Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154078 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #645 on: August 01, 2017, 02:31:06 pm »

Buy medical tools for surgery, and a first aid kit. Return to the base and search it for meaty stuff, tendons and bones.
If I happen to find a leg from the guy who lost his legs, make that a wand.
Later, try a test flight on my broom. How fast can I go? Maybe go find the others with my broom.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:13:48 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 01, 2017, 02:34:35 pm »

I'm going to stomp around the area a bit more, Make some more threats, and look for any monsters I can legally and unobtrusively blow the brains out of.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 01, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »

((So I can use Biotechnical to incorporate animal organs into my alchemy set? Sounds like fun times for whole family!))

Get back to Vince's carage and start re-building my alchemy set. The coffee machine (assuming I can get heating elements work), teapot, copper pipe and one set of rubber tubing coiled around the pipe makes a fine set for distilling stuff. Hmm, I need mortar and pestle to crush stuff into fine snortable dust. Buy those (cheap) if I can't salvage anything from kitchen or trashcans. Hmm, I'm not sure what other stuff an alchemist needs, but there are probably more. Those can wait until basics are set up.

Use one clot to produce a Backpack of Holding.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 01, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »

Hey, randomgenericusername, if you still need a human bone, I actually have a human femur, a human skull, and some human tendons stored back at the base. I'm planning to use them to create a fear/death/necromancy wand (as I tore them out of an incredibly scared/shocked mugger), but perhaps we can negotiate something later.

"If it is such a simple folk magic trick, then you shall teach it to me. But that is something for a later date, as I see that Goethe here has caused you quite a great deal of harm. I'd wager that you have, oh, half an hour or so to live. Fortunately for you, I know of a place that can heal you. But there shall be a price for saving your life- you must swear a life-debt to me before I will take you there. And if you think that death will be an alternative to serving me for the rest of your days..." Sir Worthington IV chuckles evilly to himself. "Do you know how agonizing it is to have your soul burnt away? I've heard that the pain is so unbearable that even great heroes will beg for the pain to stop."

If Random McMageGuy swears a life-debt to me, bring him and Goethe back to Vince, who will be able to heal both Random and Goethe and make the life-debt magically binding.

If Random McMageGuy declines... Interrogate him to find out where the evil spirit is, then burn him alive to learn a new pyromancy skill. Then loot his apartment and burn whatever I leave behind in order to learn another new pyromancy. Take Goethe back to Vince so that she may be healed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:11:07 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 01, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »

"Hey,you got something that does more of a boom then a bang if you know what i mean"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 01, 2017, 04:43:31 pm »

Hey, randomgenericusername, if you still need a human bone, I actually have a human femur, a human skull, and some human tendons stored back at the base. I'm planning to use them to create a fear/death/necromancy wand (as I tore them out of an incredibly scared/shocked mugger), but perhaps we can negotiate something later.
I woulld like have the femur and tendons. Where are you? Maybe I can just return to the base and get the bones myself.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:00 pm »

I woulld like have the femur and tendons. Where are you? Maybe I can just return to the base and get the bones myself.
Actually, thinking about it... We've still preserved my lost leg, haven't we? You can probably get your femur and tendons from that, and whatever you create out of them might have an affinity for pyromancy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 01, 2017, 04:52:07 pm »

Actually, thinking about it... We've still preserved my lost leg, haven't we? You can probably get your femur and tendons from that, and whatever you create out of them might have an affinity for pyromancy.
Uh, you dont want your leg? Whatever, I will take it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 01, 2017, 04:55:44 pm »

Uh, you dont want your leg? Whatever, I will take it.
Nah, according to the GM, if I burned it, I would only (re)learn the pyromancy spells that I had when I lost my legs (I just remembered that I'd lost both of them, so I guess I'll have one spare), and I'm planning on turning my broom-peglegs into flying broom-peglegs, so I don't really need my old legs. Maybe I can sell the spare one to the techo-necromancers for a tidy sum of money or something later.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 01, 2017, 05:25:14 pm »

((Someone may have eaten your leg.

I don't know how selective Ben is with the 'bacon' supply.

Although there are other legs, so one of them should include the necessary parts.))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:55:47 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #655 on: August 02, 2017, 01:29:47 pm »

((Ben wouldn't have eaten the leg, it's extremely unsanitary to eat meat if you have no idea where it came from.))

Check the guy for any weapons and disarm him, then take the vest out of his mouth, but warn him that if he tries to scream, Ben will stop him by severing his windpipe.

Then, check for anyone else around that saw this.  If anyone is watching, repeat the process of disabling, disarming, and warning.  If nobody is around, drag the man back to Nanami and get into cover.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2017, 04:51:05 am »

Buy medical tools for surgery, and a first aid kit. Return to the base and search it for meaty stuff, tendons and bones.
If I happen to find a leg from the guy who lost his legs, make that a wand.
Later, try a test flight on my broom. How fast can I go? Maybe go find the others with my broom.

You get a scalpel, a first aid kit, a saw, and tweezers. Real medical tools are quite hard to just "buy". Costs you £30, all in all. You find two and a half legs of very sweet, salty smelling meat wrapped in scungy trousers in Vince's fridge. Quite possibly human. I guess that counts as meaty stuff, tendons and bones.

You can't make an entire leg into a wand, it's too big: wands can be flicked around and aimed in one hand, generally. Try something a bit shorter and thinner. Not much longer than the length of your forearm.

Your broom is good for longish hops: about fifty metres across and twenty up is pretty easy. You can also stay up indefinitely by pushing off telephone wires, roofs, that sort of thing. You can go at about twenty mph at most, though that's pushing it on the balance front. An upgraded broom will be faster.

