetting something.  Anything from leaving out a person on the map to forgetting an entire plot hook I'd been planning for ages.  Obviously you can't help me with the latter . . . but if you see anything obviously wrong, you folks will let me know, right?)

(judging from the mentions of a sweet scent, and the presence of bindstone, we got "something to mine and something g to kill" in ant nest form, didn't we?)

Bindstone?  Not on this map.  Just that opal, unless you know something I don't.  But I'm glad you're using your senses; it could go a few ways from here.

If there's room on a barrow for a person-sized load, in amongst the bones

Not at this time there isn't.  I'll gladly keep it in mind if it comes to it.  Carting unconscious comrades is a time-honored tradition.

Back tomorrow!  Or something?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 03, 2018, 07:21:35 am »

Sorry, meant to say workstone, but would if been wrong either way. Note to self, don't post regarding map objects when close to blacking out.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 03, 2018, 09:07:38 am »

"My friend Dwain, please look around and tell me if you really consider this is a good time to be asleep! With all those mushrooms and bloodstains, I have a feeling something may be lurking in the darkness, waiting in ambush to attack us when we least expect it! Who would you think it would attack? Any of the combat-ready members of the group or the easy prey that has fallen asleep? I am not leaving him in the ground, unable to defend himself!"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 03, 2018, 01:53:38 pm »

"Depends. An attack force will concentrate on those who can defend themselves. Animals protecting their territory are also more likely to attack those that pose a threat. Animals hunting for food, or forces dealing in hit-and-run or stealth tactics, that is what Gary would have to worry about. Having said that, this scent is reminiscent of the scent propagated by the ant lemmings. We may find their trails at some point, though it worries me that there is blood here but no corpses. I don't remember the Ant Lemmings being carnivorous, though their larger kin - the Ant Lions - might. Also, if we do find Ant Lemmings, we can probably safely assume that the mushrooms are poisonous or otherwise inedible for them."

Keep on the lookout for any additional signs of animal/human life.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 03, 2018, 02:08:51 pm »

"My friend Dwain, please look around and tell me if you really consider this is a good time to be asleep!

I presume you meant Gary (Coolrune206), so you are joining in on the "wake up the exhausted and thus probably unable to do much good even when conscious individual" party?

And I don't have an actual action from Dustan (Dustan Hache), just commentary, but at least you've checked in.  And there's the lasting conundrum of Louis (dustywayfarer).  Acknowledging the possibility of additions/corrections, I believe I can get to work on the update!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:14:42 pm by Sir Knight »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 03, 2018, 02:29:12 pm »

scout ahead for trouble. Extinguish my lantern temporarily while I do so. Be stealthy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:31:48 pm by Dustan Hache »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 03, 2018, 03:27:39 pm »

"My friend Dwain, please look around and tell me if you really consider this is a good time to be asleep!

I presume you meant Gary (Coolrune206), so you are joining in on the "wake up the exhausted and thus probably unable to do much good even when conscious individual" party?
(I was replying to Dwain. Gary is asleep. And it's better to be awake and tired than asleep and completely defenseless. At least he will know what's attacking him and he could try movig away.)
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 173