Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 173

Author Topic: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 20 - At Rest  (Read 233401 times)

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
Re: Magical ASCII Mine-diving Adventure, Day 16 - A Friendly Face
« Reply #1965 on: February 18, 2018, 10:57:19 am »

Carve a super swole Etrigan in a glorious pose on one of the pillars (stalactamites?) near the water.

"PILLAR MAN SWOG LEL"
I am a Goober.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 18, 2018, 10:57:47 am »

Gary finds a wall and smashes his face into it repeatedly.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 18, 2018, 11:10:42 am »

Has it been fun?
I object to the past tense!

(I'm happy with everything just done. No more trades at my end, unless something else significant changes before moving on. I don't currently need the skulls that I posited getting upon full-sale of the hydra, and will forgo any share from Jellyfish sales, here or at RB, if it stays unrotted and there's no loose change needing spending. I see food has been added to some, which may help if we are delayed - as would the jelly?)

Oh look. Perhaps take interest in Bob's carving, and be concerned with Gary's attempt at kinetic art, in whichever order makes most sense given they're both way over behind my back and likely to attract the interest of the locals first anyway.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 18, 2018, 03:15:53 pm »

( . . . Wow.)

Uh, okay, I'll slightly modify the above to avoid breaking the fourth wall and/or anyone's face

And I'll want input from Dustan (Dustan Hache), John (ziizo), and Louis (dustywayfarer) at this point, though the latter is still on a swim.  (I didn't forget your interest in checking out the bottom of the pool.)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 18, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »

sell the damaged tunics, hoods and leathers in the second wheelbarrow to buy as much glowstone as possible it is more valuable than opal and we can burn it at "night"

Also Happy Birthday game.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:06:24 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 18, 2018, 03:37:48 pm »

((We should probably accept the credit deal instead.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 18, 2018, 04:10:02 pm »

((We should probably accept the credit deal instead.))

I didn't knew we had glowstone, so changing to that.

Unless someone protest sell everything (except the vials needed for the mission) in the two wheelbarrows and accept the paper credit thing we can split it when we get to rock bottom.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 18, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

((Everything except for the ores, bones and leathers. We need those for Rock Bottom.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 18, 2018, 09:09:04 pm »

A plan!  I sing the praises of planning!

And I'll make the numbers work.  Now I just need to see if Dustan (Dustan Hache) has any input--as established, Louis (dustywayfarer) is on a watery course, but I'd welcome input as usual.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 19, 2018, 11:01:02 am »

contribute my 1 opal to rounding off the credit, if nessesary. Otherwise, do nothing.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 19, 2018, 11:11:29 am »

Ah, I was checking the thread right as you posted.  I realized that, oops, I didn't need to press Louis (dustywayfarer) for an action; I'd been looking at the wrong person, and the action I needed was there on the previous page.  With yours ready, I'm now set to charge ahead!

Maaaaaaath!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:26:59 am by Sir Knight »

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:38 pm »

Previous -- Next

Having prepared a bunch of math, now comes the more relaxing part: writing the update!

Spoiler: Looky, looky? (click to show/hide)

Louis finishes his swim with a quick dive to the bottom of the pool.  Doesn't seem to be anything of interest; the people you see here must take care of their living space and rarely litter.  After a brief and unintended breath of water, you resurface and cough your way back to the group.

It looks like a great deal of commerce is being simplified by a banking transaction.  Alyssa makes some trades to get a new (and fine) sword, with the old one going to Louis.  This takes the two of them out of "dibs" on the remaining loot, which comes to 90 kg of shiny, shiny opal.  Or, more accurately, credit written on a piece of parchment.

As the gentleman from Cornu works on that, others make inquiries.  Tohil asks about local wildlife, in particular whatever donated the bone for the expensive lifedrink bludgeon on sale.  "There are a lot of creatures out beyond the common ones," Etrigan says.  "Alarming things in the deep--sometimes literally.  I've never seen a live sucker-faced freak myself, only dealt with the carcasses brought in by the rare survivor.  They . . . " he hesitates.  "It's hard to tell what's damage from combat and what's a freak's natural shape.  I just know that, when you meet them, there are a lot of them."

If he was going to say anything more, he's interrupted.

Gary, his face planted firmly against a wall, is accosted by a woman with a battle axe.  "No vandalism!" she calls out.  "We have to live here!"

A moment later, a "tink!" sound draws attention to Bob, wielding hammer and chisel against a stalagmite.  The axe becomes redirected.  "And the same to you!"

"There we are," says the gentleman finishing the last line of graphite on the letter of credit.  He confirms the total with you, folds the parchment, and seals it with a blob of sealing wax.  Hmm, never seen such a teal-colored wax before.

The letter of credit is now in the wheelbarrow, where it is presumably pinned under a rock for safe keeping.  I have updated all character sheets.

I sold lots of stuff except for the special ores and leather (iron and so on don't have any "special" purpose, so they went bye-bye).  There is still a standing jellyfish in a wheelbarrow: as pointed out, it's perfectly good food, and is a very recent kill.  And, of course, there are the bones from the rock hydra.  No one has any loose opal after this math effort.

Louis (dustywayfarer): I initially misread who was doing what, and was thinking of Bob (magmaholic) when it came to splitter wands.  I've since put my head back on and incorporated your offer of a couple of wands to help Alyssa Alpine (Rautherdir).  Since Bob was buying two new wands anyway, I swapped possession around a little and saved everybody on expense to exactly the same net result.  Convenience!

Dustan (Dustan Hache): You said you'd accept 80% for your loot instead of 100%, but by backtracking to 100% and adding that excess to other people's leftovers, I was able to save another unit of glowstone that Alyssa is carrying for later use.  I figured that the communal good was a higher priority than "logic" or "temporal sequence of events."

'Cause we've been here long enough.  Are we ready-ish for whatever comes next?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:53:36 pm by Sir Knight »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »

"Is everyone ready to depart? We have beasts to slay!"
Grab one of the bindstone rocks from the wheelbarrow before leaving. When we decide to leave, stay in the fron with the light of my trusty lantern and attemp to guide everyone.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 19, 2018, 09:45:43 pm »

Bob mutters angrily and follows Tohil out.
"Your mother is a vandalism,thats who."
I am a Goober.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 19, 2018, 10:23:20 pm »

Gary follows Tohil, a little dizzy but otherwise unaffected by his cranial trauma. He listens to Bob muttering and, nudging him, declares "I don't think she can hear you. Hold on a moment."
He then turns around and calls out to the nice axe lady "Excuse me! My friend Bob here thinks your mother is a vandalism! Truly, he's a master of words!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 173