Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153754 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #600 on: July 21, 2017, 12:39:14 pm »

(Meant to fire three shots.  Not enough time?)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 21, 2017, 12:41:06 pm »

(Meant to fire three shots.  Not enough time?)
Yikes, sry. Read that wrong. Consider yourself as having two free shots next turn if you like.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 21, 2017, 01:01:14 pm »

"We already know everything.  Surrender properly, all of you, and you get to live."

Bluff.  Also, shoot five shots of crystal at that guy after saying that.

Put an illusion on the newcomer, making her and her broom look like a big armoured birdman, and wrap a glowy silver light around her sword.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:29:47 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 21, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »

"Uh, what's up? You guys need help with anything?"

Remain hovering in the air. Survey the area that those guys appear to have been guarding.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 21, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »

"Yeah, go wreck them.  You want to go in loud or quiet?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 21, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »

"Loud or quiet doesn't matter so long as it's fast! Uh, which guys were we wrecking, again?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 21, 2017, 03:21:03 pm »

"These goons are doing something to or with the river.  They're up to something bad, and should also have something valuable here.  Be nice to have at least one alive, but feel free to kill anyone too dumb to sit it out."

"You want me to put a disguise on you?  Something big and dangerous or small and unnoticeable?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 21, 2017, 03:23:27 pm »

"Ah, yeah, sounds good."

"I didn't hear the word 'quick' in there, so I dunno why you'd be bothered!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 21, 2017, 03:26:24 pm »

"You'll have to do the quick, it just changes how you look.  Big and flashy should go with quick, though."

"Now go do some damage, just watch out for the guns."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:40:19 pm by Devastator »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 22, 2017, 12:39:51 am »

"This is probably it" Steve thinks...
Wait for a clearence to get down there
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 22, 2017, 01:08:50 am »

"Just a Question, not for the machine, but do you have any other jobs for questions?"
if they DO, then take the tool and a new job, if they don't, Ask the following question: "If I asked where the most powerful, and least accessible magical powersource which th' coven I am in could acquire, what would the false answers most likely answer?"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 22, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »

Purge the nest with (un?)holy fire worms.

Then head over to OceanSoul and help him out with the string stuff.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 25, 2017, 08:07:32 am »

"Uh, what's up? You guys need help with anything?"

Remain hovering in the air. Survey the area that those guys appear to have been guarding.
Your allies stand on a walkway between the canal and a fence overgrown with brambles. The canal leads to a bridge which passes overhead and then into a park. Beyond the fence is a wide expanse of dirt, with a few massive piles of earth and a couple of cranes, digging equipment, etc. From where you are over the canal, the left side of the dirt is a park of some kind bounded by a raised walkway which slopes gently down on both sides. On the right you see a railway and a mass of piping, industrial devices, pylons, concrete blocks, all that kinda stuff. You think you catch a few figures in the industrial bit moving around.

The strangest thing is the sizeable crater in the dirt, and the meteorite mostly buried in the centre. The size of an SUV, it glimmers faintly from certain points. You percieve that it is some form of sentient magical entity, and that while it poses no threat in terms of the scale of its weapons, it has certain powerful magical tools that could be used indirectly. You can't work out much more than that.

Purge the nest with (un?)holy fire worms.

Then head over to OceanSoul and help him out with the string stuff.

You bathe the nest in acid, and then follow the string. Oceansoul hasn't posted for a bit, but I'll give him until next turn. After that, you'll walk in on him, the security guard, and the guy with the katana.

"Just a Question, not for the machine, but do you have any other jobs for questions?"
if they DO, then take the tool and a new job, if they don't, Ask the following question: "If I asked where the most powerful, and least accessible magical powersource which th' coven I am in could acquire, what would the false answers most likely answer?"
The abbot smiles at you and says that he does indeed have other jobs you could do. So you take up their offer of the unwanted tool, and they rummage around in the basement for a bit before giving it to you.

The Omni-tool is an odd thing. It starts in a black handle, just long enough to grip comfortably in one hand, and culminates in a metal cuboid about a foot long, a few inches across. The Abbot explains that you must simply apply it to a problem, and, depending on the skill of the user, it will give them the tools to combat the problem. He stresses that while it will generally produce some kind of fix, the user must be technically skilled and ready to improvise. Some saint or scholar of theirs produced it, but they eventually decided using it was more trouble than it was worth.

The monk takes you into his office to explain the next favour they need. A strange creature has been occupying a certain minor dimension known as the Black Lake nearby. A small, self-contained separate world that can only be accessed from a particular pond, at night. This would normally be endurable, but the creature has taken to luring clients and even monks into the dimension, and they are generally never heard from again. It operates in the daytime, using various constructs and illusions as bait. You are required to go there and somehow intimidate the creature into leaving. Killing it is allowed but not required; the monks' device has determined that the thing is tough but cowardly and may be driven off more easily than it may be killed. Essentially, you must scare the thing away, intimidate it.

The monks would do this themselves, but embarassingly, the Abbot and his archivists have lost any knowledge of how to access the dimension, and don't want anyone to know. Monasteries can be very... political places, he tells you, and if anyone found out, unscrupulous individuals in search of power might be tempted to challenge his position.

He has some evidence that you must access the Black Lake or "Lacusa Atremento" by making your reality resemble it in some way, always at night, always by the pond. Also, it used to be very easily entered, and difficulties only emerged in the past fifty years. Apart from that, he doesn't know how to enter it, except for being captured by the creature.

"This is probably it" Steve thinks...
Wait for a clearence to get down there
You wait a few hours but the two golems at the door don't move. Looks like you'd have to either run past them, which would be risky, take them out (dangerous/difficult) or create a distraction somehow.

"Do I look like an idiot?"

Like hell.  He gets his throat slashed too.

Then Ben will loot their corpses.

"We already know everything.  Surrender properly, all of you, and you get to live."

Bluff.  Also, shoot five shots of crystal at that guy after saying that.

Put an illusion on the newcomer, making her and her broom look like a big armoured birdman, and wrap a glowy silver light around her sword.

"Deal accepted. Have the warrior climb the fence and talk to me."

You pepper the man's head and body with shards of crystal from nearly point-blank range, before Ben cuts his throat.

Ben collects £20 and a nondescript pistol from the bodies, as well as a set of keys and a passcard. One of the keys is for a vehicle of some sort.

Prac: 1+2

Nanami manages to sketch a vague and abstract illusion, with a suggestion of monstrousness and feathers about Bella, and a glow suffusing her machete and sword hand. It's hard to get anything done as the witch constantly changes position, and the illusion will constantly take one puissance, as it requires a continuous line of energy to maintain while Bella shifts and moves.

The illusion will fool someone for a moment into thinking Bella is more arcane than she actually is, but won't trick powerful or perceptive magical beings for very long. Mortals will be completely terrified.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 25, 2017, 08:57:09 am »

i will stealthly search the area in the shops around me to see if i can find something useful
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86