Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153794 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Almost
« Reply #975 on: January 03, 2018, 07:34:10 am »

Yes, more things, probably crafting!  Scorpion, how does it work?  And a melee weapon with Scorpion on it sounds like a good idea right off the bat, or possibly tattooing it on myself...
Scorpion already applies to you, so a tattoo won't help, but writing it on a weapon will give an additional bonus to anyone (including you) using the weapon. Bear in mind that it only takes effect if it is plausible that your blow could inflict some kind of ailment: hitting someone with a piece of celery won't poison them with or without the rune.

So you'd want to make your weapons red-hot or coated in poison or something.

Keep firing on the big trash-armored guys, they seem the most dangerous aside from Mr Incendiary, and everyone else is already focusing on him. 
Immobilize the truck by shooting out its drive tire with the wand.  Then move up to the cab and under an illusion of another leather-hooded figure, shoot the driver in the face with my pistol through his open window.  Then open the door and drag that guy out.  If the truck hasn't been successfully immobilized, jump in and stop the truck from inside.  If it has, quickly loot his body for weapons and gear, and to see if these guys are human.
"You have to be FUCKING kidding me!"

Channel a clot from the power source, use it to turn yellow robe's spine into a wand, and cast its first spell while it's inside him.
((Can you use the giraffes to attack distract the leather dudes please? The more chaos there is, the better for us.))
I hope they didn't spot me during the chaos. Aim and fire multiple times at the truck driver, then shoot the leather men that are close to the glowy thingy or near my hiding spot using both my wand spell 2 and then the assault rifle when I run out of puissance.
"Let's wait for the mist to clear."

Wait for my puissance to recharge, be ready to summon again once it hits 3. Try and get the giraffes to deal physical damage to yellow-coat dude. Until I have enough to summon, stay low and be ready to bail out of position.

((Bigger fish, make sure you add some rusty sharp things.))

1+3 vs 4-1, 5-1, 1-1

As soon as the smoke clears, Ben fires another volley, reducing two of the trash golems to burning heaps of metal and plastic. The third, legless but defiant, crawls about tortourously, getting nowhere fast.

4+2 vs 6+2

Zamenis also fires at the hooded figure driving the truck, but his target ducks below the dashboard, and continues to slowly reverse. Nanami takes careful aim at the wheels with her crystal wand, as no resistance is offered.

6+1, 4+1, 2+1

She manages to stick a couple of shards of crystal into one tyre, but doesn't shred the thick layers of rubber. Probably not the best thing for the job, but it's not like there are any dedicated tyre shredders on hand. Nanami shifts her cloak of leaves into a leather hood and cloak, runs alongside the truck on the opposite side to Zamenis, and jumps up to the window, holding onto one wing mirror

1+1 vs 2+2

Nanami misses her shot with the pistol, firing just above her adversary's leather cowl. The driver kicks the door open, propelling the witch into the wall of the nearest building. She then drives forwards and to her right over the pavement, the truck kissing the building opposite to Ben and Zamenis at an angle. The only way out for Nanami is either over the truck or towards the power source, and the truck blocks her allies' line of fire. As she gets to her feet, the driver steps out, drawing a longsword from the depths of their leather armour. From the ebony-black hilt, the blade crackles with lightning. In a sharp, clear voice, the hooded figure chuckles and greets her target.

"Just the two of us. Won't this be nice?"

It is clear from her tone of voice that she means you harm.

Bella gains a clot frmo the power source, and so does everyone present except Zamenis, who already has. Forgot about that.

Bella then decides to use her newfound magical potential in a rather bizarre way. She leaps onto her flaming broom, and accelerates across the street for the yellow-coated alchemist, going for a spinal grip. Don calls upon the his giraffe spirits, and his warrior comtinues to slash at the alchemist, blows that send him stumbling about but somehow fail to eviscerate him.

