Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

Author Topic: World of Avatars  (Read 32142 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: World of Avatars
« Reply #495 on: February 25, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »

Roy shakes his head. "No, Lun. There were only seven Homunculi in my world. Not a single one looked or sounded like that at any point."

The villager that was attacked suddenly rises up, then mutates. He hunches over as four red tentacles burrow out of his back, his blood turning into a black, vile liquid. His skin turns black, with wisps of darkness coming out of his body. His fingers turn to claws, his teeth turn razor sharp, and his voice becomes a screeching howl, before defaulting back to a raspy, yet pleasant tone.

"He's not wrong. Greetings and salutations. I'm Nightmare. And everyone else? About to experience their worst one yet."

~~Chapter 4: Living Nightmare~~

Merseth: "By Urdim's might... Take this!"

*Merseth slashes Nightmare with a powerful slash!*

Lun: "Oh joy. Hang on, let me prepare a sealing spell. Papyrus, Roy, Merseth. Protect me while Nightmare still walks."

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 25, 2017, 09:53:45 pm »

Fbzib aimlessly wanders around the forest, unable to find the way out.
"Need... Power..."
Fbzib senses something powerful was unchained somewhere south of him. He begins floating in the general direction.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 25, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »

[1 v 6] Nightmare, or at least the man in his grasp, catches the blade before licking it with a forked tongue. He then immediately counter-attacks with swift vengeance, [6 v 4] kicking Merseth to the ground.

Roy nods, and shoots at Nightmare with his pistol. [1 v 3] Due to either a lack of ammo or an unchambered round, however, the gun jams. Thus, he snaps his fingers, [6 v 3] igniting a fireball that throws the Nightmare back. Through the smoke and dismemberment, it's obvious that he's missing two tentacles and a bit of flesh. "Hmm, guess murdering all those Ishvalens prepared you for the worst, eh, Roy?". With wide eyes, silence ensues.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 25, 2017, 10:08:54 pm »

[1 v 6] Nightmare, or at least the man in his grasp, catches the blade before licking it with a forked tongue. He then immediately counter-attacks with swift vengeance, [6 v 4] kicking Merseth to the ground.

Merseth: "ARRGH!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2017, 10:22:47 pm »

"You know, I think it's time for some...retaliation."

The Nightmare leaps for Roy Mustang with surprising agility [3 v 1], slashing his chest before headbutting him down. Roy is stunned from the blow.

"So, Merseth, was it? Hello. Was there anything like me in your homeworld? Dumb question, I know. Knowing how your world works? You'd probably call me an elf if it meant giving yourself something to fight for."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 25, 2017, 10:24:37 pm »

"You know, I think it's time for some...retaliation."

The Nightmare leaps for Roy Mustang with surprising agility [3 v 1], slashing his chest before headbutting him down. Roy is stunned from the blow.

"So, Merseth, was it? Hello. Was there anything like me in your homeworld? Dumb question, I know. Knowing how your world works? You'd probably call me an elf if it meant giving yourself something to fight for."

*Merseth gets up.*

Merseth: "Only thing close to you in my world is a demon. You are no demon!"

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 25, 2017, 10:29:33 pm »

Fbzib eventually sees the village. And the destruction he dealt earlier. "Heh. I guess this place hasn't changed." From a bush he remarks "Wait... what's that?" Fbzib spots the mutated villager fighting the people he encountered earlier. "Oooh! I need some front row seats!" Fbzib sneaks over to some debris and morphs into a slightly more blue than normal brick with a gray eye.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2017, 10:33:11 pm »

The Nightmare grins evily, his razor sharp jaws glistening in the sunlight. "Hehe, let me answer your comeback, with another question."

Roy snaps again, [6 v 2] and manages another severely damaging blow. When the Nightmare falls back to the island, one of the villager's arms is missing, along with having burnt flesh. Rather then enunciating pain, Nightmare roars in anger.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »

Papyrus emerges once again to deliver a bone attack!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2017, 11:15:11 pm »

Papyrus emerges once again to deliver a bone attack!

Merseth: "What, no witty banter?"

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 25, 2017, 11:22:55 pm »

"OH, RIGHT! ERM... NO NIGHTMARE... IS SPOOKY ENOUGH UNTIL YOU ADD BONES! NYEH?"
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2017, 02:00:19 am »

Dek I throws a well - aimed grenade at the nightmare, and then runs.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2017, 08:14:07 am »

Papyrus launches his bone attack towards Nightmare [2 v 5], whose body shifts and contorts in odd ways as a dodge, before coming closer to the group. Upon hearing Papyrus's terrible quip, he says, "Needs work. Here's mine: you're likely to have night terrors soon.", before a grenade suddenly interrupts him. [1 v 5] Nightmare suddenly twists his spine back, crabwalking backwards as the grenade explodes. Rising back to two feet, he's stopped by Roy pointing the gun back at him. [4 v 5] A bullet hits the wall behind Nightmare, sending him into a charge, straight for [3] Papyrus.

Nightmare unleashes a violent growl as he charges [2 v 5], Papyrus gaining enough leeway to dodge slashes and cuts from his claws.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:04 am »

It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2017, 04:43:13 pm »

The slightly blue brick slowly inches towards Lun's house, but it will have to cross through the battlefield. ((roll for stealth?))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46