Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154074 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2017, 09:09:04 am »

Remove skin and some meat from the leg until its small enough to become a wand (like the bone but with some meat still attached to it)
 then make the thing a wand.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2017, 09:19:38 am »

((Staff?  Although those supposedly have more defensive powers, and usually operate off melee.))

((Don't take this as a recommendation, though, I do want to see what a meaty bone wand does, too.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:22:12 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2017, 10:14:07 am »

((Staff?  Although those supposedly have more defensive powers, and usually operate off melee.))

((Don't take this as a recommendation, though, I do want to see what a meaty bone wand does, too.))
(That is the idea, i wanted to make a meaty bone wand, not just a bone want. Maybe it will have vein tendrils or blood stuff)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 07, 2017, 02:42:44 pm »

While RandomMcMageGuy is still unconscious: "Well, bugger. It was worth a shot. Do you know a demon that could give me the ability to create magically-binding life-debts, then?"

Interrogate Random McMageGuy to find out where the evil spirit is. Imply that I did, in fact, make his life-debt magically binding. Keep him tied up for now, though- if he asks why, give some cryptic response that diverts the subject in some way.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:07:07 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 07, 2017, 04:31:21 pm »

"Sure, m'aim!"

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure to fully disarm Ben before loading him up. If that mean stripping him naked to be sure he doesn't have anything hidden, so be it. If he seems generally willing, load him up on the broom and zip back to vince's as quick as can be. If not, punch his lights out from a high speed broom and then do that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

((Aww. Fine, no bag of holding then.))

Alright then, lets start cooking! Crush some frogspawn and dump resulting mess into distillator with some river water and pig blood, mix properly and cook some nifty boosting potions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 08, 2017, 01:22:14 pm »

I'm going to look around for that loose part of the Reality I Saw earlyer, and look for a way to force myself through it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 12, 2017, 09:59:01 am »

Well shit,slowly get out of there without making much noise and if they see me im gonna run
You haul ass out of the firework shop, and retreat to a newsagent's nearby. Far enough away that nobody sniffing round the fireworks shop will be bothered to look, but still with a vantage on the massive stone monolith.

((Aww. Fine, no bag of holding then.))

Alright then, lets start cooking! Crush some frogspawn and dump resulting mess into distillator with some river water and pig blood, mix properly and cook some nifty boosting potions.
Erm... alright. Actually magical ingredients be damned, you get to work.

4+1

You crush the frogspawn, grinding through the eggs and letting the untapped life essence of the creatures flow freely, tiny lines of light swirling and glimmering. Unhurriedly, you pour the delicate mixture into the distillator. The traces glow, recognising their natural element, before mingling with the pink clouds of blood. Agitated, the ichor rushes and bubbles as you turn on the heat, as it remembers the warm seas held inside it for so many generations, the origin of animal life. Heating the mixture suffuses it with a rosy glow, and the vapours push at the lid of the teapot, swirling with vitality, before rolling down into the pipe. Several minutes later, a clear, light pink liquid has built up, red points like sparks appearing and then dissipating from time to time.

After bottling it, a brief look tells you that the potion is imbued with growth and rebirth, and can be used to minister to the flesh. It is capable of healing or replacing some flesh and blood, although there is only enough for one person to take, and it will not heal broken bones or the deepest wounds.

Magical ingredients will produce more potent brews.

I'm going to look around for that loose part of the Reality I Saw earlyer, and look for a way to force myself through it.
Sight: 4+3=7

You wander around, searching for weaknesses in the boundaries of reality. Your find yourself moving towards the water. Walking the perimeter of the lake, you notice that the other dimension seems closest where the lake is dark and muddy, or where it is deep in shadow. If only you could make part of the lake darker, you reason, the dimension would be brought close enough that you could just wriggle in.

While RandomMcMageGuy is still unconscious: "Well, bugger. It was worth a shot. Do you know a demon that could give me the ability to create magically-binding life-debts, then?"

Interrogate Random McMageGuy to find out where the evil spirit is. Imply that I did, in fact, make his life-debt magically binding. Keep him tied up for now, though- if he asks why, give some cryptic response that diverts the subject in some way.
He gives you an address in a suburb somewhere: an abandoned building site. He seems to believe that disobeying you wuold be a bad plan, and doesn't ask why you tie him up.

