Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233235 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »

"So do we kill them and take their stuff or what?"

If someone goes down the slope follow them if not mine coal
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2017, 10:54:16 pm »

((Meta-knowledge wise, I know I just failed a spot-check, and I know that there's gonna be something down there ready to kill me, be it massive evil spiders, or a trap. However, Frank is Frank, so...))

Frank quickly runs down the slope, scoops up the magenta and opals, and then as much coal as he can store in his backpack, before returning to the group as quickly as humanly possible, and then watching the slope for any monsters.

((We don't HAVE to sleep yet, right?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2017, 09:12:19 am »

Previous -- Next

This'll be quick.

Haven't heard from Dustan (Dustan Hache) and Lazlowe (Shadowclaw777), and I don't want you to think that I'm skipping you or anything, but Frank (Coolrune206) is on point and could do this sort of thing before others moved anyway.  You'll have full information so you can react.

I'll give priority to anything Dustan and Shadowclaw777 tell me after this little interrupt.

Frank spots the curiosities before the team does and he hurries down the slope after them.  John goes to follow, providing light, but Frank is already panting back to meet him at the slope, backpack bulging, his hands so full of loose heavy coal that he has to dump an armful right back on the ground.  He still holds a sample of the opalescent stuff in his hand.  Together they see more of the farther chamber.

There's another long crevice into the distance at the far end, plus a slope back up on one side.  Frank is glad to get back out of the area, really.  It smelled bad.  Like animal droppings or something.

Coolrune206, you're 3 kg overburdened and should probably let other people deal with some of your loot.  Look at your character sheet in the first post.

John (ziizo) had interest in mining coal, and last I heard Shadowclaw777 did too.  Coolrune206; want to join them in mining something from the available options?  Dustan Hache; likewise?  And I'll assume that you try to burn raw coal and eat scaled turkeys when camping this night.

Need consensus, otherwise anyone who wishes more exploring should speak up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:22:10 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:03 am »

Frank passes all of his coal to John, before getting to work on mining the magenta in the bottom left.

He eats turkey. He drinks nothing. He sleeps with a blanket. He lights a fire using coal.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:31 am »

John accepts the coal the mines the coal with the crack

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2017, 11:27:30 am »

"Their still seems more to explore, however"

Do the usually casually walking and explore up that ramp to the southeast, than go explore the northern cave crevice we can't see yet

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »

Pretty hard to get four people to agree on mining, huh?  I remember someone, somewhere saying mining picks are inefficient, as though there were a better way . . .

Not to worry, though.  I built plenty of layers into this game, so as long as you can survive to the end of this scene, you should do juuust fiiine.

Waitin' on Dustan.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2017, 08:01:33 pm »

drop off my rust rock in the barrow and regroup.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »

Previous -- Next

Well, Dustan, the wheelbarrow's full (see the inventory in the first post), so I'll dump the rocks in a heap on the map, which you can see below.  Everybody's nearly full on inventory.  Fortunately, you'll either find something to do with these rocks or die trying!  Now . . .

John accepts the offer from Frank for the dusty loot and loads up.  It's a lot of weight, but whatever, presumably you're all bringing this somewhere for some purpose, right?

(Frank (Coolrune206), to get you below the weight limit, I'm assuming you also drop that opalescent rock from your hands, so you can see it sitting on the map right now.  Someone should grab it . . . )

Lazlowe heads off into the lower cave area, his light quickly revealing the northeast to be a dead end without having to explore it, so he heads toward the slope in the south.  Dustan, behind in the upper cave, has to light his lantern to see where he's leaving all the mined rocks, but so be it.

The smell of animal droppings rises as Lazlowe goes up the slope, but soon a more pressing sensation occurs: a great rush as of many wings.  Which is exactly what is coming.  Disturbed from slumber by noisy footfalls comes a flying, screeching flock of hideous bug bat bird things, directly at your face.  They have tiny little teeth.  And a great big appetite!

And there are twenty of them.

Obviously there are more than will fit in tile graphics: it's just a cloud.

The creatures batter at Lazlowe and two of them get solid bites on his flesh.  It's like standing in a fountain of fluttering paper cuts!  (Or maybe parchment cuts.  Yes, parchment.)

(You know what I like?  When something goes wrong, it's Frank's fault.  And somehow he's not dead yet.  In this case, because those GM stealth rolls came around to bite Lazlowe instead.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:34:53 pm by Sir Knight »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 09:36:35 pm »

Frank felt strange. Maybe it was Lazlowe's screams coming from deeper within the cave. Maybe it was the way that the GM laughed at his good fortune. However, he felt it was best to not question it. Instead, he rushed to Lazlowe's aid.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2017, 02:20:03 am »

run towards lazlowe

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2017, 03:31:11 am »

Maybe it was the way that the GM laughed at his good fortune.
Oh god now he's got the power to break the fourth wall!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2017, 05:39:50 am »

That's what picks are for...  :)

(At last, a PTW that doesn't look like a PTW.  Oh drat, given the game away.)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2017, 11:15:27 am »

It is time...to bravely run away towards the direction the group

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2017, 11:24:13 am »

And we shall see just how successful you are once Dustan checks in.

I mean, sure, he probably wants to kill the thingies.  But he's the closest to them (out of the three not currently in combat), so I'd like his confirmation on the number of tiny fangs he'd like stuck to his face before I stick a number of tiny fangs in his face.

Also: hi, Starver!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 173