Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153804 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two Finished
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2017, 09:36:02 am »

"Now, hold up for just one second, mate. At least tell me what the stuff does first!"

Provides he doesn't tell me that it turns me into a zombies or steals my magic power or something, take some.
Yum, magic drugs.

Hang out for a while and then go back to the market on foot. Probably best not to Fly Under the Influence. And get ye chit!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2017, 02:11:52 pm »

I'll take A Nap, eat some non-human based food, Drink some water, and generally take care of my basic needs for a bit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2017, 08:09:35 pm »

Disarm the survivor if he still has a weapon, restrain him with my paintbrush (as mentioned before), then bottle up some blood from him, take one of his leg bones, take a sizeable number of his tendons, and finally take his skull. Try to keep him alive for all but the last bit (using my paintbrush to cover up his wounds if necessary), but if he dies, keep scavenging the remaining parts from him. Scavenge up a backpack or something to hold all this stuff; it's probably not good to be seen carrying it. See how much the blood will sell for at a necromantic shop (like, say, that necro-computermancy place). Emphasize that the victim died while in extreme pain, fear, and shock (only if that's true, of course). Inquire about how one would go about becoming a lich (or something similar). Could a demon do it? Then, store my ill-gotten gains at home and prepare myself for my next mission.

You go out and near-silently murder a homeless man, then chop a leg off and wrap it in a handy tarpaulin, then go back to Vince's for a roast. As it says in that Dating Advice book you either wrote or hallucinated, a good provider will always put food on the table.
Man, this game is the best.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, get everyone on the team to update each other on what's happened since we split up. I might be willing to cooperate with that person that can pierce the veil between realities, for example.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:23:06 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »

After that, head to Vince's place and see if there's basic cooking gear there, such as a stove and a few pots, as I'd like to work on something for a wand and need something like that.  If there aren't any such things, go out and buy an electric hotplate and a saucepan.  Two saucepans, as at least one of them is going to contain something poisionous.

Ben will obstruct this action if she goes for any of the good cookware that he uses, he doesn't want some random woman screwing it up with her harebrained culinary ideas.  She gets the crappy pans, or none at all.

Edit: Ben will share some war bacon with her, and perhaps regale her with some old war stories if she stays around long enough.  She still doesn't get the nice cookware.

((And yeah, this game is awesome.  I made Ben as a joke character that I expected to die pretty quick, but I'm quite thoroughly enjoying playing him.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2017, 11:37:56 pm »

"Mark your own stuff, then, and I won't use it.  What are you cooking, anyway?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Two Finished
« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:26 am »

"War Bacon, nice recipe I learned from the locals back when I was helping clean up Germany.  Burned their fields, but those nazis were clever as hell--more've 'em you shoot, more food they stock.  Want some?  It'll be better to eat than whatever new age granola soup you were thinking of, swear on my gun."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2017, 11:30:19 am »

"Oh, this isn't going to be granola soup.  And sure, I'll have some.  Only friendly after all."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 03, 2017, 07:59:08 am »

"Now, hold up for just one second, mate. At least tell me what the stuff does first!"

Provides he doesn't tell me that it turns me into a zombies or steals my magic power or something, take some.
Yum, magic drugs.

Hang out for a while and then go back to the market on foot. Probably best not to Fly Under the Influence. And get ye chit!

The Chit signs itself off, then rewrites itself as a complex voucher and snuggles into your pocket.

He tells you that the stuff's completely harmless, and results in a gentle and mellow high. His name's Victor, by the way.

He talks about his aristocratic yet lonely upbringing as he prepares the batch, melting the shards of crystal in a round bottomed flash of rosé
and sprinkling in handfuls of deep red rose petals. Describing the fall of his noble father's fortunes until the family was unable to support even the meagrest of servants, he delicately measures out quantities of sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, before pouring them in over a red zircon amulet held up to his dark, golden eyes in the gloom. As his nimble fingers coax in qdrops of amber liquid that attempt to flow against gravity, he recounts how he had to bury his parents alone in the family cemetery, before sealing the creaking and ancient house in time, and working his way to London to prosper and rebuild his family fortune. As his strong cheekbones catch the flickering torchlight, he describes his steady accumulation of wealth and power in London, ceaselessly accumulating wealth and power. Finally, he tosses in a single minute golden sphere, and the murky brew in the flask clears and shines like fire.