4, 2-2, 1+2 vs 1+2

The armoured warrior continues to grimly hack away at the alchemist, who tries and fails to block the slashes with sharp flicks of their arms, but somehow manages to recover from each blow. The giraffes demons spring up around the alchemist, transparent necks disappearing into the tarmac, and latch onto their prey with vicious but sadly noncorporeal teeth. They manage to restrain the yellow-hooded figure as Bella zooms towards them hand outstretched.

As Bella tries to force a buildup of magical potential through the enchanted protective gear and densely packed thaumaturgical substances on the alchemist's back, runes swirl beneath the leather, repelling the clot through test tubes of occult liquid straight back into Bella's unprepared hand. A minor explosion results, shattering vials and igniting powders, and the unfortunate witch reels away, her fingers a mess of conflicting and unstable magical energies. Her machete shatters at once as stray purple sparks dance along the blade.

Somehow, the previous impaled leather-clad minion has got back up, after quaffing heavily from a now-empty vial. He rushes in to attack Bella, swinging a length of crystalline chain as an impromptu bludgeon. Bella turns at the last second to respond.

6+1-2 vs 6+1

The chain loops around Bella's burning hand, and the leather hood yanks hard, pulling her to the ground. As the localised storm of enchantment touches the road surface, it leaps into the ground, and a sinkhole crawling with ethereal maggots, green fire, and crackles of weird-hued lightening start to form. The two combatants part and jump away from the widening chaotic drain. Bella is still on fire, her hand is burnt, and the other arm is mostly useless, but she's alive.

Aim: (4,5,3,3)+2

Zamenis sends four flesheating projectiles towards the haulers. Although their courses are warped by massive magical presences, they strike true, to drop one hauler and send two more into agonised spasms. He then switches to the rifle, but the anti-projectile smoke has not dispersed yet. The haulers manage to get back to their feet, but the power source is moving a lot more slowly. It's about a third of the way to the truck, a glowing sphere almost painful to look at.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Rivals
« Reply #976 on: January 03, 2018, 08:09:04 am »

Drop the illusion, she's not reacting to it, and my beauty may be a better shield than the disguise.  Talk to her, try to confuse her as to what is happening for a moment.  She means harm, but maybe she'd be better off harming someone else, like the guys ripping apart the rest of her group?  Maybe instead of killing me outright she'd rather try to capture me?  Use the light powers to make a big red arrow in the sky pointing down at my attacker.  Next, retreat, trying to lure her into the open where the others can attack her.  Fire a pistol shot at my attacker should she start getting close.  Lastly, take this opportunity to upgrade my crystal wand to level 2.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:54:47 pm by Devastator »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 03, 2018, 11:33:46 am »

(Well shit, i was inactive here for a long time...)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 03, 2018, 11:39:43 am »

(Well shit, i was inactive here for a long time...)
Only a turn or two, really... I had to slow down quite a bit before Christmas.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 03, 2018, 01:11:08 pm »

Oh, anyway, can i get a quick recap of what happened?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 03, 2018, 02:22:04 pm »

We're in the middle of a fairly intense fight for a very brightly glowing object that's a power source.  There's several groups of bad guys.. a few generic dudes pushing (haulers), a couple of combat goons, (2?), a woman with a lightning sword, and a yellow-cloaked alchemist.  There was also a gang of garbage creatures, but they're pretty much toast at this point.

The witches on our side is Ben, who is using a FN Minimi, Zamenis, who has a wand that strips flesh from bone and an assault rifle, (both fine), Don Jones with Giraffe Summons, (intact, but out of puissance) Bella the Speed Witch owner of an upgraded broom and a slaughter machete (on fire and fucked up, but still active.) and Nanami (weak wand, generic pistol, illusions and unnatural beauty.)

