Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29596 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2017, 01:13:02 am »

As their left hands finish reforming, the not-so-unarmed soldiers raise their tube-hands towards the group as they run between cover, closing the distance. Twang! a volley of blueish-white bolts of energy fly towards the group, rather inaccurately as these are strafing shots, but one of them strikes the Traveler

"Oh sh-HRK!" He goes rigid and flops on the ground.

Espada catches the rifle and fires at the dashing soldiers, managing to wing one of them just before he reaches the next rock, but the hit isn't enough to bring him down. "They're going to be dangerously close in a moment." Warning: energy weapons seem to be non-lethal but sufficiently energetic to stun KX-9, possibly paralyze if multiple hits are sustained.

Resalth, seeking better cover while still clutching his arm wound, speaks up. "Close, eh? Titus, is that by any chance a full-capability Centurion blade on your hip?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2017, 01:40:56 am »

Titus pauses for a moment. He hadn't considered using his blade due to the damage to his armor, but those soldiers were getting too close and, even worse, it seemed the Traveler might be injured or dead.

"Yes."  He hopes his shields and armor can handle the small arms fire as he draws his sword and ignites it in one motion. Abandoning his cover, he sprints to the group of soldiers prepared to deflect any oncoming energy balls and engages them in melee combat. 

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2017, 02:04:07 am »

The soldiers that moved to flank haven't brought any of the rifles, and Titus' shields easily soak the next volley of energy weapon fire. The ones bearing the 9mm sidearms are similarly ineffective. Titus reaches the enemy and in two seconds cuts down the five altered soldiers with the charged plasma on his blade. The three shotgunners catch him at once, though, and their simultaneous blasts break his shield and stagger him backwards. However, before they can even pump their guns again, Titus cuts them down.

However, one of the two remaining nearby soldiers pulls out a grenade and presses the switch.

The group hears the charging whine of another energy ball about to fire: it seems the remaining distant soldier has recovered.

"Ughhh.... Mnhhon't get hit by th..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2017, 02:12:32 am »

Avi was supposed to have exploded the other gunpowder-based weaponry?

But either way, she tries to destabilize the energy ball in the weapon by pumping it with the kinetic energy from the grenade.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2017, 08:55:08 am »

"Bloody dangerous..."

If Avi doesn't deal with the grenade and energy ball gun, No closes his eyes and invokes Greater Blood Magic, gaining additional potency and competency for his spell at the cost of inflicting a wound on him related to his affinity, then curses the grenade so that it gets in the way of the energy ball in mid-air after being thrown.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »

Avi was supposed to have exploded the other gunpowder-based weaponry?

But either way, she tries to destabilize the energy ball in the weapon by pumping it with the kinetic energy from the grenade.

Unfortunately, it seems that soldier isn't going to throw the grenade...

"Bloody dangerous..."

If Avi doesn't deal with the grenade and energy ball gun, No closes his eyes and invokes Greater Blood Magic, gaining additional potency and competency for his spell at the cost of inflicting a wound on him related to his affinity, then curses the grenade so that it gets in the way of the energy ball in mid-air after being thrown.

You see the events unfold in slow-motion as a cut appears on your hand. The soldier punches the grenade towards Titus in a wide arc. The incoming energy ball strikes the grenade from his hand, sending it flying dozens of feet away. The ball continues, slightly deflected, until it strikes the other soldier and rebounds again to hit the attempted suicide bomber, disintegrating both of them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2017, 08:12:41 pm »

"Well that worked. Agh. Agggh. Could be worse, though. Only a cut?... must be cursed."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2017, 08:17:27 pm »

"Most impressive. Elegant, even."

"Welp. That just happened. Uh, that seems to be all of them, so I say we double-tap in case they try to get up again or we get the hell away from here. Also, may I see that cut?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2017, 08:19:41 pm »

"Go ahead. Do be careful, though. Not all cursed wounds only affect the wounded."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2017, 08:26:09 pm »

"Hmm." The Traveler removes a penlight from his jacket, and sticks the lit end under No's palm, looking at the red glow on the other side of his hand. "It's deeper than it looks, but extremely sharp. The full extent of the damage might not become apparent until you move your hand around a bit. I suspect one of the tendons might be cut. Anyone here able to fix that?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2017, 10:04:04 pm »

Rajita continues to hide, quietly chanting a mantra.

"May Lord Vishnu protect us..."

Ain't nobody got time for that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 03, 2017, 10:32:46 pm »

Rajita continues to hide, quietly chanting a mantra.

"May Lord Vishnu protect us..."

Espada finds you. "Hey, I think they're all gone now. You alright?"

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 03, 2017, 11:05:24 pm »

Titus extinguishes his sword and stabs it into the ground to let it cool. "I'll start gathering weapons and ammunition." He collects everything he can find into organized piles. 

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2017, 02:23:45 am »

Time to scan the bodies, are the nanos still active?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:59 am »

Titus extinguishes his sword and stabs it into the ground to let it cool. "I'll start gathering weapons and ammunition." He collects everything he can find into organized piles.

Looks like there's a total of 5 of the strange rifles (including those held by the group) in working condition, a small pile of magazines and energy ball capsules for them, 2 of the ballistic SMGs (and a pile of mags for those), 8 of the 9mm sidearms, and the 3 12-gauge combat shotguns, which have over-under barrels and can fit 6 shells in the tube. For those, 2 boxes of shells are found.

Time to scan the bodies, are the nanos still active?

They are, though there seems to be a lower concentration of them in the bodies, so any reconstruction or reactivation should take quite a while. But then you notice that nanosignitures seem to be entering the airstream from the wounds, and it's difficult to track them outside the bodies.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35