Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46

Author Topic: World of Avatars  (Read 32198 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: World of Avatars
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »

"ERR... GASTER WAS... A PERSON! I THINK! MY APOLOGIES, I'VE ONLY HEARD OF HIM FROM MY BROTHER'S OCCASIONAL RAMBLINGS OF VARIOUS TIMESPACE SCIENCE SHENANIGANS, AND HE RARELY PUTS ANY EFFORT INTO THEM. OR ANYTHING ELSE, IN FACT! IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THOUGH..."

Papyrus pauses to collect his thoughts for a moment.

"IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, HE WAS, ER... DOCTOR W. D. GASTER, AT ONE POINT THE ROYAL SCIENTIST OF KING ASGORE DREEMURR! HE IS THE ONE WHO INVENTED THE CORE, THE UNDERGROUND'S MAIN SOURCE OF POWER, BUT I BELIEVE SANS MENTIONED AT ONE POINT THAT HE WAS ALSO STUDYING TIMESPACE... AS WELL AS...

SOME SORT OF VOID WHICH EXISTS BEYOND EVEN THAT!

Papyrus is beginning to sound a lot more sure of what he's saying, somehow; like it's all coming back to him.

"HE FOUND BEYOND TIME AND SPACE A VOID OF INFINITE DARKNESS, WHICH ACTIVELY CONSUMED LIGHT, AND DISCOVERED MANY CREATURES WHICH EXIST WITHIN IT. AMONG THEM WAS THE SKULL YOU JUST SAW, INITIALLY DUBBED THE PHANTOM PAIN FOR THE FACT THAT THEY GAIN ENERGY FROM MEMORIES WHICH HOLD EMOTIONAL PAIN..."

Papyrus is beginning to lose is usual jovial tone of voice.

"Not long after he had developed a method to call one out and bargain for it to attack in exchange for sharing the caster's own pain, he met an unfortunate end. He fell into one of his own creations, designed to interface with the void, and was shattered across time and space. After that he became little more than...
Than a nightmate."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2017, 09:29:19 pm »

Roy looks to him, deciding to figure everything out one at a time.

"To start off, you have a brother? Is he a scientist, too?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2017, 09:35:57 pm »

"ERR... GASTER WAS... A PERSON! I THINK! MY APOLOGIES, I'VE ONLY HEARD OF HIM FROM MY BROTHER'S OCCASIONAL RAMBLINGS OF VARIOUS TIMESPACE SCIENCE SHENANIGANS, AND HE RARELY PUTS ANY EFFORT INTO THEM. OR ANYTHING ELSE, IN FACT! IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THOUGH..."

Papyrus pauses to collect his thoughts for a moment.

"IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, HE WAS, ER... DOCTOR W. D. GASTER, AT ONE POINT THE ROYAL SCIENTIST OF KING ASGORE DREEMURR! HE IS THE ONE WHO INVENTED THE CORE, THE UNDERGROUND'S MAIN SOURCE OF POWER, BUT I BELIEVE SANS MENTIONED AT ONE POINT THAT HE WAS ALSO STUDYING TIMESPACE... AS WELL AS...

SOME SORT OF VOID WHICH EXISTS BEYOND EVEN THAT!

Papyrus is beginning to sound a lot more sure of what he's saying, somehow; like it's all coming back to him.

"HE FOUND BEYOND TIME AND SPACE A VOID OF INFINITE DARKNESS, WHICH ACTIVELY CONSUMED LIGHT, AND DISCOVERED MANY CREATURES WHICH EXIST WITHIN IT. AMONG THEM WAS THE SKULL YOU JUST SAW, INITIALLY DUBBED THE PHANTOM PAIN FOR THE FACT THAT THEY GAIN ENERGY FROM MEMORIES WHICH HOLD EMOTIONAL PAIN..."

Papyrus is beginning to lose is usual jovial tone of voice.

"Not long after he had developed a method to call one out and bargain for it to attack in exchange for sharing the caster's own pain, he met an unfortunate end. He fell into one of his own creations, designed to interface with the void, and was shattered across time and space. After that he became little more than...
Than a nightmate."

Merseth: "Papyrus? Are you alright?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:23 pm »

"I'M ALRIGHT, MERSETH! I'M JUST... Having a flashback."

Papyrus takes a moment to pause.

"RIGHT, MY BROTHER, SANS. HE'S VERY WELL-VERSED IN THE NATURE OF TIMESPACE, BUT WHEN HE DISCOVERED... SOMETHING... HE JUST LOST INTEREST.
IN EVERYTHING."
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2017, 10:02:51 pm »

Merseth: "Sans, eh? He gone catatonic or something?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2017, 10:05:08 pm »

"NO, HE JUST... TURNED LAZY. INCREDIBLY LAZY. ALL OF A SUDDEN, HE JUST WOULDN'T PUT IN EFFORT FOR ANYTHING. IT WAS AS THOUGH HE HAD JUST SAID, WHAT'S THE POINT?"

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:22 pm »

Merseth: "Anything else noteworthy about him?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2017, 10:11:32 pm »

"WELL, HE USES HIS KNOWLEDGE OF TIMESPACE A LOT. HE TAKES SHORTCUTS WHICH TURN MILES INTO INCHES, MANIPULATES TIME-TRAVELERS, AND KEEPS AN UNIMAGINABLE NUMBER OF TABS ON EVERY SIGN OF SPACETIME INTERFERENCE, AND THAT'S JUST WHEN HE'S PLAYING A PETTY PRANK! IF HE WERE TO PUT HIS ALL INTO... ANYTHING, REALLY...

I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE WHAT HE'D ACCOMPLISH!"

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:12 pm »

Merseth: "Interesting!"
*Merseth turns to look around*
"Hmm?"
*He sees what appears to be an old man, short in stature and with a long braided beard walking in the distance.*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:27:13 pm by Asin »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:52 pm »

Roy looks to him and shouts out, "Hey! HEY!"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2017, 10:41:29 pm »

Old Man: "Huh?"

*The old man walks to the group.*

"Yes?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:46:02 pm by Asin »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »

Roy politely puts his hands behind his back and says, "Roy Mustang, State Alchemist. Where, exactly, are we?"

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:59 pm »

Old Man: "This is the Field of Fertility. Named so for the fertile ground used for farming around here. I best be heading back to my laboratory."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2017, 11:09:08 pm »

"Okay, then. Can we have some sort of map? We're...uh, travelers, unaware of the lay of the land. We need some directions."

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2017, 11:13:15 pm »

Old Man: "Hmm... Follow me to my laboratory. I may have a map there."

Merseth: "Hmm... Sir, could you be a dwarf?"

Old Man: "Yes. But that doesn't matter right now. Follow me, travellers."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46