We're currently in a confused mess, but the goal is to kill the enemy, while preventing them from pushing the power source to their truck, and waking up their vampiric master.  Bella might have wounded Yellow, the alchemist pretty good there from blowing up his coat, but they seem to have plentiful healing items.  Right now it's the man in yellow, the sword-wielder, and the spare combat goons, against the four of us.  It'll probably be a couple turns before the haulers can manage to bring the power source to the truck, and we need to put them in the ground.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:50:21 pm by Devastator »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 03, 2018, 02:36:41 pm »

appriciated, thanks for the recap

Run over and slice up the haulers

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 03, 2018, 02:38:00 pm »

"FUCK. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Grab some vial from the alchemist's tunic and burn it with pyromancy. Use whatever that gives me to hurt him in some nondescript way, or maybe to make myself not be on fire if I somehow get Heal Burns. Swoop myself up with my broom, go directly upwards 15 feet, then do a swoop through the canal to put out all the fires, resurface, and lay me down somewhere far away.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 03, 2018, 04:13:41 pm »

Out of puissance and can't use any projectiles?
Take out my Certificate from the demon Belial himself, which forces any magical creature or person to give me their least potent magical substance for free. Demand the yellow dude to stop fighting and give me one of his least potent alchemical liquids, unless he wants to defy the power Belial. You know, Belial the soul eater and the demon in charge of London.
Of course pray for Belial and hope this works.

((This is so stupid but I can't do anything else.))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:16:20 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Rivals
« Reply #984 on: January 04, 2018, 01:31:28 am »

Ben will continue shooting, though now that there's no easy unengaged targets he'll aim more, fire less.  I'm not certain who exactly is visible, but in order of priority he'll shoot at: The swordswoman attacking Nanami, any mooks that are still on their feet, and finally yellowcoat if he's the only target left.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 04, 2018, 08:42:37 am »

Wait for recharge, summon Giraffes on the haulers if they're clear of the orb, the truck driver otherwise.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Out of the frying pan, into the steamer
« Reply #986 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:58 pm »

Ben will continue shooting, though now that there's no easy unengaged targets he'll aim more, fire less.  I'm not certain who exactly is visible, but in order of priority he'll shoot at: The swordswoman attacking Nanami, any mooks that are still on their feet, and finally yellowcoat if he's the only target left.

Ben aims slowly, before firing at the hauler that just assulted Bella, who now stands clear of the mist.

3+3 vs 3+1

The leather-coated figure runs for cover, diving into a doorway, but not before taking a shot or two to the stomach. He collapses against the door, just out of Ben's range.

Out of puissance and can't use any projectiles?
Take out my Certificate from the demon Belial himself, which forces any magical creature or person to give me their least potent magical substance for free. Demand the yellow dude to stop fighting and give me one of his least potent alchemical liquids, unless he wants to defy the power Belial. You know, Belial the soul eater and the demon in charge of London.
Of course pray for Belial and hope this works.

((This is so stupid but I can't do anything else.))

Rit: 2

Your certificate folds itself into a paper aeroplane and flies towards the alchemist, catching fire halfway there as it passes over Bella's magical disturbance. In response, a vial leaps towards your outstretched hand. You fumble it, and it shatters against the pavement, and weird ferns immediately sprout up between the cracks at your feet.

Wait for recharge, summon Giraffes on the haulers if they're clear of the orb, the truck driver otherwise.
Drop the illusion, she's not reacting to it, and my beauty may be a better shield than the disguise.  Talk to her, try to confuse her as to what is happening for a moment.  She means harm, but maybe she'd be better off harming someone else, like the guys ripping apart the rest of her group?  Maybe instead of killing me outright she'd rather try to capture me?  Use the light powers to make a big red arrow in the sky pointing down at my attacker.  Next, retreat, trying to lure her into the open where the others can attack her.  Fire a pistol shot at my attacker should she start getting close.  Lastly, take this opportunity to upgrade my crystal wand to level 2.
Nanami attempts to convince her assailant not to kill her. It's worked on mortals, but the woman is clearly a magical adept, and made of sterner stuff. She pleasantly admits that while stabbing the useless mook in front of her might not be the truly optimal course of action, she's just going to do it anyway.

