Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29580 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2017, 01:11:04 pm »

"Well, there's an idea. But... yes. If I used the curse on my hand as a sacrifice, I would lose the hand when the ritual is completed or when it would otherwise burn to prevent ritual failure. If you have painkillers and a prothetic, I'm willing to go for it."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »

"I wonder if you could curse a curse."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2017, 01:18:33 pm »

"Both Espada and I assuming sufficient time and materials are capable of producing functional and frankly superior prosthetic limbs when compared to your current limbs. Installation would be considered crude by modern standards due to the lack of Mediform strain speccing and the lack of proper facilities. Summary: Doable, however we lack materials and infrastructure. If we had oh, I don't know. Parked on an asteroid for a few weeks like I had suggested, none of that would be an issue. Hint Hint Traveler."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2017, 01:25:46 pm »

"It'd've had space worms, Koi."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2017, 01:29:00 pm »

"Spaceworms are a valid source of materials. Especially ones that survive by consuming metals within asteroids. However if safety is a concern for the Baselines, we can simply park on a Different asteroid. Seeing as how there are uncounted quantities of them in even a moderately sized single reality."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:07 pm »

"I wonder if you could curse a curse."

No pauses, then grins.
"That is horribly broken. Which is to say it's a good idea. Curse somebody with withering, but curse the curse to instead do the opposite of what was intended... it'd take more time and essences to do, but it's certainly a wonderful idea. Not helpful right now, though. Unless you have any ideas?"

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2017, 01:43:51 pm »

"Well if you curse yourself with cursed withering and lose your cursed hand as part of the spell..."
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

"Probably better to curse a curse of being unable to regain limbs in any manner. But yes, I could regrow my hand using that method."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2017, 02:13:28 pm »

"So, er, how would you neutralize the nanites as quickly as possible?"

SHARP CONCERN: Nanosignatures detected in Koi. Floods of diagnostic requests.
Espada's vocals seem to have locked up trying to draw attention to this.

"Uh.. uh..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2017, 02:32:09 pm »

"Internal Replicator Infection detected. Engaging diagnostics. Estimated Downtime Unknown." Transferring internal control of Unit RP-Ca!Pilot-Koi 64.21 to Unit Espada 49w.4-ЯФ Reason(s) cited: Unidentified internal Replicator Threat. Self-Motor Potential Impairment. Notes: Confirmed Airborn. Estimated Threat Level Local-Regional, Class2.3-Class3.7

Koi promptly plops down and shuts off the majority of his exterior sensory capability and redirects the majority of his processing capacity towards identifying and countering the nanos. Starting with Nervous System, Immunization Organ, and Nanofac locals.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2017, 03:02:50 pm »

"How about we give the corpses some more space? Because clearly what we have isn't enough."

No backs away from the corpses, making essences as he goes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2017, 03:22:13 pm »

"Internal Replicator Infection detected. Engaging diagnostics. Estimated Downtime Unknown." Transferring internal control of Unit RP-Ca!Pilot-Koi 64.21 to Unit Espada 49w.4-ЯФ Reason(s) cited: Unidentified internal Replicator Threat. Self-Motor Potential Impairment. Notes: Confirmed Airborn. Estimated Threat Level Local-Regional, Class2.3-Class3.7

Koi promptly plops down and shuts off the majority of his exterior sensory capability and redirects the majority of his processing capacity towards identifying and countering the nanos. Starting with Nervous System, Immunization Organ, and Nanofac locals.

Espada accepts the strain of coordinating your functions. Alarmingly, the nanites seem to recognize that they've been detected. Their approach instantly becomes much more aggressive. Despite Espada shutting down circulatory and lymphatic functions, the nanites seem to be inflitrating through your tissues rapidly. They begin subverting the passive nanoagents in your body, which are unprepared for these particular intruders, but your nanofactors are able to deploy decoys to slow their advance. However, the intrusion responds by assaulting the nanofactors, keeping them busy spitting out defenders to prevent themselves from being overtaken. Immunofactors seem unable to capture samples of the enemy nanites for analysis as they seem to pack an absurd destructive capability for their size. However, indirect analysis shows that they must be coordinating through some unknown means, and that altogether they broadcast a more conventional signal elsewhere. Internal scanning shows them to be very small, even for nanites, but the capabilities shown at their size indicates a very sophisticated construction. Something becomes almost coherent in their broadcast, almost like they're reporting to somewhere about your internal defens-

Espada looks rather strained. "DO SOMETHING!"

"Right!" Resalth waves his hands over the unconscious Koi, and a number of glyphs appear over him and sink into his body. Espada spasms suddenly and falls over rubbing their head and wincing, somehow managing not to drop Jaden.

RAPID REBOOT... All signs of infection gone. Own subverted nanites also appear to have disappeared, leaving usual passive compliment of bodily nanos diminished. Scanning for confirmation. Redundant checks complete. Begin remote return of executive functions... "Ow... This strain is very nasty. Yes, let's get FAR away from the corpses. And neutralize the nanites as quickly as possible. I can now confirm that these things could rapidly overwhelm most of you if they so desired." They go over to Koi and tries to drag him with their free hand, but find Koi too heavy. "Help."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2017, 03:44:09 pm »

-Reactivation of internal functions underway. ETA 33.45 seconds.
-Internal Consciousness ETA: 45.72 seconds.
-System Suggestion: Observe sensor data of hostile Replicator nanos for development of potential counters.
-System Recommendation: Indefinite Internal Class 3 Biophage/Replicator High Alert for all local Units until vacation of local region.
-System Suggestion: Extrapolate and identify source of Replicator's Directing Consciousness based on sensor data. Demonstrated capabilities inconsistent with mindless nanos. Directing Consciousness likely. No direct connection noted, transmission connection likely.
-System Recommendation: Alert local and regional Purge Doctrine Adherents to Class Three Threat.
-System Suggestion: Identify Directing Consciousness's transmission wavelength and jam it via flooding local transmission wavelengths.
-System Recommendation: Evacuate planetary Baseline Population. Regional grade threat problematic.
-System Recommendation: Arm local Failsafes.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »

Titus walks over to Koi and heaves him over his shoulder. "I have him." He moves away from the bodies. "Can anyone check to see if I have any nanites on me?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:31 pm »

"Uh... yes. They seem to be confined to your surface layer, but-"

"Shields restored."

"Huh. It looks like your shields cycling destroyed them. Are they magical? Or just tech? A mix?"

-System Recommendation: Replenish materials as soon as feasible. Ensure uncontaminated status before ingestion.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35