Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29595 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:02 am »

"Ffreeze!"

Avi pulls the same kinetic sapping trick she did to make the slowfall in a shell around the hostiles, sapping motion from any projectiles they might fire and trapping them within.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:19:14 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:33 am »

"No to the first, maybe to the second?"

No fires off his first spell, aiming to curse at least some of the rifles to fire backwards instead of forwards.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2017, 02:33:58 pm »

Every one of the soldiers now seems to have the blue-light-tipped protrusions poking out of their masks, as if forced out through from within their skulls.

Suggestion: Falling back and locating cover may be ideal. Insufficient fire projection available, insufficient material reserves to permit conflict with unknown weapon wielding targets, no amp available, Possible contact based Replicator Plague discourages melee.

Koi begins moving away from the group, headed towards anything that could be feasibly used as cover.
Everyone aside from Titus seems to have already taken cover behind nearby rocks.

"Ffreeze!"

Avi pulls the same kinetic sapping trick she did to make the slowfall in a shell around the hostiles, sapping motion from any projectiles they might fire and trapping them within.

Taking a moment to glance at the enemy, your magic instinctively focuses upon whoever looks to be the most pressing threat. One of the soldiers, raising a rifle towards Titus, slows until its movements look like a replay on a nature documentary.

"No to the first, maybe to the second?"

No fires off his first spell, aiming to curse at least some of the rifles to fire backwards instead of forwards.

Two of the enemy rifle-bearers fly backwards as their weapons explode in a bizarre burst of black-and-white energy, their bodies slumping broken against the ground. However, the three remaining (not including the one Avi slowed) open fire at Titus. The dozen or so armed with SMGs do as well

The other dozen or so unarmed soldiers retreat to cover on the other side of the clearing from the group, some of them removing sidearms or shotguns from their packs as they do so.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:37:05 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2017, 07:37:19 pm »

Rajita continues to hide, looking for any way to really be of assistance.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »

If and when Titus gets behind cover, start heating the guns until they either drop the guns or the ammo cooks off.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:24 pm »

Koi sorta just. Picks up a rock amd throws it rather hard at a soldier.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2017, 02:50:33 am »

Titus breaks for cover as soon as he spots a chance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:52:41 am by armach »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2017, 10:46:42 pm »

Titus breaks for cover as soon as he spots a chance.

One of the soldier's rifles emits a high-pitched, increasing whine and a flash of light, and a ball of energy flies out of the lower prong and strikes Titus, propelling him backwards. "Armor integrity compromised. Abatement charms initiated: seek cover" Titus doesn't even need to hear this rolls behind the nearest rock even as the words sound in his helmet.

The others can hear the orbb bouncing back and forth off the rocks at an alarming speed until it strikes a haphazard soldier who hadn't made it into cover yet, shattering him into a burst of black and white particles.

If and when Titus gets behind cover, start heating the guns until they either drop the guns or the ammo cooks off.

Either you can't seem to get the guns hot enough in this circumstances, or the soldiers don't seem to care if their hands burn. You manage to cook the ammo in a couple of the ballistic guns, though, shattering them in their wielder's hands.

Koi sorta just. Picks up a rock amd throws it rather hard at a soldier.

You manage to strike one in the sternum as he pops out of cover to fire, and he crumples to the ground.

Something begins to click with increasing frequency, and a number of can-shaped objects with red lights on top come flying through the air. "Grenades!"

Rajita continues to hide, looking for any way to really be of assistance.

Wait, hadn't you manged to get some of those "grenades" from the soldiers while they were still dead?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2017, 11:02:38 pm »

Eep!  Bat the grenades away with magic!
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2017, 03:46:59 am »

Titus winces as he leans on the rock and activates his wrist computer. "Damage report!"

He rests his rifle on the rock and continues firing at the soldiers and notices some of their rifles shatter. "Nice work on those rifles! Keep up the pressure!"

He notes the grenades but trusts the mages to deal with those.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2017, 04:43:36 am »

Eep!  Bat the grenades away with magic!

It's easy enough to deflect the grenades, five of them thrown at once in a fortunate lack of tactical insight from the enemy. One of them actually sails back over the rock and lands amidst the enemies taking cover there. Two you are unable to deflect, though.

Espada catches one and tosses it back blindly, not managing to land it near anyone. It explodes harmlessly. Another lands at Resalth's feet. "Nine Hells!" He makes a hurried gesture and glyphs forming a spinning ring appear around the grenade. The glyphs slow to a halt, and the grenade's ticking distorts, slows, and stops along with them, and the glyphs vanish. "What a shame, one of my best emergency spells."

Titus winces as he leans on the rock and activates his wrist computer. "Damage report!"

He rests his rifle on the rock and continues firing at the soldiers and notices some of their rifles shatter. "Nice work on those rifles! Keep up the pressure!"

He notes the grenades but trusts the mages to deal with those.

"Moderate fracture to forward armor plating element. Moderate misalignment of crystaline array detected... attempting thaumic realignment."

The soldiers seem to have hunkered down behind the rocks on the opposite end of the clearing, mostly popping out to lay down suppressing fire. However, their grenades could still be trouble, as could those energy balls if they got a good angle to rebound them from. Wait... didn't these rifles have two triggers?

You manage to take out two of the riflemen, but it's hard to get a clean shot on the others as they pop out to fire. Worse, your sensors indicate that most of their remaining number seem to be moving around rocks outside the group's LOS to attempt a flanking maneuver. As No's spell builds in power, though, two more of them are taken out when their weapons backfire and explode.

Your HUD readout shows 12 remaining hostiles. At your best guess, that's 2 with the rifles, 3 with shotguns, 2 with handguns or SMGs, and 5 unarmed (aside from potential grenades). Wait, why would the unarmed be moving to flank?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2017, 11:13:57 am »

...If the unarmed enemies have grenades, light 'em up.  Otherwise, cook off the ammo of the ballistic guns if possible.
Sigtext

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:26 pm »

Titus frowns at the report but after taking a look around and seeing that everyone else made it to cover he brings his focus back to the firefight.

"They're trying to flank!" He gestures in the direction of the moving targets. "Move if you have to, I'll suppress the ones on this side! Don't let those unarmed ones get too close!"

He then locates the second trigger on the rifle and tries to bank an energy ball at the soldiers behind cover and focus on suppressing the rest.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2017, 12:05:38 am »

"That's not good."

"Why would the unarmed ones be moving to flank our position? Unless..."

The other soldiers came into view, moving between rocks towards a flanking position. Their left hands seemed to be crumpling and shifting into metal tubes. "I see, the machine spores at work."

"You were thinking they were gonna suicide charge us with grenades, weren't you?"

"Someone pass me a weapon please!"

He then locates the second trigger on the rifle and tries to bank an energy ball at the soldiers behind cover and focus on suppressing the rest.

With some quick calculations, you fire at a rock behind where the enemy is taking cover so as to rebound the ball into their backs. The alt-fire has quite a bit more kick than you expected, but nothing you can't handle: the ball strikes one of the suppressing soldier's instantly and after rebounding rapidly between the two rocks hits another before escaping upwards. The remaining soldier in that direction hit the ground to avoid this, and so for the moment his suppression is broken.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2017, 12:52:47 am »

"There are some rifles near me!" He throws his rifle towards Espada and some of those black and orange ampules. "Cover me and I'll grab them! I think you can reload it by fitting the cylinders into the slot on the lower end of the rifle!" Titus gets ready to sprint and grab some rifles and ammunition. "I'm ready when you are!"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35