Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings  (Read 7625 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
Re: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 09:00:56 pm »

Xeno laughed.

"It'd be more apt to say I'm hers, rather than she is mine."

"But to answer your question, yes she's mine."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2017, 09:04:59 pm »

Branwen raises an eyebrow.
"Ah, so she chose you. I see. There are similar cases of our companion animals choosing their partners in my tribe. I feel foolish for asking."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:02 pm »

Cydia startled at being addressed.

"Who, me? Oh, well, I've been about a bit."
She listened to their conversation, liftig up the visor of a sallett to reveal a pixie-like face.

"I've not seen many demihumans. Never seen a harpy at all. Are they all as brightly coloured as you?"

Tiorneskal had been referring to the woman in purple when he mentioned the 'warrior woman', so he was taken a bit off-guard by this armored human joining in.

"Well, the Swan breeds have brilliant white plumage and some, like the Lorikeet breed, have beautiful multicolored feathers. Only the royal family, such as myself, have these particular feathers, marked with Aeromeri's eyes watching over and protecting us."

Tio fully extended his right wing, fanning it out so the eyes near the bottom were visible. His feathers seemed to glow and brighten as the light caught them but SerCon is not even remotely a good enough mugger to show this and wouldn't be dragging everyone's internet down with gifs for his mugs anyway.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:15:57 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2017, 03:37:55 am »

Pretty.

The moth knight had to admit it was kind of impressive.

"So do you have castes based on feather colour? I didn't realise there were different kinds of harpy."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2017, 04:21:18 am »

"We do. The more we've received of Aeromeri's blessing, the higher a harpy stands in society. Of course there's nothing stopping the higher breeds from doing lowly work, but most do not."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2017, 05:06:41 am »

Cydia nodded.

"My people have something similiarly. I'm of the Knight caste, myself, as you might have been able to guess." She grinned briefly.

"So if you're a prince, though, where are your servants? Every noble has a retinue, in Anstante, and even we Knights normally have a bunch of the lower castes with us.."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2017, 05:28:37 am »

"Very few of my kind want to interact with humans; they're afraid. Even were it otherwise, contact is forbidden pending my return and report."

"Also I wanted to go alone, with no one else to prejudice my opinions and conversations. So far I would say it's working out well for me!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »

Cerin glanced at the group of people standing and sitting around him and sighed. He had been enjoying a relaxing time at the quiet fountain but now everyone was around. He glanced back at the Gates and frowned slightly.

"No one seems to be coming through. It's strange. Normally around this time, there are more people trying to go through than can easily fit through the Gates. And yet, now we have the few that have stepped through and no more... I don't think I've seen a merchant all day... You few who have come through the Gates. Were there any disturbances that you saw on your side? Did you see anyone around the Gates not going through, that sort of thing?"

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2017, 10:38:42 pm »

"Hmm, it does seem awfully dead for the time of day, not that I really have a concept what this place is usually like. I don't recall seeing anyone on Tangur's side of the gate. And believe me, if someone was there when I was, I'd have known." Xeno paused.

"You're not suggesting something's wrong with gates are you? Or that someone messed with them? Because I need them to be fine so that I can get back to Tangur."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2017, 10:46:09 pm »

"Nothing of note in Tangur. The mages supposed to be on duty were warming themselves in the guard house, that was the only real difference from normal." Burhardt side eyed Xeno. "I doubt there'd be many people interested in tampering with the gates after Cor."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2017, 10:46:26 pm »

"One of the human villages is near Ssistyl's gate, but I didn't see any approaching it. I assumed that was normal; is it not?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2017, 10:55:25 pm »

"I've been here for a few hours. Didn't see anyone come through before Burhardt. Haven't seen the place this empty pretty much ever."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:25 pm »

The cloaked woman, seemingly satisfied with the little talk she managed, began to keep her distance and slowly slip away. At least, until the talk around the plaza began over the Gates, stopping her in her tracks. Though the young man Cerin inquired those who had just recently passed through the gates, the woman remained silent, her expression reflecting just a little bit of concern.
: "Hmm..."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2017, 11:09:10 pm »

Xeno looked at Burhardt confusedly.

"Pardon me, but what what exactly happened to Cor? I heard we lost connection to it but nothing beyond that."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:10:59 pm by I_Like_Pi »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2017, 11:30:30 pm »

Burhardt folded his arms across his chest, staring at the only empty gate. "A while back, there was a virulent plague that overtook Cor. Nasty stuff according to rumor, but I never studied the specifics. Point is, it was bad enough that the Council deemed it both appropriate and necessary to collapse the gates. It hadn't been done before, and hasn't been done since. You see, the gates were built to exploit naturally occurring flows of magic. That's how we can move what has to be incredible distances in the blink of an eye. But when they shut the gates down, the stream that flowed between Hub and Cor was gone. They tried to reopen it, but without the stream, it was impossible. Conventional wisdom dictates that Cor, and everyone on it, was completely annihilated. You hear a lot of speculation when the subject comes up at the academy, at least if you're talking to people old enough. My preferred theory is that when the gates were closed at this end, it sort of snapped the magical stream, like a rope pulled tight. With no far exit, the raw energy would have probably destroyed the planet utterly."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13