Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29606 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:55 pm »

Koi simply walks over begins prying the armor off of one, focusing on the burn location.

"And why do you believe such? Can you give an actual argument against it? Simply saying 'because' is not a reason."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »

"This coming from the being who wanted to school the godchild on consent. Think about it."

Upon removing the torso padding on the nearest soldier, Koi finds what looks like a human underneath, though the flesh was completely pale. Also, the abdomen seems to have been replaced with a mechanical interface of some kind with two large ports, presumably either for linking with armor systems or transfering fluids or energy. Corresponding to the burn mark on the armor, there's a discolored circle on the chest where the skin seems to have bubbled.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »

Slice open the wound with a claw. Lets see what the internal damages are.

"There is a difference between consenting to being permanently subsumed without any form of groupthink based support network and consenting to being part of a non subsumption based groupthink based support network."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2017, 07:36:08 pm »

Slice open the wound with a claw. Lets see what the internal damages are.

"There is a difference between consenting to being permanently subsumed without any form of groupthink based support network and consenting to being part of a non subsumption based groupthink based support network."
"Uh huh. And the keyword there is consent. And I think Avi was referring to peeking at people's thoughts without their consent."

Before you begin autopsy, Espada decides to do a preliminary sensor scan of the now unshieled cadaver. Curiously, there seem to be signs of activity within the body, almost as if-

< #REFLEXIVE RESPONSE#
Unknown nanites detected in scan area. Appear to be rapid-acting: threat level spiking
#Maintain distance# >

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2017, 07:43:13 pm »

"If your thoughts are visible to the groupthink then that is entirely on you for uploading them. If you didn't wanna share em then you shouldn't have made the conscious and informed decision to offload em to the Mem."

Koi jumps backwards and begins shedding any surface tissue that made contact.

"Potential Replicator Hazard Detected. Do not touch the bodies until further notice."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »

"Noted. Good thing you didn't chow down."

No takes some extra distance between him and the corpses.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »

"Hey, don't worry, I know a little trick when it comes to these grey goo-"

The corpse began to convulse, and then a crack appeared on the forehead of the soldier's mask. Something emitting a blue light pushes out, and the soldier moves to climb to its feet.

"Although it's not very effective against that."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:27 pm »

"No. Stay down."

No begins channeling power for a spell, while making strides away from the soldiers.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2017, 09:32:15 pm »

"Yes, yes," he says, backing towards cover. Espada scoops up Jaden and also runs for cover.

The other bodies begin to twitch, and cracking sounds can be heard. Those near weapons reach for them while the rest just climb to their feet.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2017, 10:01:55 pm »

"Probably best to assume they're hostile. Really should have made more essences."

No's eyes begin to glow as his spell builds in power, being fed by a few essences.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2017, 10:22:03 pm »

Titus levels his rifle and fires at the nearest one while moving away from the group.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:54 pm »

Titus levels his rifle and fires at the nearest one while moving away from the group.
The gun fires a burst of three, projectiles appearing pure black wreathed in an envelope of white flying forth. They strike the thing square in its bare chest, three tiny holes appear and three gouts of viscera spray from its back. It drops, emitting a modulated scream.

"Machine spores? I know how to deal with such abominations." Resalth opens his mouth wide and breathes fire upon the next nearest soldier, who had raised an SMG to firing position. It managed to fire two shots, one striking the dragonman in the arm, but he maintains the stream. After a few seconds, the flaming soldier collapses backwards into a pile of smouldering coals. Resalth then dives for cover, nursing his arm.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2017, 11:24:53 pm »

Titus aims and fires on the last one.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2017, 12:12:08 am »

The next one, being fully dressed in its battle gear, withstands a 3-round burst, but another shot brings it down. The Traveler sees this time as Titus fires the weapon. "Oh hey, dark energy gravity propulsion. Haven't seen that in a while."

The other soldiers have climbed to their feet by now and those with weapons all take aim at Titus, the most apparent target out of cover. Most of them hold the ballistic submachine guns, which pose no threat to Titus' armor, but some hold the rifles of still unknown capability.

Resalth hisses, clenching his wound with one hand. The blood that comes out sizzles as it hits the ground. "These odds are not good. They have greater numbers and possibly fire superiority. Avi, No, are either of you trained in squad support or tactical thaumaturgy?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2017, 07:30:37 am »

Suggestion: Falling back and locating cover may be ideal. Insufficient fire projection available, insufficient material reserves to permit conflict with unknown weapon wielding targets, no amp available, Possible contact based Replicator Plague discourages melee.

Koi begins moving away from the group, headed towards anything that could be feasibly used as cover.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35