2+2 vs 3+2

Don Joe sees Bella getting trapped, and manages to call upon his demons for a final time, the last of his puissance draining with a painful ache. The eerily chanting demons spring up through the floor, and glide around the leather-coated warrior, who slashes at them once or twice, sending some heads crackling to the ground, before leaping towards Nanami, who makes a painfully inept attempt at evasion.

3+1 vs 4+3-1

Nanami fires at her, but the warrior drops into a graceful roll that explodes into a horizontal slash. Nanami tries to duck away, but the blow catches her trailing hand, and she ends up one pistol and a few fingers short. Her assailant strides forward for the killing blow as she upgrades her glass crystal wand.

Four new spells. One feels like a more powerful version of the shard missile, for 3P. One applies to objects, and feels sort of defensive: two puissance. One applies to you somehow (five puissance), and the last one you're not sure about (8P).

((Do you want me to start keeping track of these somewhere? I can do that.))

"FUCK. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Grab some vial from the alchemist's tunic and burn it with pyromancy. Use whatever that gives me to hurt him in some nondescript way, or maybe to make myself not be on fire if I somehow get Heal Burns. Swoop myself up with my broom, go directly upwards 15 feet, then do a swoop through the canal to put out all the fires, resurface, and lay me down somewhere far away.

6, 6-1, vs 2+2

The alchemist continues to take punishing blows from the ironclad construct, who is at this point wearing a bit thin, the light shining through her face. The ground around them is flooded with blood as neither has managed to break the stalemate of chemical healing against sword chops. Bella runs into the middle of this, snatches a satchel from the alchemist's hand as he prepares a potion, and burns it, tossing the rest of the satchel into the occult sinkhole nearby. It belches gratefully, and turns a shade of carcinogenic orange, expanding further. It is almost kissing one wheel of the truck.

As the alchemist curses and returns to the cycle of being hit over the head with a sword for another turn, Bella gains a very strange single-use pyromancy. Not clear what it does, she avoids thinking and acts.

Obligatory Agility Roll: 2+3

Bella then grabs her broom, flies up and towards the canal, and dives straight into the water. Which puts out the fires, but happens to be boiling hot. Horiffically scalded, she bursts from the simmering canal water amid clouds of steam, and collapses onto a bank screaming in agony.

appriciated, thanks for the recap

Run over and slice up the haulers
2+2.5+1 vs 5, 6

In a brief interval between gunshots, flying potions and bursts of flame, Steve sprints across the battlefield, past the truck covered in human remains and electrical equipment, around the widening pool of magical residue in the centre of the road, over the burning remains of a trash-golem and towards one of the leather-clad figures, who have managed to drag the bright-shining power source to a few metres from the sinkhole. He manages to get a kidney slice in on one, before the other one turns around and punches him.

Right now, the truck with the coffin and necromantic paraphenalia on it is parked across the road and someway down from Zamenis, Ben and Don Joe. A few bones are now moving on metal hinges, flexing as if tasting the air. Behind it are Nanami and the lightning-broadsword user. At the end of the truck is the magically created sinkhole, which is benefitting from the occult energy in the air as much as anyone present. A few feet beyond that, the alchemist is struggling to finish the metal-clad warrior after repeated interruptions. A few feet further, and Ben stands among the two surviving haulers. And after that there is only the massive sphere of incandescent energy.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 09, 2018, 03:58:23 pm »

"I don't really know what was I expecting to happen."
Start healing Bella's wounds using that first aid kit I bought a while ago. Try to close the wounds and stop any bleeding then cleaning the wounds to avoid infection, then use any ointment for burns. Or whatever my medical knowledge tells me to do in this situation.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 09, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »

Don Joe slumps, worn out, taking deep breaths. "I'm out of energy right now, cover me please."

Pull back from the ledge and try and feel out my summon. What does it feel like it does, what is the aura the creatures give off. Also grab a knife from Ben's bag. Preferably not bloody.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:05:23 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:10 pm »

I always though that it was a sharp curved sword, only now i realised that its actually a shard curved sword...
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 86