Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Itemcorpse issues  (Read 809 times)

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Itemcorpse issues
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

yeah, I'm new to making my own abominations, figured I might as well, though I'm having a problem.

I for the life of me can't seem to manage to make my silk golem drop silk when it dies.  I'm trying itemcorpse, but I think I'm phrasing it wrong, anybody able to help me get it right?

Also I can't figure out why my spidergoats aren't making webs, I gave them webber and webimmune but they just sit there.

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: Spazz ]

The freedom to be completely insane.

I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)
-Moogie

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Itemcorpse issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 01:41:26 pm »

Heh, spidergoats making their webs now, I just guess I watched spidergoat never webs.  Once perfected I think I'll post up my creations, I've already watched a few things get devoured by the unholy hybrid of spider and goat.

Also, since they are predatory, I added thickweb, it's a must, otherwise anything bigger than vermin just destroys the web.

Still not figuring out how to make my silk golems drop silk, or function very well for that matter.  I'm ironing out the function, albeit slowly, though getting them to drop giant cave spider silk cloth when they die is still eluding me.

The Silk Golem is to be a creature larger than a human, that strangles opponents with silk limbs.  That said, the best I can do is make it wrestle, I'll see how tough I can make it in wrestling.  It's my intention to make it have no internal organs to pierce, which is easy to do, even for me.  I WANT to make the only effective way to kill it (in conventional combat that is) to be slashing damage, chopping it apart.  I'm looking into ways to make it shrug off blunt damage (while still taking full slashing damage), I'm not going to hold my breath.

If all goes well, mountains (at least evil ones) will have giant outdoor webs made by half mountain goat/half spiders, and silk golems will roam, tying up all manners of being in themselves, stangling them or ripping them apart.  BWAHAHA.

Now, I wonder what other weird dangerous creatures I can think up.
The freedom to be completely insane.

I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)
-Moogie

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:04:16 pm »

I want to see a banana-flesh golem :P

(A banana to anyone who knows where that comes from...)
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:41:38 pm »

I think the correct Itemcorpse tag is:

[ITEMCORPSE:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:SILK:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT]

The syntax should be correct, though I'm not entirely sure if it'll work.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.