Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: World of Avatars(OOC)  (Read 8588 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Avatars(OOC)
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2017, 08:18:23 pm »

^ω^ I just thot of a revivalll option: you have to win 3 fights in the avatar fight thread first!

Technically, it goes like you win, other guy wins, then another guy wins, I'd be kind of impossible...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:59 pm »

Not three fights in a row mind you...
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »

Oh...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2017, 08:21:27 pm »

Holy cow you typed that so freaking fast I think my face just got burnt.

I was hitting refresh in disbelief that you could have still have the newest comment within seconds.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:26:13 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:10 pm »

I don't know. That, again, sounds a bit too easy. Something about the way you phrased it, maybe? I don't know. I think one reason is because World of Avatars is a story based spinoff, but I would support it if it gave the battle thread a storyline, like that's Valhalla or something. Bit on the fence, is all I'm saying.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »

(...You just gave it one. And that is exactly what I was thinking! Too.)

It would be interesting to see The Grim Reaper explain it more, that's why I showed interest in doing it. But you essentially nailed it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2017, 09:10:08 pm »

Ah, okay. Well, in that case, go for it! It'd be pretty sweet. I'd rather either do that or switch PCs then spend LP to get whoever I am back.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:11 pm »

-3 LP may seem small,(not that you were saying this I'm just making a statement) but it can essentially mean you're cursed for three chapters which is not really small at all, even though it could be ended sooner if you get "lucky" and get non repeating bad rolls to restore LP faster.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2017, 09:41:30 pm »

This reminds me of Heroscape. Heroes were pulled from throughout time the moment before their death, to fight in wars in Valhalla.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2017, 01:28:12 pm »

IMO a DM should go easy on the "mutilating" kind of damage.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »

Yeah, but it's Lun's first 6 v 1 out of a possible two, so logically, that should be a traumatic injury.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:45 pm »

No. Logic only goes so far as to say, that it should set up mortal danger...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2017, 01:55:56 pm »

Let's play this out in its conclusion.

What if a 1 mames someone? Logically if it's an important character or their main character the person is going to heal them up one way or another. The more often it happens the more trivial healing potions and things like that have to be and become.

On the other hand if one only put them in danger and then one would kill them. Then if they make a deal to return as if they narrowly survived. (Like the avatar crawling out of the T Rex mouth)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

Here's a trope I think will do a lot of good to grow in WoA.
Healing Magic Is The Hardest

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2017, 02:14:27 pm »

...Are you telling me how to DM this game? Huh?

Listen, I know you want to help. You make very good points. But I will not, and I must repeat, not be lectured like I'm being lectured right now. This is simply how I'm interpreting the rules you, yes, you put forth. If I'm interpreting them wrong, then I won't DM again, and you won't have to deal with a failure ruining everything.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10