Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 2 gets cancelled!  (Read 28346 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 2! King Wynarn of Duria!
« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2017, 04:19:11 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2017, 04:20:20 pm »

AAA

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2017, 04:29:07 pm »

AAA

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2017, 04:30:29 pm »

I did say something else at first, but on reflection the situation is more worthy of an AAA

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2017, 04:39:38 pm »

You decide to march in front of your Army as the Scion of Sahk, to destroy the enemies of Duria or die trying.

Congratulations! Wyndarn has embarked on his first military campaign! During his absence from the palace, the temporary Administrator will deal with the kingdom matters.

The Cult of Sahk has praised you for taking on the role of Scion; and thus, almost a thousand of well-trained warrior-priests have joined the ranks of the Army for duration of the campaign, with their only payment being the possibility to burn alive important captives and enslave the rest.

Not that they will try to leave anyone alive amongst the invaders, that's it.

For almost two weeks your Army marches through the forests and plains of Duria, before scouts bring news; the Kuti and their goblin henchmen have learned of your approach and turned away from the fortified city to meet you head-on!

Next day, a large unit of wolfriders and Kuti horsemen is spotted just an hour away from your current position, the raiders splitting into five groups, attempting to make a rought half-circle envelopment. You decide to...

A) Send your own cavalry units, mostly bowmen, to deal with the Kuti riders.
B) Make a fortified camp at nearest and best-defended position you can find.
C) March onwards, stretching the flanks a bit and preparing for proper battle.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2017, 04:50:45 pm »

C Best way to deal with encroaching encirclement is to prevent it forming and charge it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2017, 05:21:32 pm »

Hmm. I feel like 'stretching the flanks' is a good way to get them shattered by a surprise cavalry charge, though I could be wrong.
I was going to say that A is a bad idea, on account of their cavalry outclassing ours (by the sound of things), but on the other hand, wiping out their cavalry whilst they are detached and spread thin could be a quick way to gain a decisive advantage. But if our cavalry got wiped out instead...
The coward in me wants to go with B. It sounds like the Kuti are itching for a fight, so we may be able to get them to attack us even on favourable ground. On the other hand, standing still means their encirclement is guaranteed to work, and you should generally not let your enemy do what he wants.

When in doubt, act defensively. At least that way we will know ourselves. Though I could easily be persuaded to change my mind.

B
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2017, 05:26:22 pm »

It's pretty hard to actually tell what tactic to go with, since it's like. Basically an exercise in mindreading. These all sound like they are either reasonable or terrible ideas, depending on how it's interpreted.

So I'll vote for B I guess.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:02 pm »

B

They'll want to hit us and run. We'll want to be ready for that and not be stuck on open ground.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2017, 06:32:53 pm »

B

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2017, 12:17:05 am »

Its pure guesswork. What kind of horsemen do they have?

I would have say A but it is not really exclusive with B (we can form a line while our cavalry harass and guard the wings). So B.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2017, 05:48:00 am »

I'm REAL glad people picked "A" on letting our MARTIAL KING attend the war :P
Anyone else is a nope unless we're brokering DIPLOMASEEE \o/ (or, y'know, context based. Can't do a general law for everything regarding when to send important protagonist people and stuff)

...Do we get a personal ship to transport our folks and act like 'that obvious admiral officer important ship because of its shininess', because that'd be awesome as naval warfare is invariably different from land warfare.

The Cult of Sahk has praised you for taking on the role of Scion; and thus, almost a thousand of well-trained warrior-priests have joined the ranks of the Army for duration of the campaign, with their only payment being the possibility to burn alive important captives and enslave the rest.
WELL aren't we pretty. ._.; The immolation seems reasonable within the belief system but yeah.

Next day, a large unit of wolfriders and Kuti horsemen is spotted just an hour away from your current position, the raiders splitting into five groups, attempting to make a rought half-circle envelopment. You decide to...

B seems best UNLESS we're not really sure about our cavalry--ranged speed-soldiers is best, but the terrain and all, alongside being unsure on their mounts o_O (Goblins seem like auxiliary troops though).

Although...we're on forest/plain mixture, so defending isn't actually a bad idea.
That and despite any choice we pick, we've a Martial King. Unsure if this will proceed if we pick A (as we're not in command there).

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:14 am »

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2017, 11:11:42 am »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27