Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153668 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Cut and Run
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »

"Uh guys? I think Worthington is probably going to die if we don't drive directly to a hospital. Not that I'd mind that."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2017, 10:07:52 pm »

"Vince has a caduceus of his own or something. I know he healed SOMEONE with it, so Worthington would be fine if we get back to base fast enough. Besides, a hospital would charge a lot, and probably not be as quick or safe"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Cut and Run
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2017, 10:16:26 pm »

"Eh?  When'd he get in the van?  I don't see him.  Besides, we don't want the hospital knowing about us, he can just tough it out.  And, uh, what Gothy said, I'm sure an illegal criminal doctor like Vince will do a hell of a lot better.  Trust me, I got experience here."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2017, 10:46:23 pm »

"Eh?  When'd he get in the van?  I don't see him.  Besides, we don't want the hospital knowing about us, he can just tough it out.  And, uh, what Gothy said, I'm sure an illegal criminal doctor like Vince will do a hell of a lot better.  Trust me, I got experience here."
"Pretty sure he fell on the car's roof. Look, I can see his arm dangling right there. Let's stop and let him in."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 05, 2017, 05:11:33 am »

"How the hell did he get up there?!  I swear, it's as if the moment I got in the driver's seat everyone fell out of the woodwork and magnetically attached themselves to the van, as if you all knew I was leaving.  You people keep nattering about your magic bullcrap, but if anything's gonna convince me of magic, it's shit like this..."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 05, 2017, 10:55:01 am »

"It's good you feel that way, Ben, because I think it actually was magic."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2017, 01:00:14 am »

Explore the dream dimension- there's gotta be stuff in there that affects the real world in some way(s), right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2017, 01:18:59 am »

So nobody here gives a !@#$ about Derrick? He was one of the few people that actually tried to complete the mission, and you're just going to leave him there to burn/suffocate/get murdered by the Recluse?

I mean, I suppose that I should just be grateful that I'm alive, that you guys are trying to bring me to a place where I can receive medical attention, and that someone decided to bring me down from off of the roof in one of the first six posts after the turn, but if Sir Worthington IV was conscious right now, he'd be giving a motivation speech to you guys about leaving no man behind and all that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:21:35 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2017, 02:19:48 am »

((It's probably kinda obvious, but Ben doesn't particularly care about the survival of his allies, and was in fact intending to leave everyone behind.  Those who decided to join him mostly seem to have decided that they should do so before it was too late, which didn't give them much any time to rescue allies.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 06, 2017, 07:39:10 am »

This is fine. I am happy with the way events are unfolding right now. It allows me to pull a "came back from the dead" on the team providing I actually make it out.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 08, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »

Mission Two: Finished

(How did I manage to cut the floor directly underneath me? That makes no goddamn sense at all...
shove the rubble off me, and limp away from the building as fast as my legs will carry.
(Incredible incompetency and high winds)

You manage to worm out from beneath the burning pile of wood and crawl to the onto the concrete staircase shortly before the entire corridor and half of the apartments are lost in flames. Several floors implode, the Recluse a dark figure in the centre still struggling to control the blaze. You turn away and start stumbling down the steps, nearly passing out with the pain from each step.

After an age of choking, tripping over bodies and staggering around chunks of fallen masonry, you pass into the lobby where the first firefighters are arriving. Barely aware of having walked through a curtain of fire, you're out the doors and beneath the sky as the building collapses behind you.

A period of time passes which you have no memory of. And then you wake up in room with no mirror, bed the pearly white of hospital linen. There's no mirror, but your hands are red and distorted, raised and jagged lines of crusted skin. A doctor watches you from beside the door, while a man in a well-fitted grey suit sits by your bed. The doctor nods imperceptibly.

"If you're feeling up to it, we'd like to ask you some questions."

The man questions you about how the fire started, what the gunshots were, why so many bodies were found with stab wounds. He seems to be involved with the civil service, and might know where your possessions are. How are you going to play this?

Oh, and you get precisely ONE statpoint.

"So, how'd your side of the mission go? Other than absolutely failing the 'don't let him find out you're magic' part, that is. I was looking for the recluse downstairs, but I only found an Italian vampire mafia. Wouldn't have taken so long if Jimmy wasn't stealing from the same people. I could've handled the Recluse with a good ol' Stoicism rune before things got bad if I never got caught up with em'. Oh yeah, did I ever pass out the Sharpies to you all? They're good when you just need to write down a rune.

Oh, Ellen? Didn't you get some Unyeilding Greed rune or something? Can you tell how much this suit's worth? How about Jimmy's gold coins?"