Victor pours out the mixture into two crystal goblets, before toasting your health and swigging back his. You do likewise, and a warm glow suffuses your general being. It's mellow alright. You continue talking about Victor's monetary growth and refusal to be crushed by his desperate loneliness and need for human contact. And then you catch a movement in your peripheral vision. It seems like one of the statues changed position slightly. Ignoring it, you turn your attention back to the incredibly handsome and rich man in front of you.

The movement starts again. You break away from Victor's commanding gaze and turn.

Yup, the statues are definitely getting up and walking creakingly towards you. If they were even statues in the first place. There are about twenty of them, ten male and ten female, each perfectly formed and white as marble. And from the looks on their faces, you're in for  pretty enjoyable carnal temptations.

"Yeah, it's totally normal to hallucinate stuff," Victor tells you, "I wouldn't worry about it at all, just enjoy whatever comes. It's always great. So we were talking about getting you a job, yeah?"

I'll take A Nap, eat some non-human based food, Drink some water, and generally take care of my basic needs for a bit.
Good plan. You do so cheaply.

Disarm the survivor if he still has a weapon, restrain him with my paintbrush (as mentioned before), then bottle up some blood from him, take one of his leg bones, take a sizeable number of his tendons, and finally take his skull. Try to keep him alive for all but the last bit (using my paintbrush to cover up his wounds if necessary), but if he dies, keep scavenging the remaining parts from him. Scavenge up a backpack or something to hold all this stuff; it's probably not good to be seen carrying it. See how much the blood will sell for at a necromantic shop (like, say, that necro-computermancy place). Emphasize that the victim died while in extreme pain, fear, and shock (only if that's true, of course). Inquire about how one would go about becoming a lich (or something similar). Could a demon do it? Then, store my ill-gotten gains at home and prepare myself for my next mission.

You go out and near-silently murder a homeless man, then chop a leg off and wrap it in a handy tarpaulin, then go back to Vince's for a roast. As it says in that Dating Advice book you either wrote or hallucinated, a good provider will always put food on the table.
Man, this game is the best.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, get everyone on the team to update each other on what's happened since we split up. I might be willing to cooperate with that person that can pierce the veil between realities, for example.
You get his knife, which is good, because otherwise you were gonna have to use your fingernails to cut the guy up. Dragging the man behind the dumpster, you perform the series of bloodthirsty and illegal acts described, and buy a backpack. You're splattered with blood, by the way, which might be a problem if you see a policeman or something.

You find the shop described earlier, for the sake of brevity, and offer them the blood. They'll give you about £25 for it, to encourage you more than anything else. Becoming a lich, eh? You mean cheating death? Well, there are a number of steps.

1) The ending of your body's natural growth and regeneration. Because the cellular clock ticks inevitably towards death and ruin, as oxidants burn through mitochondria and grey matter droops and detaches. So you're going to have to die to stop your cells renewing. And you're going to look a lot like a corpse, by the way. You can also say goodbye to any ideas about being healed too: that just won't be an option anymore.
2) You need a phylactery, an object that manipulates power, through which you channel life into yourself. You'll need to be able to ingest something you can't take from people without killing them; it doesn't matter what. Sunglasses that suck out people's minds? A drinking straw that drains their cereberal fluid? A porous ring you wear that absorbs blood when plunged deep into someone's still beating heart? Any of these would do, though keep in mind you'll be dependent on whatever they extract. You can create a phylactery with just one clot, but it will warp your nature as an undead.
3) Sacrificing a part of your magical nature. This basically means going down by one in a stat and a skill of your choosing.

Becoming a lich is difficult, but there are a lot of upsides to being immune to death, if not destruction.

Next order of business is to get a recording device and to designate some powers.

First, buy a backpack so I can carry more stuff than just what's in my hands.  Second, head to a public library, (or wherever's most convienent) and write up the first of the storyline posts.  List the MC as a human magic user called a witch, and list her witch powers as the following:

First, magic sight that can be toggled, and a spell that allows someone or something else to see the magical world temporarily.  It's the explanation for the videos and such that will later follow.  It's also the method of filming said videos.  The on/off effect should be useful for filming purposes as well, as it'll lead to some good visuals.