Remove skin and some meat from the leg until its small enough to become a wand (like the bone but with some meat still attached to it)
 then make the thing a wand.

You begin the grisly task with Vince's kitchen knives. A stout, bald man, he wanders through with a beer, grunts at you in recognition, and strolls into the garden. The sounds of an interrogation and pleading come from the living room, but you work on, stripping flesh away purposefully.

Once you have a bones wrapped with ropes of meat and sinew, you push a clot into it, imbuing it with magical power. A little experimentation lets you work out what your three spells are.

The first costs one puissance to use, and fires a single blunt bone, the size of a normal person's humerus maybe. It is unlikely to be particularly effective, but might knock someone out at close range. Wide sprays and volleys might also pound someone into submission, or at least disrupt their movements.

The second costs two puissance. You fire a magical projectile, almost invisible, that strips away flesh almost to the bone where it hits. After testing it on a mortal once, you hurriedly leave.

The third spell is very odd. It can be used on a skeleton or mostly decomposed corpse, of any animal, though larger ones require more puissance. New flesh writhes from the old bones, joinging them together again into a skeletal construct, capable of movement and action. These creatures are stupid and weak, frames of bone loosely held together by ropes of meat, but can be directed by the wand. Pretty gruesome actually, but a good base for necromancy, in case you or a friend wants to go down that route.

"Sure, m'aim!"

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure to fully disarm Ben before loading him up. If that mean stripping him naked to be sure he doesn't have anything hidden, so be it. If he seems generally willing, load him up on the broom and zip back to vince's as quick as can be. If not, punch his lights out from a high speed broom and then do that.
"Oi, Bella, get Ben out of here.  I gotta hold the fort."

Go over to Ben and the two guys near him.  Police Ben's weapons  (ensure they're not in anyone's hands, and packed away if it's relevant and time permits).  Use my sensuality to keep those two guys subdued.
Rationalize this as a perfectly normal symptom of dementia, and disbelieve, as dementia is entirely in the mind.  Also, try to hold still; thrashing around won't do anything helpful.

3, 1 vs 1

Nanami manages to kick away Ben's bag of knives, nearly breaking a toe against the automatic weapon. Bella flies back at breakneck speed, but is still fifty metres away when Ben stops thrashing and adopts a low and ready stance. His eyes are different: narrow and shifting, and fixed on the bag a dozen metres away. Nanami is currently the only thing between him and it. And Ben is very, very fast.

So I think I know what Bella wants to do. And I know what Ben is going to do. But I don't know what Nanami is going to do.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 12, 2017, 10:14:56 am »

I bet 14 bones launched to the head at close range are lethal enough
Go to one of the spots to find a source of power, maybe one that already has other witches so I can assist with stuff and watch how profesionals do this stuff. Use my broom in the way to practice with it. Also keep one of the biggest knifes I found on the kitchen.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:18:33 pm by randomgenericusername »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 12, 2017, 10:28:16 am »

"You shouldn't have done that."

Drop the illusion on Bella.. she's too far away anyway to get it and I may need the puissance.

Step out of the way of Ben and the bag of gear, turn towards the gear bag and the large stone, and fire two shots of spell #2 at the rock.  Then draw the pistol and aim at the bag.  Should the mind-controlled Ben get the P90, shoot him.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:01:23 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #670 on: August 12, 2017, 11:01:09 am »

I assume I no longer have control over Ben?  Well, in case I do, he's going to go for his equipment and then take cover while evaluating the situation.  And he'll attack Bella if she tries to interfere with him.

...Somehow I have the feeling that it doesn't matter whether I have control...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 12, 2017, 01:19:50 pm »

What was Vince's answer to my question?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 12, 2017, 01:56:53 pm »

Shit, didn't see. He gives you an address; some legal building or something.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 12, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »

Too far away? You wot, I'm the SPEED WITCH, bitch!

Fly in and grab the bag of weapons.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 13, 2017, 02:29:44 am »

Shit, didn't see. He gives you an address; some legal building or something.
Go there. Inquire about, uh, whatever ability I mentioned earlier. I'm procrastinating at 2:30 in the morning right now and I'm too tired to go check myself.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86