Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29550 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #465 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:42 pm »

They come at last to the edge of the stone forest, finding a squat ruined building of some kind amidst fallen rock pillars. "Okay, maybe we can find some way to hide-"

"Warning: new signatures detected!"

Five of the tank things rise up into the air from behind the building. Enemy units must have lowered their shields to avoid scanner detection notes Espada. Titus' battlescanner shows the other contacts quickly closing in behind.

"...do you think they'll respond to a hostage situation?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:14 pm »

"No. I do not think they will based on observed tendencies. I can shunt them half a light second away but that will render me temporaraly comatose and would not be healthy."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:18:35 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:20 pm »

"...and then the reinforcements would kill us."

Resalth looks distracted. Avi and No can probably guess why. An unearthly song fills their ears.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 12, 2017, 01:26:54 pm »

"Music. Yes, I'm hearing it. Now, since it's not hurting us, can we please focus on the more immediate threat?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 12, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »

The three signatures in pursuit catch up, and the group finds themselves surrounded by five from the front and three from behind, though the three seem to be remaining a bit distant and out of sight, in position to intercept movements in that direction. In unison, they raise their gunstalks towards the group. Then, suddenly, their attention seems diverted.

"THE OPPOSITION IS DETECTED! PREPA-"

The music reached a crescendo as the mechanoid was interrupted. At blinding speed, it seemed a warrior on horseback leaped into the air and impaled the flying enemy with a silvery lance, smiting it from the air before alighting on the ground and galloping forth. Astonishingly for the two cyborgs, they only detected its presence when it came into the FOV of their actual facial eyes.

Two more warriors emerged from rocky cover, on foot and armed with sword and shield. "ALERT! ENGAGE DISRUPTION! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" The warriors each charged towards a foe, blocking the incoming fire of their chosen targets with their shields. However, a third mechanoid also opened fire, catching one of the warriors from the side. With a melodious shriek, it glows and then dissipates into tendrils of glowing light. The other warrior is undaunted, though, and leaps up to strike down his chosen quarry, and the cavalry rounds again and strikes down the killer mech. Long, silvery arrows appear through two more of the mechs briefly, before they explode. With just four of them left now, and more of the mysterious soldiers appearing, the mechs are now outnumbered and quickly lose two more.

Two more shrieks and bursts of light accompany beam fire, but with absurd swordsmanship, two more wrecks are thrown to the ground. All of this occurred in under three seconds, and now surrounded by 6 more stationary warriors, the group can examine them better. They are very tall, comparable to Titus and Resalth, though more slender. In shape and features they are almost human, save for long, pointed ears, though even now their mannerisms seem decidedly uncanny. Everything about them is pale, from their skin to their clothes to their curiously archaic-looking gear (rather elaborate-looking arms and armor bearing complex floral designs), and seemingly lit be a bright moonlight. In fact, the magic users feel a rather stifling amount of moonlight in the area, in addition to the wails of the song. Espada and Koi still seem able only to detect these newcomers with the unaugmented portions of their senses.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 04:13:54 pm by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2017, 04:12:15 pm »

"Potential Unknown Cognitohazard Detected. Perception based. Be wary."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »

Rajita can only stare in shock, blinking at what has happened before her own eyes.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2017, 09:13:15 pm »

The soldiers look the group up and down with unblinking eyes, tilting their heads occasionally in a slightly birdlike manner. One of them speaks. "It appears we have happened upon some mendicant creatures while rousting the challengers."
"Are they pretty little things? Why would the challengers be playing with them?"
"The challengers are such dull creatures. They would only want to play with duller, littler things."

"Potential Unknown Cognitohazard Detected. Perception based. Be wary."
One of the archers pokes at Koi with one end of a greatbow, staring down its nose. "Dull little things indeed. Wheels and wheels. How very dull."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:40 pm »

"There are a total of zero wheels in my current chassis. I do not currently have the material reserves to produce wheels nor do I have the desire to."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 12, 2017, 10:53:19 pm »

"...I feel like my mom would be recognizing everything and squeeing.  Alternatively, recognizing everything and running away.  May we ask who you are?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:10:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 12, 2017, 11:23:38 pm »

"Yes, ever so dull..."

"...I feel like my mom would be recognizing everything and squeeing.  Alternatively, recognizing everything and running away.  May we ask who you are?"
"This one has some sparkle, though. Perhaps we can take it apart and see how pretty these are on the inside?"

The one on the horse closes in. "Be courteous. Do you not smell royalty here?" She makes eye contact with Rajita and bows her head. The others follow suit and curtsy.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 12, 2017, 11:51:14 pm »

Avi quirks an eyebrow curiously.

"I would prefer you not dismember me."

Avi casts a glance at the Traveller.  It says something along the lines of 'If you know what we're dealing with I suggest you speak up now.'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2017, 12:17:47 am »

Titus crosses his arms and looks at the one on the horse. "Nine Hells, I'd hoped I wouldn't have to deal with elves again."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2017, 12:37:01 am »

Rajita looks a bit shocked by the woman's remark about royalty, but she then quickly curtsies towards the warriors. "Well, yes, I am royalty. I am Princess Rajita of the Chera Kingdom. It's great to meet you." Inwardly, she grumbles about the formalities, but she keeps a pursed smile on her face.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:39:18 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:54 am »

Avi quirks an eyebrow curiously.

"I would prefer you not dismember me."

Avi casts a glance at the Traveller.  It says something along the lines of 'If you know what we're dealing with I suggest you speak up now.'.
He returns a glance as if to say "sorry." He silently nudges No and Resalth, who both stand near him.

"Unmistakably, they are some high form of Fey beings. I must admit I am somewhat insulted that they do not seem to be referring to me."

"How boringly predictable. A wyrm that thinks itself royal. It is not such a great one of its kind as that. What a silly, silly lizard."

Titus crosses his arms and looks at the one on the horse. "Nine Hells, I'd hoped I wouldn't have to deal with elves again."
Resalth, very subtly, nods. "There is something unfortunately familiar here. Though at least back home there was respect between one ancient and venerable culture and another."

Rajita looks a bit shocked by the woman's remark about royalty, but she then quickly curtsies towards the warriors. "Well, yes, I am royalty. I am Princess Rajita of the Chera Kingdom. It's great to meet you." Inwardly, she grumbles about the formalities, but she keeps a pursed smile on her face.

The one atop the horse bows her head again. "We are charmed. And as you are indeed royalty, allow me to extend an invitation towards you and your entourage, to the court of our Fair Queen Herself. She would be most gracious to receive you."
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35