Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153623 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Out of the frying pan, into the steamer
« Reply #990 on: January 09, 2018, 09:40:33 pm »

"WHY WAS THAT BOILIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!?"

Better fucking cast *PHOENIX*, then.
But before that try sticking a clot into my pyromancy flame, maybe I can upgrade it that way.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2018, 10:00:29 pm »

((It would be great to track the spells, but lets save that until I can test them offscreen after this combat.))

Cast the two-cost defensive spell on my clothing, and run away from my attacker and the sinkhole.  If I am attacked or pursued,  project bright light from my hand that's short fingers at the swordswoman, in an attempt to throw off her aim, and defend myself with 2x of the 3-cost shard spell and whatever's remaining in 1-cost shard spell.

((Also, Rit users may want to consider Pendants))
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:53:51 am by Devastator »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:26 am »

"Well if you have a spare gun, I wouldn't mind."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Out of the frying pan, into the steamer
« Reply #994 on: January 10, 2018, 07:50:38 am »

Ben flinches when Don Joe speaks, looking around frantically in an effort to find the source of the voice.  Once he spots Joe, he appraises the man for a couple seconds, both eyes wide and one eyebrow raised suspiciously.

"...There's knives in my bag, you're welcome to 'em.  Don't touch the gun."

Ben then returns his gaze to the battle, firing a couple short bursts.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:38 am »

Steve chops off the hand of the guy that punched him, and the punches him back
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Concluding moments
« Reply #996 on: January 13, 2018, 03:11:51 pm »

I always though that it was a sharp curved sword, only now i realised that its actually a shard curved sword...
No, that should be sharp. Just a typo.

"WHY WAS THAT BOILIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!?"

Better fucking cast *PHOENIX*, then.
But before that try sticking a clot into my pyromancy flame, maybe I can upgrade it that way.

"I don't really know what was I expecting to happen."
Start healing Bella's wounds using that first aid kit I bought a while ago. Try to close the wounds and stop any bleeding then cleaning the wounds to avoid infection, then use any ointment for burns. Or whatever my medical knowledge tells me to do in this situation.
Zamenis flies slowly over the canal to Bella, avoiding the chaos nearby, the white-hot power source and the canal it had been heating, before dropping heavily out of the sky and kneeling beside her. He is applying ointment to some of the worst burns in the most crucial areas when his patient spontaneously combusts. The undead surgeon has just enough time to blaspheme heavily before the charred carcass he's working on explodes. Thrown backwards, he obliterate a metal fence and several metres of underbrush before crumpling a brick wall that gives almost as good as it gets. While a heavy singeing doesn't faze the undead, he does take a minute to shove his bones back into working order. Zamenis ends up in a small brick outhouse, on the other side of the canal from the fighting, swearing furiously.

Bella meanwhile, unconscious but completely unharmed, lies by the canal, at the centre of a scorched crater.

Steve chops off the hand of the guy that punched him, and the punches him back
5+3 vs 3+1-1

One of the haulers goes for Steve, bringing their chain down in a viscious overhead swing that uselessly strikes the floor, quickly followed by their entire forearm. As they look up in pained surprise, an explosive uppercut lifts them into the air, and they pass out before landing in a heap on the ground at Steve's feet. THe last hauler comes up behind Steve, chain held in both hands, ready for a quick chokeout.

6+3 vs 2+1+1

Steve catches the chain as it's looped round his neck, then tilts backwards, supporting his weight with the chain to slip under it, twist, and yank the hauler towards him. Elegantly stepping behind their back, he thrusts his rusty but servicable scimitar into their chest before kicking them off the end of it, straight into the magical disturbance in front of him. The whirlpool of arcane energies and alchemical substances goes quiet for a few moments, presumable digesting.

Don Joe slumps, worn out, taking deep breaths. "I'm out of energy right now, cover me please."

Pull back from the ledge and try and feel out my summon. What does it feel like it does, what is the aura the creatures give off. Also grab a knife from Ben's bag. Preferably not bloody.
Rit: 6+2

Your miracle summon? It seems to be getting weary: it was never meant to be involved in such prolonged combat. Already, it has lost any idea of it's original aim, and is just hacking blindly at the thing it's always been hacking it. The coin has already lost the magical charge, and the chain is fading too. Soon, the warrior will disappear entirely, and you'll have to give it a rest before you use it again.