Witch powers are generally elemental, but how they are expressed is individual to each particular witch.  She has light, which allows her to create bursts of light and to cast basic illusions at short range, with no substance.  Nothing that moves, although she can disguise something that does.

I'm going to need disguise abilities sooner rather than later.

The world described is similar to the real one, except with no mention of demon names or specific demons, although demons in general are okay.  Do mention how humans are essentially cattle for many magical beings, creatures, gods, etc, magical users not exempt.

E-mail these posts to Dave, apologizing and saying that I'll be running around for the next few days and will keep in touch.  Tell Dave this would be the start of the main plotline.  Also, I'd like to kick off the storyline as if it was set at about now, and that the current plotline will be set a while before now, when the character arrived in London.  It'll also allow for the old version of the character to be more amazed at the exploration aspects and the new sights than the current one.

As for the recording device, there should be a college or university campus somewhere.  While using the public computer, look up the name of someone running a research group, preferably a student researcher or a project seeking student volunteers.  Then proceed to the campus in question, find the A/V desk, and use that researchers name to justify borrowing a video camera with the necessary accessories.  When out of sight of the desk, move the camera gear to the backpack.  Then walk away.

After that, head to Vince's place and see if there's basic cooking gear there, such as a stove and a few pots, as I'd like to work on something for a wand and need something like that.  If there aren't any such things, go out and buy an electric hotplate and a saucepan.  Two saucepans, as at least one of them is going to contain something poisionous.
You get the backpack. Right, so your character is able to create illusions and break the boundary between the two worlds. The latter you already have, the former is doable with the following you have, though the illusions won't work on immensely powerful or perceptive magic users. You dazzle a few graduates and walk out with an expensive camera and several memory cards.
Yeah, Vince has saucepans and things like that, pans, a cooker. And a senile veteran cook that will only let you use the small pans.

Ben will obstruct this action if she goes for any of the good cookware that he uses, he doesn't want some random woman screwing it up with her harebrained culinary ideas.  She gets the crappy pans, or none at all.

Edit: Ben will share some war bacon with her, and perhaps regale her with some old war stories if she stays around long enough.  She still doesn't get the nice cookware.

((And yeah, this game is awesome.  I made Ben as a joke character that I expected to die pretty quick, but I'm quite thoroughly enjoying playing him.))
You carve the joint generously and serve, carefully including all the components of a balanced meal: meat, crackling and sauce. Then the two of you settle down to a thrilling account of your involvement in the Franco-Prussian war.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 03, 2017, 08:31:31 am »

So illusions but not projecting light?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 03, 2017, 08:35:45 am »

...Projecting light too, actually. I just missed that.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 03, 2017, 08:53:06 am »

((All ready after this.  Just want to be late for the mission briefing, as I did something big on the turn I was told to get ready.))

Gather some wand material.  Buy some copper sulfate, the kind that makes the lovely blue crystals, and see if I can scrounge up a glass rod, like a beaker stirrer.  Lastly, get some electrical tape to make a handle.  If done, scratch the end of the glass rod and grow a sizeable crystal there, and wrap the opposite end in tape for a handle.  Then use a clot to turn that into a wand.

Use an illusion to look like myself after the deal but before the last round of physical changes.  After that, head over to Dave's and work on writing up more of the existing material from the exploration trips.  Suggest the idea of raising money by taking commissions to visit specific locations in the real world, drawing them how they are in the magical world, along with who and what types of creatures live there.  Do that for a few days, or until I start feeling buzzed again, or more changes occur.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:46:43 am by Devastator »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 03, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »

Inquire as to what the perks of lichdom would be. Also, ask how often I would have to "feed".

What about vampirism?

Sell the blood, then return to base and put my other spoils of war in a freezer or something. Also, wash myself off.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:39 pm »

Let's see this 'real-life applications of Python' thing.
Spoiler: inb4 (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2017, 03:30:52 pm »

"Uh, yeah, sure. I actually already work for this guy Vince, but he's kinda a dick so I wouldn't mind something else. Uh, hold on, this seems like it's going to be pretty distracting..."

Yeah, okay, let's enjoy the company of these lovely illusions.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2017, 06:04:36 am »

bump?  I think we're just waiting on the mission.  If you'd prefer me cutting it out and just going on the mission, I'm fine with that.  I haven't pumped any stats yet but illusions and seduction are useful by themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 86