Look toward where the apartments are. If some final big exploding corrosion happens, I want a puissance from it. Also, if I get those stat points, add them to Puissant Fettle and Aim.

Oh, and one more thing, after that Ninja; "Jimmy, I'll have to remind Vince that YOU decided to screw around with AND around the vampires mafia by stealing their stuff. I was almost sucked into an offer I couldn't refuse. At least we still have the gold to make up for it".
No stat points. The mission is considered aborted.

You do get one rune though. As you watch the plumes of smoke rise, and listen to the sirens and rumbles of structural collapse, one rune flashes into your mind. Ruination: when written, it makes a bad situation worse, and an irretrievable one more so.

Explore the dream dimension- there's gotta be stuff in there that affects the real world in some way(s), right?
Rit: 5x3

You dream about a snake coiling itself round a lantern, getting larger and larger, smothering the lantern's light.
You see insects skating about on the surface of a pond, fish moving beneath. Some insects follow the shadows, some cluster in the light, but one moves apart from the others. It pushes at the water below it again and again, as if trying to build something from it. And then suddenly, surface tension breaks, and it falls through, skating on the other side.
You watch young crows flying from a nest and moving over the corpses of great and armoured beasts, dispersing and diving at exposed meat.

You jerk awake, sitting in Vince's kitchen. You feel a bit weak, but well-rested. And then you look down and where you used to have a leg, there's just a smooth and scarless stump.

To your credit, you stop screaming very quickly.

"Looks like we're going to have to do something about that."

Head back to base, Tell the boss how SOMEONE decided to screw around with/around the recluse rather then Knocking him out/tieing him down and dragging him back... and because his power seems ta have been ta tear holes in reality we couldn't kill him ta drag back either.
One rune dances across your retinas as you sit in the back of the truck.

Elegance: decreases consequence of close fails in physical actions. Learned from smooth vampires who you nonetheless robbed.

You explain the situation to Vince, while several other people chatter at him simultaneously and Ben eats dubious meat. Vince looks more tired than angry.

Ben sighs and mutters something about honesty under his breath, but is otherwise silent on the trip home.

Yup, driving back to Vince.  Ben's just gonna ignore him while he grabs something to eat, the crazies can explain things well enough.  Edit: At some point, park and quickly retrieve the broken body from on top of the van.  No idea how he stayed up there so long, but we better get him down before some cop spots him.
You prioritze getting back to base, while everyone not driving helpfully fails to administer emergency medical aid. Somehow, the casualty pulls through. Reminds you of some crazy field-medics you fought alongside, doctors so good it was like they had unfair roll bonuses in an unrealistic text-based game. But that would be stupid.

Something to eat, at Vince's house... more war bacon it is.

Vince gathers those of you not in conversation with her majesty's secret service and debriefs you on the mission.

"You fucked up."

He then explains where the Coven, or your chapter, is going to go from here.

"We need a power source, for your benefit as well as mine. I'm fed up with finding you power sources and having you piss all over them, so from now on you can do that alone. Give me a day, and I'll have put together some kind of map for you to search on - all together, alone, in small teams, whatever. I don't care. Leave me alone for twenty-four hours."

Vince walks away into the room with the outdated monitors, yards of wire, and coffin of a fourteenth century monk lying in it. You hear the door slam and lock.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

So, I'm going to need a couple of days to throw together a map, after which you'll have an open-world-ish mission in which you look for a power source, maybe investigating stuff along the way. You have about a day in-game to do whatever. Also, TheBiggerFish is with us now.

One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two Finished
« Reply #416 on: May 08, 2017, 02:07:16 pm »

I'm going to head off to the magic market, and look for a gun...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »

After Vince is gone; "Wait, THAT's what this was all for? A power source? We fought those hippies breaking open an interdimentional gate, and tried to capture that Recluse who was no harm to anyone at the time, at least, his body, all for our own POWER? I'm not sure I would've been OK with using him as a generator.

Also, are we forgetting anyone?
"

((Dustin, keep in mind that you still have a puissant clot. You can make a single magical weapon, likely a wand, to help you get out of this situation as a whole.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »

Go ahead and clot up the edgy katana as a staff.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 08, 2017, 04:00:03 pm »

welp, let's be practical about this and allocate it to practicality. Then,try to tell if he's a normal or a magical. Tell him that some people in odd armor went up, started harassing a man, and then lit the building on fire while fighting with each other with some sort of explosive. Say that I don't know anything about gunshots or stab wounds, since to be fair I didn't actually get to stab anyone and obviously didn't have a gun. Ask them how bad the burns I suffered were.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:02:56 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86