You also get a knife, carefully dipping your hand into Ben's bag. This man owns a lot of cutting implements.

"These people... we have guns and they still charge into a knife fight.  I really need to find a better gang..."

Ben is a simple man, and will continue to shoot targets of opportunity.
2+3, 4-1 vs 1+2

The alchemist manages to tear the arm off the iron warrior attacking them, ripping apart steel with inhuman strength. Ben cheerily notes that the antiprojectile fog seems to have been dispersed. He reasons that this may be due to the presence of the heated uranium, or the chemical spill in the middle of the road, or simply because the opposition has run out and didn't plan for an extended battle. Knowing that the soldier's job is not to think but to fight, he takes aim and gets a few shots off on the alchemist in the middle of the street. The man must be wearing modern body armour under those ridiculous robes, as he staggers but doesn't fall. Ben sighes critically, and wipes a speck of grime from the stock of his weapon.

The alchemist continues in his endless stunlock, escape thwarted once more.

((It would be great to track the spells, but lets save that until I can test them offscreen after this combat.))

Cast the two-cost defensive spell on my clothing, and run away from my attacker and the sinkhole.  If I am attacked or pursued,  project bright light from my hand that's short fingers at the swordswoman, in an attempt to throw off her aim, and defend myself with 2x of the 3-cost shard spell and whatever's remaining in 1-cost shard spell.

((Also, Rit users may want to consider Pendants))
You press your wand against the coat and activate the spell. Immediately, a layer of large, blocky crystals forms on top of it, hampering your movement but forming a defensive layer. Not ideal for running away. You throw your fingerless hand out in front of you, sending thicks rays of light towards the swordswoman's eyes as she closes in.

Aim: 6+1 vs 2+2+1

As your opponent shies away from the brilliant glare, blinded, you get out your wand.

{5, 5} +1 vs 3+3-1

Two shards of crystal the length of your forearm spring from your wand, both hitting your opponent's chest as she lunges, sending her stumbling back with the impact and gouging bloody lines in the leather. Snarling, she rights herself, and pursues you as you hurry from behind the truck, into the centre of the street.

Steve and Nanami stand back to back in the middle of the street, in front of the glowing power source. Between them and Ben/Don's encampment is the weird rift in the concrete, now siz or seven metres in diameter. To the left of that is the truck and the swordswoman. To the right is the alchemist and the fading magical construct attacking it. The undead mass on the flatbed truck, excited by the recent deaths, is sending tentative limbs of machinery and bone into the sinkhole and towards the powersource. The vials embedded in the circuitry and remains start to fizz and crackle, reacting unpredictably with the now bright pink occult waste pile in the centre of the street. It doesn't look like the machinery on the truck will be intact or dormant for much longer.

Another truck, this one closed and apparently driverless, pulls up a little way away from it all, on a side street. It's the same one Vince used last time you were meant to capture a power source.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:30:44 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 13, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »

"Get the glowing thing out of here!  Now!"

(I need to know how much puissance I have before issuing orders.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:27:42 pm by Devastator »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 13, 2018, 04:06:36 pm »

Don will head down to street level and be ready to summon on the alchemist while the others haul if he breaks free of stunlock. If the path is clear, he will join in hauling. If I summon, try and figure out what the giraffes do.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 13, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »

"Get the glowing thing out of here!  Now!"

(I need to know how much puissance I have before issuing orders.)
Good point, I missed that.
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 13, 2018, 04:44:29 pm »

Zamenia carefuly aims his makeshit spear at the hearth of the yellow dude and throws it with all of his strenght. If it hits, try to absorb as much of his blood as possible.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 13, 2018, 04:53:08 pm »

Run around the truck to the door, and try to enter it and move it further from the action.  Trust to my teammates to take care of the swordswoman behind me.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 13, 2018, 07:02:20 pm »

Take on the swordwoman in a one on one duel
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 13, 2018, 07:16:16 pm »

Wake up! Grab my broom, get airborne, break the sound barrier while circling, and blat a magazine from my glock into the machinery.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:11:52 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:53 pm »

"No, don't, you'll kill us all!  Don't shoot the truck!"
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 86