"Hey,you got something that does more of a boom then a bang if you know what i mean"
The shopkeeper looks at you very carefully, and brings out a plain brown paper box, maybe half your size, labelled "industrial fireworks". He then explains that you have to have a special license to buy these normally, but he can make a few phonecalls and sell them to you.

He goes into the back of the shop and starts calling someone. You wander through idly, and notice him asking for the police... Hey! He never said he would do that!

((So I can use Biotechnical to incorporate animal organs into my alchemy set? Sounds like fun times for whole family!))

Get back to Vince's carage and start re-building my alchemy set. The coffee machine (assuming I can get heating elements work), teapot, copper pipe and one set of rubber tubing coiled around the pipe makes a fine set for distilling stuff. Hmm, I need mortar and pestle to crush stuff into fine snortable dust. Buy those (cheap) if I can't salvage anything from kitchen or trashcans. Hmm, I'm not sure what other stuff an alchemist needs, but there are probably more. Those can wait until basics are set up.

Use one clot to produce a Backpack of Holding.

You get a mortar and pestle for a fiver from some guy selling liberated kitchenware. You set up the distillation apparatus in Vince's garage: even has a supply of cold water from a rusty tap. That goes through the rubber tubing, I assume. And you manage to get the heating element to work.

I'll let you put clots into equipment to enhance it, but a backpack of holding is a stretch. You could buy or trade for one at a magic market, but witches don't make these things.

I'm going to stomp around the area a bit more, Make some more threats, and look for any monsters I can legally and unobtrusively blow the brains out of.
You wander around without success. Whatever lurks in the Black Lake dimension is staying there for the time being, and not coming out.

"If it is such a simple folk magic trick, then you shall teach it to me. But that is something for a later date, as I see that Goethe here has caused you quite a great deal of harm. I'd wager that you have, oh, half an hour or so to live. Fortunately for you, I know of a place that can heal you. But there shall be a price for saving your life- you must swear a life-debt to me before I will take you there. And if you think that death will be an alternative to serving me for the rest of your days..." Sir Worthington IV chuckles evilly to himself. "Do you know how agonizing it is to have your soul burnt away? I've heard that the pain is so unbearable that even great heroes will beg for the pain to stop."

If Random McMageGuy swears a life-debt to me, bring him and Goethe back to Vince, who will be able to heal both Random and Goethe and make the life-debt magically binding.

If Random McMageGuy declines... Interrogate him to find out where the evil spirit is, then burn him alive to learn a new pyromancy skill. Then loot his apartment and burn whatever I leave behind in order to learn another new pyromancy. Take Goethe back to Vince so that she may be healed.

The young man swears a life-debt to you, in the name of several ancestor spirits, great natural forces, and both his parent's lives. He's pretty docile, terrified and injured as he is. Funny how people lose the initiative like that.

You take the two of them back to Vince, who heals their injuries. He just stares at you for a bit when you explain to him that you want the life-debt made magically binding, before explaining that as far as he knows, that's not a thing that can happen.

"Okay guys, I think we're mostly done here.  Ben, you can continue disarming these people, but don't gag them, we need to be able to talk."

"Bella, you're on overwatch, make sure people stay down until Ben disarms them, and watch those birds."

"Ron, keep us backed up and stay blanked, it's still trying to use mental attacks, and we may need your help."

Talk to the stone or whoever the stone is talking through.  Say that I asked for surrender.  What that means is we disarm your soldiers and don't get mentally attacked.  In return we don't kill any more of your servants, don't destroy you, and give you an opportunity to negotiate with the boss.  If you literally can't shut off the mental attacks, we can handle the negotiations and disarmament at a safe spot.
((Ben wouldn't have eaten the leg, it's extremely unsanitary to eat meat if you have no idea where it came from.))

Check the guy for any weapons and disarm him, then take the vest out of his mouth, but warn him that if he tries to scream, Ben will stop him by severing his windpipe.

Then, check for anyone else around that saw this.  If anyone is watching, repeat the process of disabling, disarming, and warning.  If nobody is around, drag the man back to Nanami and get into cover.

Take a quick swoop at the rock so I can kick it for getting in my mind. Don't kick it hard enough to hurt my leg; yes I know it's a hard rock, I'm not trying to damage it. If that doesn't cause something catastrophic, swoop back over to the industrial area and keep them guys suppressed. Try out a roar with this disguise on.
The rock can't say anything. It's a rock. Maybe it heard what Nanami said, who knows.

Bella lands beside it and kicks it gingerly. The lights on it shimmer a bit brighter, then go back to normal. Bella flies back over the industrial area and roars unimpressively, flying over the heads of the sheltering guards.

And Ben meanwhile begins frothing at the mouth a little, and falls to the ground, moaning unintelligibly and thrashing. At this moment, Nanami realises that Ben, their best fighter, is the only one without any magical defences.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2017, 05:13:22 am »

"Oi, Bella, get Ben out of here.  I gotta hold the fort."

Go over to Ben and the two guys near him.  Police Ben's weapons  (ensure they're not in anyone's hands, and packed away if it's relevant and time permits).  Use my sensuality to keep those two guys subdued.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:22:59 am by Devastator »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2017, 05:28:52 am »

Well shit,slowly get out of there without making much noise and if they see me im gonna run
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2017, 09:03:11 am »

Rationalize this as a perfectly normal symptom of dementia, and disbelieve, as dementia is entirely in the mind.  Also, try to hold still; thrashing around won't do anything helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 86