Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings  (Read 7622 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2017, 04:19:38 pm »

Burhardt spun around and pointed at the nearer of the two newcomers, his still glowing hand humming through the air. "Don't try and run that shit by me you rejects! What were you doing away from your post? You're supposed to have eyes on the gates at all times, and reserve here in the guard station. Explain why they were empty, or I will personally see you both flogged." Burhardt's eyes flicked over the two men. Their uniforms weren't sized properly. Something about that worried him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2017, 04:21:52 pm »

All of this about Cor and the Gates exploding was over Tio's head, in addition to being extremely troublesome ideas. He didn't know how the gates were supposed to look or how many people were supposed to be guarding them. After a moment he followed Lukas over and looked at the gates too, though he didn't think he would figure much out.

"...Can you see anything wrong with them?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2017, 04:25:13 pm »

The man with the tome sneered at Burhardt.

"So what? No one is around right now anyways and nothing is going to happen. Besides, who are you to tell us what to do? Some Pupil who thinks he's caught someone? Like hell anyone would listen to you over us. So now what?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2017, 04:29:24 pm »

Branwen does her best to make herself look as imperious and intimidating as possible, given her height and her deep voice.
"You must be the most incompetent imposters in the world if storming around in ill-fitting clothes like children playing at being make-believe warriors is your idea of staying hidden. They'll believe us when we drag you there ourselves."
She makes her rather large and rather sharp axe very obvious now.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2017, 04:34:48 pm »

Burhardt did not lower his hand. "If you think I'm a child to be cowed, you're sorely mistaken, and if you think such a lazy justification will be sufficient against a half dozen witnesses, you're stupid as well. All of that is predicated, however, on the assumption that you are who you claim to be. And I think you're actually imposters. None of the other gates are guarded right now either. That is too much to be a coincidence." Burhardt withdrew his pointer finger, and clenched his fist instead. "Stand down. I cannot guarantee your safety if I have to subdue you myself. And this spell hasn't been fully tested."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »

Luna was quiet - she wasn't half as intimidating as Burhardt in his imposing robes nor the woman that she could not be sure wasn't half giant, she wouldn't be able to help any more in that field. She was, however, trying to figure if she recognized either of the men - in her years on the streets, she had gotten familiar with several guards (who tended to either be sympathetic or to toss her out of whatever establishment she was in, depending on the guard) and some criminals (who contemplated mugging her, or tried to get her to join on their schemes and failed).

She also did not see this going peacefully. She nonchalantly grabbed at her bag's strap, ready to move quickly to grab her tome.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2017, 04:47:42 pm »

Tio quietly observed what looked to be an imminent outbreak of violence and also readied a javelin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »

All of this about Cor and the Gates exploding was over Tio's head, in addition to being extremely troublesome ideas. He didn't know how the gates were supposed to look or how many people were supposed to be guarding them. After a moment he followed Lukas over and looked at the gates too, though he didn't think he would figure much out.

"...Can you see anything wrong with them?"
After a moment of hesitation, Lukas answered the royal birdman.

: "The magic that surrounds them seems to be slightly more active than it's supposed to be. Other than that?" The mage spread his hands. "I'm afraid I'm not enough of an expert to tell. I don't even know what could be causing it. Assuming we don't all die in the next few minutes, perhaps I can figure it out."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:07 pm »

"Perhaps we should worry about that later. There seems to be more immediately pressing trouble at hand."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »

: "Hmm, yes. I guess a couple of years on the lam didn't teach Burhardt much in the way of diplomacy. Let's see if we can try to stop a fight before it starts." Lukas abandoned his study of the Gates and approached the area where strangers and (oddly slovenly) guards faced off.

: "Gentlemen, please. I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong foot here. I am Inquisitor Thermopylae of the Mage's Academy, and these are some of my colleagues. May I ask you a few questions?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »

The anger gained in the heat of the moment dissipates just as quick for Branwen as the Inquisitor approaches. She backs off, letting him do her job.

There she was, letting her temper get the better of her again. She needed a hold on that.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2017, 09:00:06 pm »

"Damn. So they did send an Inquisitor after all. I didn't think we could trust him, but it looks like our info was solid after all. Well. I suppose Lady Luck favors us after all. Time to kill the inquisition before it can even happen. Lets do this."

The man waved his hand and 5 small balls of fire appeared and went flying through each Gate. Before the group could react, armed men emerged from each of the Gates, clearly aiming their wrath at Lukas above all others.

"Heh. Our goal is going to be hard enough without the councils interfering. Better to get rid of their little birdies before they get a chance to sing."

Map Start!

Spoiler: Map Details (click to show/hide)

Spreadsheet here

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2017, 09:15:40 pm »

Lukas' smile slipped, just a little.

: "Well then. If any of you strangers aren't comfortable with fighting here, you should run now. The rest of us will buy time until real guards get here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »

"I didn't think I would be involved in violence so quickly in human territory... but a Mayuradana fights for what is right. If these people are up to no good, I'll take them down."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »

"And to nobody's surprise," Luna said, "They're not actually guards. It's a good thing I've always leaned towards the practical side of studies...". She fishes around in her bag, taking out first a simple Singe tome, and then a less recognizable one - the cover had a gemstone embedded in it, that seemed almost to change color every time one looked it's way. She put the odder tome in a sort of sling, for quicker access than from her bag. "Probably don't need to use this just yet..." she muttered, before rushing forward to start the fight. "You were really unconvincing, you know?"

C10, Singe the only enemy I can possibly reach from here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13