Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153702 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Death and Victory
« Reply #1035 on: January 21, 2018, 06:40:51 pm »

((Actually, we could totally commission the necromancers to make some for us. Be expensive though.))
((Why buy bone chains when we could just use the dead body? We can't revive him.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 21, 2018, 06:53:41 pm »

((Actually, we could totally commission the necromancers to make some for us. Be expensive though.))
((Why buy bone chains when we could just use the dead body? We can't revive him.))
((I don't mean to imply that I'm opposed to using the body, to be clear.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 21, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »

((It's just that bone chains wouldn't work because they wouldn't be flexible. I don't know if materials affect Caducei at all since they can't be upgraded.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 27, 2018, 05:17:53 pm »

((Turn?  I kinda want to find out if Nanami lives.))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 28, 2018, 03:36:50 pm »

Sry, bit delayed. Update Monday
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 30, 2018, 04:50:47 pm »

Sorry about that, too many plates.

Take a point in practicality and runic sight.

Drive the truck across the canal to the concrete plant immediately on the other side.  Run the truck straight to the truck filling dock and use knowledge, charisma, illusions and fast-talking to pull a Bavarian Fire Drill and bury the casket and all it's related gear in tons of wet concrete.  Leave before things go to hell, but that should at least slow the necromancer down for a time.  Ditch the scene and head back to Vince's.

As the equipment on the back of the truck crackles and screams, parts falling off and skidding away with eldritch flashes, you speed towards the concrete plant. The journey takes a minute, by which time the back of the truck is covered in blue fire and several massive pseudopods of bones machinery snatch dreamily at passing streetlamps, the latent will of the entity residing in the coffin imposing iteself on its surroundings. Metal screeches and tears as you swerve to a halt in front of the concrete plant.

Dealing with it: 3

No time to wait for the gates to open, you plough straight through them, steel crumpling and glass smashing as you power through. Shaking off the jolt, you kick a door open, grab a communicator from a flabbergasted technician as you pass him, and frantically order the filling dock cleared of vehicles. Tyres shredding, you more crash than brake to a halt in front of a loading pipe, ramming an empty vehicle aside. Frantically screaming commands regarding fire, biohazard and military personell, you conjure up several illusory soldiers in a barely-grlimpsed control room ordering all dispensing pipes filled to maximum. A steady pool of concrete rapidly forms on top of the stone coffin, now bathed in white fire as the final bits of machinery burn and wither.

Stones and pebbles shudder and roll in consternation as a mind potent as a god stirs and wakens, mighty throbs of consciousness dulling noises to a whine. The concrete has barely begun to set, nothing like enough covering the massive conglomerate sarcophagus. Desperately, you draw on any remaining puissance and fire your costliest spell at the massive concrete mixer above the loading dock. The side of the drum shivers and cracks, before a flood of concrete bursts out, completely hiding the coffin and the remains of the truck carrying it. A scream of irritation stuns you for a moment, as whips of physicalised emotion lash out of the mound of hardening concrete, tearing streaks from the ground and ripping the air into a fury. You run blindly, as the pile starts to shudder and strain, leaping a fence and finding yourself crashing into brackish canal water. Behind you, a sympathetic storm has instantly formed, black clouds rumbling displeasure and annoyance.

A webbed limb grips you by the shoulders and pulls as your lungs fill with liquid, then there comes an interminable period of acceleration through green-brown waters studded with blurry shafts of light, shreds of plant or plastic whipping past you as you're shot through a murky tube, pursued by an overwhelming feeling of awe and dread before righteous, world-bending anger.

Finally, you're cast out onto a muddy bank, miles from the wakening of a furious dark lord, vomiting canal water and watching the black clouds flash in a tight spiral. The river spirit pulling you staggers feebly to the shallows, his sunken eyes staring at you desolately from green-grey skin. It opens its mouth as if to say something, but instead topples, its cold wrinkled flesh blackening and swelling with necrosis. As you back away, the river water darkens, the plants by its edge drooping and dying, the green carpets of algae fading into purple rot.

The stench of death hangs on the wind blowing round you, the stomping grounds the Coven calls home on the edges of the inner city blurred with necromantic potency. A rune embeds itself in the coils of your brain: Pestilence.

You stand alone and friendless, soaked in canal water, bruised and bloody, missing several fingers. The pall of death hangs over the place you left your allies. You don't know your surroundings, nor can you guess at the strange and hostile beings that lurk in these suburbs, roused by the screams of the necromancer.

Don will pick up the sword if nobody else does and offer Ben a ride back to base in the Maserati. Level up decision to be made later.
Ben gains a point of Banal Weapons, and a point of Agility, to the surprise of precisely nobody.

Then he quickly packs his weapons up, and takes a cursory look around the area; in particular he's gonna check the corpse of Steve and the swordswoman he'd been fighting, and put a P90 bullet into the latter's head.  Two of them, if he thinks there's any chance she's alive.

Then he's gonna start retreating down the canal in the vauge direction of Vince's place.

