Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tagteam Mode: Apply here!  (Read 2598 times)

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tagteam Mode: Apply here!
« on: November 12, 2007, 08:42:00 pm »

What'll happen is this:

We'll need seven people in total, one for each of the starting dwarves, counting myself. What this game is basically a Bloodline game, but instead of the baton being passed on once, we basically play Hot Potato with it.

The first year, the designated leader shall play a year, before posting his situation to everyone else via diary and pictures.

What each of the seven people will do is offer what to do next: I.E. 'build more farms and create a defense', 'ignore defense entirely', 'create a military', etc. The seven people then vote for which idea they like best, and the creator of the idea is then the leader. You cannot vote for yourself, obviously.

In cases of a tie, there is a re-vote between the tie-ers.

Anyway:

DWARF 1 - Flok Speargrabber (Job: Noble, Farmer, Fisherdwarf, or Blacksmith, depending on what we need)
DWARF 2 - Tinker (Job: Carpenter/Building Designer)
DWARF 3 - Ganndd (Job: Marksman / Animal Trainer)
DWARF 4 - Xgamer4 (Job: Herbalist. Does this include Farmer?)
DWARF 5 - Mzbundifund (Job: Mason / Mechanic)
DWARF 6 -
DWARF 7 -

edit: If you're going to apply, make sure you have a personality in mind for your character. If you want an idea of what kind of character to make, read Boatmurdered: http://fromearth.net/LetsPlay/Boatmurdered/

New players are welcome. Please try to refrain from running the game into the ground, though.

UPDATE:
Since we're starting to get going, we should decide on an initial player, the starting location, and what have you.
No cheats, post screenshots, post IC diaries. Press z to see a date, so you can keep an accurate journal.
Also, post links to the saves here, so people outside the seven can pick up the game from that point.

Now, if we exceed the seven, there's still hope. People will drop out, be busy, or give up. This means the next person replaces them, and we all vote on who's next while reverting to the last save.

[ November 13, 2007: Message edited by: Flok Speargrabber ]

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: Flok Speargrabber ]

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: Tagteam Mode: Apply here!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Flok Speargrabber:
<STRONG>The FIRST person to finish a year and write an ACCEPTABLE BY MAJORITY diary gets their save used next.</STRONG>

It seems like this would lead to a lot of wasted effort, with people starting multiple saves that would potentially get discarded. A possible variant to cut down on the amount of redundant playing would be to have people submit proposals in advance (in character, of course!) on what to do for the next season/couple seasons/year, and then vote for who takes the game forward with their plan. Overall mostly the same, except have the voting for whether to accept a plan be done in advance instead of waiting for someone to play their turn and then potentially reject their playing in favor of someone else's.

[ November 12, 2007: Message edited by: RPB ]

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:56:00 pm »

Ooh, so IC we'd elect a new leader?

Seven players would fit nicely. A group of elders, as it were.

Tinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 03:06:00 am »

I'm interested, although I am fairly new to the game (been playing for a couple weeks).

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »

You'd have an IRL two-week time limit to post the diary, by the way, before being 'Posessed by unknown forces', as it were.

Ganndd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »

I'm interested.
Sign me up as a Marksdwarf/Animal Trainer.
rossbows and pet eagles for all!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »

I'm interested. Sign me up as an herbalist, please.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »

Mason and mechanic!

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 12:33:00 am »

A piece of paper sits in a dwarf's drawer, collecting dust, it's handwriting neat and done with care, filed away in a folder made of thin stone.

Name: Flok Speargrabber
Profession: Miner
Why should he lead?:
Conservative, farmer, builder
Why shouldn't he?:
Too scared to fight or produce items of war, upset over even a small amount of death or loss, early signs of cracking
Skills:
Appraiser
Miner
Negotiator
Liar
Metalworker

Family: No wife or kids
Habits: Stammer, exceedingly shy and withdrawn, communication difficult
Proposed plan for new outpost:
-Dig out special areas, 3x3 for the building with a decently sized zone next to it, centered around a central staircase
-Create a 'residential floor' on the bottom-most layer of penetrable rock
-Ignore military
-Ignore hunting
-Ignore traps
-Create individual housing
-Communistic society: Everyone has all jobs, leading to a possible production boost at the expense of quality of goods

Approved for foundation of (name is smeared)?: YES

[ November 14, 2007: Message edited by: Flok Speargrabber ]

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 12:41:00 am »

Oh, hey, we're going to need a way we can all chat with each other quickly. The forums will be used to post the LONG THINGS, while the chat would be to do the vote, decide the location, small things.

Tinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 02:44:00 am »

Oh yeah, professions :P I'd like to be a Carpenter/Building Designer.

I don't know how many points I have to spend but if there are any extra assign a war dog to me and give me any skills that would also be useful.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 08:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Flok Speargrabber:
<STRONG>Oh, hey, we're going to need a way we can all chat with each other quickly. The forums will be used to post the LONG THINGS, while the chat would be to do the vote, decide the location, small things.</STRONG>

Oh gosh.  Good luck getting everybody to the chat at the same time.  Trying to find a time everyone has free is probably going to be way harder than simply giving 48 hours for the vote and counting every absentee as an abstain vote.

Also, I think the most recent fortress ruler should break ties.

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 10:28:00 am »

We'll vote here, then.

So! For amusement purposes, we MUST have lava.
Trees would help.
No aquafiers.
Perhaps sinister/haunted territories?
Also, no too-hot territories, unless there's a river going through the zone... Well, perhaps not.

Tinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

I would like a challenging area so that plenty zany action can go wrong, but a water source and valuable minerals are all that matter to me.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »

Yeah, I'll do farming too.

And I'd rather not have a map with magma. It's an FPS killer. Ditto with too much water (meaning don't start on a delta). As for creatures, yeah, sure. Bring'em on. And lots of plants, please.

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: [1] 2