Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 39680 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2019, 03:08:33 pm »

Continuing my roleplay catacomb exploration, I was attacked by a thief and promptly killed him. This is one of the best drops I had with this character so far, and it's out of a measly thief - an enchanted dwarven-grade dai-katana!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're roleplaying as Victor Von Doom, explorer?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2019, 03:10:42 pm »

Continuing my roleplay catacomb exploration, I was attacked by a thief and promptly killed him. This is one of the best drops I had with this character so far, and it's out of a measly thief - an enchanted dwarven-grade dai-katana!

Hey, my character has that same cloak!

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2019, 03:41:03 pm »

You've got some better equipment though, and at a lower level than mine! I identified the dai-katana after finally clearing a quarter of all the game's tombs, it gives slowfall on cast. Might come in handy once or twice, though the damage is an upgrade over the elven one. I just gotta unlock fixing enchanted weaposn.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:41 am »

Made 5 missions for the fighter guild and got 4 of them in a row being "slay that giant in dungeon x" quest.
giants aren't a joke in those quests at low level because when you hit the target it will launch a call , triggering more giants spawning after a while in the dungeon you're in.
When you're low level it's a very good idea to have put an anchor near the exit and teleport back (the recall spell is a must anyways in Daggerfall) to it after killing the target, because more giants can be bad news as they can inflict up to 2 times the damage a skeleton can do to you.

Oh and in Daggefall it's a good idea to get some skill training with blunt weapons, because those legions of skeletons you encounter in dungeons (i wish D-U had some stats page , i'm curious to know how many of those hundreds of skeletons i killed so far)  only take half damage from other type of weapons.

Great news for my character, he finally found 2 dwarven weapons from an Orc castle siege amongst very good money from completing it (a broadsword and a longsword, the broadsword dealing the less damage oddly as from the pictures it looked bigger), meaning finally no more running away from harpies :)

EDIT :
Finally got my rank up to "enchanter" in the mage guild, it tooks a long grinding in the wilderness of my Destruction skill throwing shocks or fireball (not sure if using more expensive spell increase the internal train progression more than lower ones) to finally get it to reach 55 (as to reach that rank you need your best mage guild skill at 55 the lowest at 21), resting a lot too (should really have made a custom class for the x3 magicka, those default battlemages aren't that, mixed with the forbidding of most armor it's annoying), as the trainer told me i was better than him when i was at +/- 51 and so wouldn't be able to train me more on it :/

But it seems to have improved the items available in the guild magic item seller as i got a cape and a torc that improve my willpower and my speed, willpower being apparently used in how fast/slow a magic-based skill can be grinded it sounds like a good new.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:56:16 am by Robsoie »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2019, 12:33:24 pm »

can't you just sit in an inn room and throw spell at the wall to level them up instead of leaving town?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 12:58:29 pm »

The advantage is the loot, half of the time it is an Orc or a human class that you meet in the wilderness, meaning there's loot to have (and if very lucky there may be something really good). So you both grind and make money at the same time.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2019, 01:26:40 pm »

Made some missions for Mages Guild again - I was thrown up against some human opponents, and they're dropping pretty good stuff lately, mostly elven and dwarven equipment. I also stand a much better chance against many enemies in the game, and I foung an enchanted elven mace of force bolts.

I bought a ship, though I took a small loan which I'll repay soon.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:03 pm »

I assume everyone is playing permadeath.      Otherwise it's cheating.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2019, 02:16:33 pm »

Well, it sortof is permadeath, it’s just that you can reload any point previous to your death afterwards.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2019, 02:19:55 pm »

I've never encountered this particular dungeon block before, but I'm pretty sure that a dungeon isn't the best place to keep cattle.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2019, 02:21:26 pm »

Well, somebody said "You fight like a cow!", and then they wanted one for reference.
Also, could it be stolen cattle?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2019, 02:24:43 pm »

I'd never set foot in a dungeon if it was permadeath; it'd just be more economical to pick the lock to a bookstore and fence all the books the following day to a pawn shop to become fabulously wealthy. Yawn.

Cheat away, me hearties.
Pretty sure reloading an earlier save after death is how its supposed to work. Otherwise it would just delete the save and we'd have to savescum.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 04:41:59 pm »

Maybe someone interested by this kind of gameplay should suggest an ironman option on the dev forum.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2019, 09:24:55 pm »

Theodyrick Laboratory sucks. It's populated by plenty of mages, battlemages and nightblades, all of which are easy enough with my equipment, but it also features lots of water and elevators, both of which are huge nuisances. I also have just 13 days to kill a wizard and get out. If I didn't have Recall at this point, I would probably be ending my playthrough here.

Also my magical bra of spell absorption isn't as awesome as I thought it would be. Instead of totally absorbing spells and adding to my magicka, it seems to just add a chance to save. I'm sure it will get more impressive as I level up.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:29:00 pm by itisnotlogical »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2019, 11:34:09 pm »

Decided to actually try it out, and efer modding it to the gills with the recommendations here... it is pretty damn awesome. Had to reload a bunch of times on occasion, but still.

Tried to make a thief/stealth archer, only to end up with no arrows (and can't find any) and protecting homes from thieves.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14