The body of the swordswoman is nowhere to be found. Perhaps it was destroyed in the blast, burnt to an unrecognisable crisp. Perhaps her armour saved her, and she crawled away after the blast. No way to tell.

Try to find and take the racing broom of the witch that burned me. Seems she won't be needing it anymore. Once the broom is recovered or I confirm that it was destroyed, get in the truck and upgrade Agility, Aim and Puissant fettle (Extra point from lichdom).

If there is enough time, try to recover the body (and maybe the pair of swords involved into the fight if I can find them) from the guy who died in the sword fight. Otherwise just get into Vince's truck.

Make sure to fix up and heal everyone in the truck, including me. If no one minds and I had enough time to recover the body, stab Steve's corpse in the heart with my phylactery and suck it's magical blood. If no one opposes to tearing him appart, surgically remove his whole spine to use as the staff of the Caduceus, and his intestines for the "snake-like" flexible part of the Caduceus. Make the Caduceus with my 2 clots.

((Now that I have 2 clots, I'm considering making a caduceus to heal more effectively. Could anyone help me gather materials later? I'll need a human spine (Probably from Steve's corpse (Sorry Steve.)) and 2 snake skeletons.))
You get the lightning longsword, but everything else is in cinders. Applying basic first aid to the bruises people have isn't difficult.

Spoiler: it's the cycle of life (click to show/hide)
You know the drill, normal starting stuff. We'll assume you're far from Vince's place or the Coven's home ground, given the Bad Things™ happening near his house. Start with 3 clots. It's a rule change for a reason, I'll explain later.

Zamenis, Ben and Don get into the front seat of the truck, which drives back to Vince's. Halfway there, their ears start ringing, and the vehicle speeds up. Those who sense such things percieve a massing of death-energies to the south, where Nanami drove the flatbed. As Vince stands in the door to his house calling to them, one hand scribbling occult symbols of protection onto the frame, a being wondrously composed of bright lights and celestial energies passes high above their heads. A joyous battle-cry rings out as it travels towards the source of the grim reverberations of the awakening necromancer, an evensong of wars fought among the ancient stars.

Vince rushes about the house frantically sealing the windows and doors with protective wards. Once certain that nothing can get in, he draws the curtains against the flashing stormclouds and waves of death-energy, before sitting down heavily.

"We'll have to lie low for a day or two, but well done. You did good."

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:53:18 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 30, 2018, 05:40:12 pm »

"Could anyone remind me why did we need this glowy thing?"
List of things to do:
1) Make that Caduceus with a human spine and intestines. If I could just safely use mine, do it. For some reason, Vince's house has a lot of body parts.
2) If I can, find out what are the spells from my hand wand. Don't test them on myself.
3) If I have the time, try to identify the mysterious potion and rope. Don't use them on myself. Ask Vince about them before experimenting.
4)If for some reason I still have spare time, research on various ways to reanimate the dead.

((I think my Puissance cap should be at 14))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 30, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »

Well, the most important issues seem to be to get further away from that disaster and to do something about my fingers.  Shame about the river spirit, but so it goes.

Find a business with a first-aid kit for employees.  Most any business will do, but restaurants tend to have unusually well-stocked ones due to the relatively frequent occurance of cuts.  Do first aid by bandaging up my hand and the cut stumps of the fingers.  I don't want an ambulance, so use an illusion to limit the apparent severity of the injury.  After that, do some trolling in public places, like a pub or bar or restaurant or such to find someone who is most definately into me, in order to try and get a place to stay for a few days.  Do try to make a cultist, but just a place to stay would be fine, as then I can shower, clean my clothing, and maybe get some money.  Phone Dave and Vince to let them know that I'm okay, and ask Vince if he knows any good resources in the area.  I should be able to figure out where I am pretty quickly just by looking at a street sign.

Also, be sure to examine myself in a mirror to try and tell if the rune is having a passive effect on me, (as well as estimating my beauty), and to see if maybe I'll get another rune for that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:14:11 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 30, 2018, 06:43:15 pm »

"What... What."

Eep. A rune or two would be handy about now. First priority is to find something to make into a level 2 wand,
So that I can feasibly defend myself. I don't have anything in mind and Jane honestly doesn't know anything yet so I'll just follow my tunic sight until I find something that looks both potent and wand-shaped.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 30, 2018, 07:07:35 pm »

I never levelled, so I will put a point in Puissance and Aim. Recover my strength, try an feel out the nature of the giraffes. DO NOT SUMMON THEM.

"Well. Vince, what's going on out there?"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:17:41 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 30, 2018, 07:40:30 pm »

Puissance and Ritual Strength are both magic skills.  It's one magic and one non-magic.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 30, 2018, 08:17:56 pm »

((Got confused, thanks!))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Death and Victory
« Reply #1047 on: January 31, 2018, 11:31:14 am »

"Yeah, 'we did good'.  You didn't see it, we were in an unloseable situation and still managed to win by the skin of our teeth...  I need to find a new outfit..."

Ben continues to grumble and laze about the house, obsessively cleaning his guns and counting his ammo every few hours.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 13, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »

((Sorry for bump, but is the next update soon-ish?))
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 86