Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153595 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Two Finished
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2017, 08:04:20 pm »

Ben walks up behind Goethe, casually munching on some war bacon.  "Hey, there's worse fates, Gothy.  I once had to rescue a buddy from one of those secret American torture camps, those bastards wouldn't even let you starve.  They'd forcefeed you so they could keep getting their kicks.  Least if we locked our guy in the van he'd eventually run out of fat."

He pauses for a few seconds, chewing contemplatively "Wasted effort saving that guy, too; he shot himself a couple days later.  I was pretty pissed at him for that, I had to go solo for a big mission in Canada."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two Finished
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2017, 11:17:22 am »

Goethe was only half listening to his comrade, since he felt a certain..lack, of magic from him, besides the gun. He'd overheard some mention of gunfarmers somewhere, so he was pretty sure he didn't make it himself."Err, Ben? Is it just me, or have you not spent a single or your clots? I can tell you're more of a gunman, but you oughta at least make a few pendants or talismans. They don't really need any magical stats to use, and neither would a Broom. If you'd like some inspiration, how about using a bottle of pain relievers? A helmet? Perhaps a camo bandana or other shred of cloth? You may want to consider a tier 2 broom with 3 of those clots, and, with some modifications, you could sit stably on it while shooting."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2017, 03:16:42 pm »

Name:  Nanami Adachi. (Nanami)

Backstory: Somewhat socially awkward and marginalized through her life, Nanami looks to use magic to fuel her ambitions through social manipulation and fame.

Physical description: 18 year old young Japanese woman.

Spoiler: Statsheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:38:29 pm by Devastator »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2017, 05:44:45 pm »

Aw, no stat point or rune?

I mean, I suppose that surviving with only a lost leg is its own reward, but still.

Also, did I have that -3 to agility before the accident?

Pick up a tupperware container and fill it with the toad mucus and some battery acid. Turn it into a chalice.

Try to make a pegleg for myself, preferably out of a broom so that I can enchant it as one later.

Also, tell our boss the whole truth (and nothing but the truth) about what happened on the mission (from my perspective).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:47:05 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »

Name:  Adachi Nanami. (Nanami)

Backstory: Somewhat socially awkward and marginalized through her life, Nanami looks to use magic to fuel her ambitions through social manipulation and fame.

Physical description: 18 year old Japanese young woman.

Spoiler: Statsheet (click to show/hide)
You forgot to put 3 points into your magical stats.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2017, 06:01:54 pm »

Apparently he has certain other abilities to make up for that.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 10, 2017, 05:00:10 am »

Ben stares at Goethe for a full minute before responding, clearly quite confused.  When he does eventually speak, his voice is slow and measured, similar to how one might talk to a child or mentally impaired person "We just got back from a mission where we meant to kidnap a terrorist with bombs, in broad daylight, while being attacked by crazies with swords.  Before that, half the team got killed in an airstrike.  I don't think my heart health is important here, and besides, I've been eating war bacon ever since Hitler died.  The broom bullshit is right out--I'm no maid, and I am not cleaning up after you.  Got it, or does your noggin need some knocking to get the gears in order?"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 10, 2017, 06:42:26 am »

There's been a few miscommunications. First, I only mentioned pain relievers as a pendant since they could, well, reduce pain, which can be annoying and distracting when you're trying to shoot or some such. Second, when I was talking about a broom, I meant that, with our magic, we could turn a cleaning supply into an aerial vehicle. It was all in the day 1 instruction book. If you don't want to use yours, maybe Vince has a way to transfer some from you to me. But still, you signed up as a Witch of our Coven, so you're expected to use magic."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 10, 2017, 09:12:21 am »

((It was a joke on "clots", OceanSoul.  OOC I'm quite aware of my char's flaws, they are intentional.))

"Man, I signed on because it's a free room that the cops aren't watching, and because you don't care that I have a gun.  These groups always have their weird idea, I don't mind, but they certainly aren't why I'm here."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:39 am »

((Okay, what was my sheet again?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:39 am »

Oooo I want in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2017, 06:45:33 pm »

Question: What mundane supplies may I assume I already have?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:52 am »

£50, a d20 and your clothes I guess, and a certificate from Belial forcing any magical creature or person to give you the least potent magical liquid they have (for chalices).
One wheel short of a wagon

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2017, 08:41:40 am »

Do I have a phone?  A computer?  A house?
Sigtext

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:10 am »

Do I have a phone?  A computer?  A house?
You have...to read through the first pages of the RTD to know this. Basically, you have nothing other than your clothes, 50 euros, two clots of Puisaance, powers of witchery, and cheap shared housing.

Mind RPing as your character legitimately asking these questions?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 86