Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)  (Read 29614 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - Love and War (Adventure #4)
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:29 am »

Signs of magic?

Avi looks sick.
The aether is still saturated with purple, but you can also detect hints of... something else.

"You alright there?"

I do believe we have found replacement clothes and materials for you Espada. Said clothes may require a few tweaks but they should be sufficient."

Koi picks up one of the pronged guns and investigates it in detail.

Espada thinks the equipment of the soldiers looks a bit heavy and restrictive for their tastes, even if it seems to be mostly fabric.

As Koi reaches for the rifle, Resalth holds up a hand. "Careful. We don't know what we're dealing with. Their gear may be booby-trapped."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2017, 03:12:45 am »

Koi recommends cutting off unwanted bits and keeping the armored bits.

"Worst case scenario I am forced to regrow a hand. There are sufficient materials present to do that in short order. The weapon does not appear to have a sufficient electromagnetic signature to have anything stronger of an output. Also boobytrapping one's own weaponry is silly. That can be used against your own forces. It is better to simply have implant based IFF."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2017, 03:43:09 am »

"No; I fear the traps set by whomever slew them. You have not seen what I have seen. The enemy posing our dead, or their own, with runes of death or immolation waiting for those who attempted to recover them. Necromantic implosion-triggers, jury-rigged mummy curses, or even simple high-plasma explosives concealed in the chest cavity... never underestimate the wily insurgent." He makes another rapid and complex gesture, and another glyph appears in the air for a split-second. "Though for now, we can at least rule out anything magically triggered."

Espada notes that, after having a full minute to scan the strange gun, they note it shows odd levels of potential muon decay emissions, which are difficult to detect with a quick scan. Indeed, paying closer attention with your highly space-sensitive brain, the rifles seem to have very subtle, very faint gravitational distortions about them, suggesting the presence of an exotic form of matter somewhere within. You could probably be a bit more sure of the details if you could hold one.

"We're not picking up any kind of EM-based trigger mechanisms. I guess there could be a quantum or psionic mechanism but that seems like overkill for a booby-trap."

"Or, y'know, a tripwire is good too."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2017, 04:08:54 am »

Fairly certain the weaponry contains exotic materials necessary for production of a semistable amp. Also, I believe the fact that the group is hyperfocusing on the idea that someone went out of their way to booby trap literally every gun is quite silly.

Koi pokes the gun. Making sure the barrel is facing away from him.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2017, 02:00:37 pm »

"But without any fancy spells or scans, just take a look at the ground. It doesn't look like the bodies were dragged or moved after they fell, and there don't seem to be any tracks near them. I think we're good."

Resalth didn't look happy, but seemed to be somewhat relieved. "Hmm. Titus, do these remind you of those gnomish weapons?"

Espada notes that it may be prudent to also keep one for use as a weapon, given the certainly dangerous locale.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »

Koi agrees and inquires if Espada ever recieved firearms training.

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2017, 02:15:57 pm »

"Similar enough." Titus picks a rifle up and examines it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2017, 03:11:00 pm »

"Similar enough." Titus picks a rifle up and examines it.
It's a bit heavier than a ballistic firearm would be. The two-pronged design suggests either a railgun or two different barrels. Given that the gun seems to have two triggers, perhaps the latter. There's a big J-shaped box wrapped around the barrels, which your intuition tells you is probably the magazine. It also wraps around the top barrel to form some kind of sight. The aesthetics are very strange to you but from the proportions it seems to be designed for human use.

"Though I doubt these fire either magic or alchemy"

"Say, those of us without weapons may want to grab one." The Traveler picks up a rifle and stuffs it in his duffel bag. "Of course, I always like to appear unarmed. Hey Rajita, you ever seen a firelance? Or used a crossbow?"

Koi agrees and inquires if Espada ever recieved firearms training.
Espada has not, but notes that their mechanical limbs are suited for downloading muscle memory from others.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2017, 03:15:16 pm »

Signs of magic?

Avi looks sick.
The aether is still saturated with purple, but you can also detect hints of... something else.

"You alright there?"
"I was not expecting corpses.

There's some strange magic here..."

Focus on the strange magic, ignore the purple...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2017, 03:18:14 pm »

"I've never had firearms training. Maybe I ought to rectify that. There is no shame in a mage using what tools he has available."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »

"I've never had firearms training. Maybe I ought to rectify that. There is no shame in a mage using what tools he has available."

"Indeed, though I shall prefer my own magic. The available evidence suggests that these weapons were inadequate against whatever attacked their owners."

"You alright there?"
"I was not expecting corpses.

There's some strange magic here..."

Focus on the strange magic, ignore the purple...

"Yeah, it's pretty grim. Wait, what?"

The magic is very faint from here, as the source must be distant. It's still mostly overwhelmed by the DISTRESS emanating from the center. But you sense hints of... moonlight? starlight? dreams?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2017, 04:07:51 pm »

"Or they were surprised before they could use them.

Is there anyone else picking up hints of other things than distress in the ambient whathaveyou?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2017, 12:03:49 am »

"I have recieved training for small arms, primarily recoiless energy weaponry. By extension that means Espada has as well. I have not recieved training for presumably kinetic assault rifles or similar, however I can likely improvise to some capacity."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2017, 12:15:18 am »

"I've...shot crossbows before?  But that's about it..."
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2017, 01:14:40 pm »

"It's the same principle, just point-and-click. Except if it shoots something with mass, it'll kick back, so watch out for that."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35