Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 2 gets cancelled!  (Read 28399 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 2! King Wynarn of Duria!
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2017, 08:36:06 am »

I think we learnt our lesson with regards to over-zealous land expansion. We should only make measured, safe, preferably justified attempts to expand our borders (on land). I'd like our army to be mostly defensive, whilst our navy is used aggressively.

Pifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. No way. Gota blob fast yo.
Blob within reason you mean :P
This feels like Civilization {roman numeral} with the casus belli and claims though--gotta be reasonable with them claims! :O Starting out Wise does help with our feels to the land (like that 30 year war, we may get one more paragraph with a tad bit more detail but yeah).

...We are staying as a defensive army/hiring out (but not to inter-country war) right? Like, pretty much 'Canada' style or stuff? This does mean a possibly more patient gameplay run, but that ONE CENTURY year hit is somewhat awarding. :3 (Goodness gracious, remembering SPAMKINGDOM, and the Advisor's age, considering the family tree too...wow all of them {us} died young)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2017, 08:42:15 am »

Within reason? Idk about that. Depends on what you mean by within reason. We should expand as much and as fast as we can without dying to internal or external issues. A lot of that's going to depend on the politics of the surrounding land.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2017, 09:11:18 am »

I think we learnt our lesson with regards to over-zealous land expansion. We should only make measured, safe, preferably justified attempts to expand our borders (on land). I'd like our army to be mostly defensive, whilst our navy is used aggressively.

Pifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. No way. Gota blob fast yo.
Blob within reason you mean :P
This feels like Civilization {roman numeral} with the casus belli and claims though--gotta be reasonable with them claims! :O Starting out Wise does help with our feels to the land (like that 30 year war, we may get one more paragraph with a tad bit more detail but yeah).
Starting out Wise? I'm pretty sure we're Martial.
Also, Civilization doesn't use casus belli, you can DoW at any time with no real penalties (unless VI introduces it, I haven't played that one). Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, those use casus belli. (Until Dip tech 23*, when you get the ridiculous 'imperialism' casus belli on literally everyone)

Within reason? Idk about that. Depends on what you mean by within reason. We should expand as much and as fast as we can without dying to internal or external issues. A lot of that's going to depend on the politics of the surrounding land.
If Duria is the heir to an empire that once held the surrounding area, giving us claims on all our neighbours, we should expand rapidly. But otherwise, why piss off our neighbours when we can piss off people living across the sea who can't hurt us (without going through our invincible navy)
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2017, 09:16:07 am »

Starting out Wise? I'm pretty sure we're Martial.
Also, Civilization doesn't use casus belli, you can DoW at any time with no real penalties (unless VI introduces it, I haven't played that one). Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, those use casus belli. (Until Dip tech 23*, when you get the ridiculous 'imperialism' casus belli on literally everyone)
I know we went Martial, and that's when your mention of 'defensive army' clicked :P
This King can be like one of those great ol' Kings in the past that made a Golden Age, just by getting to know his place gradually over time instead of jumping into things--like how moderation goes, I feel like we can get into the 'mostly neutral' events like facing off non-faction parties like pirats or bandeets, or other nuisances. To not directly provoke people even if we 'probably can because of the Martial trait', and moreso to sustain and grow while being risky in our control and choice rather than...horrible events because of low values because we gambled and lost! D:

If Duria is the heir to an empire that once held the surrounding area, giving us claims on all our neighbours, we should expand rapidly. But otherwise, why piss off our neighbours when we can piss off people living across the sea who can't hurt us (without going through our invincible navy)
Nostalgia of the short-lived SPAMEMPIRE coming up :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2017, 09:51:24 am »

I feel like our neighbors would be pissed off either way if we just started expanding into them, even if we had a claim on all of them. But either way we should still certainly expand into our neighbors as opportunities to do so without some terrible diplomatic cost come up. A good core of lands offers some advantages over just a spread out empire. Besides, I'm sure we can have our cake and eat it too by taking both near lands and far off lands into our empire.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2017, 11:59:04 am »

Since we have naval  capabilities,  I'd like to see colonial shenanigans.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2017, 12:12:19 pm »

Colonies are a great way to go bankrupt. Ask Scotland.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2017, 12:32:03 pm »

Colonies are a great way to go bankrupt. Ask Scotland.
Colonies are a great way to get rich. Ask Spain, Portugal, France, England, and the Netherlands. The trick is to get there first and grab all the good colonies before anyone else does. And not, for example, starting your colony in a malaria-infested jungle with no real exploitable resources.
Also, never allow your colonies economic independence. If you aren't exploiting them, they can become a drain on your resources. But well-managed colonies can serve as a rapidly growing market for manufactured goods, as well as a cheap source of raw materials and precious metals.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »

Always remind them that they are citizens of your country, and give inspirational speeches. Let them be proud of their heritage, and you'll have no problems.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2017, 01:45:05 pm »

bbbbb
ccccc

nooooooooooooooooooooooo ;<;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2017, 01:48:31 pm »

B

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2017, 02:02:26 pm »

bbbbb
ccccc

nooooooooooooooooooooooo ;<;
What's wrong?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2017, 02:03:58 pm »

You order taxes raised for a year.

521 AD, Spring

There is a diplomatic incident brewing in the north.

There are rumors that High Lord Kumotar, of the powerful family of Xytra, is planning to marry the daughter of the Nitanki chieftain. The Nitanki were always a thorn in the side of the northerners, raiding the valleys and burnign the farmlands and then escaping into the harsh and snow-covered mountains.

High Lord Kumotar has a rather peculiar taste in women but to marry a daughter of Durian-slaying barbarian!... obviously the court demands you do something, so you decide to...

A) Send him a letter in which you demand an explanation.
B) Do nothing, actually.
C) Send him a letter in which you forbid him to marry the barbarian girl.
D) Hire the Black Guild to have High Lord Kumotar eliminated for treason and collaboration with enemies of Duria.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2017, 02:05:55 pm »

A.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2017, 02:08:27 pm »

Hey, good work that man. Marry those pesky barbarians, and maybe they'll stop raiding us so much.
I assume that's his thinking. Better check, though.

A
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27