Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153806 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Preparing for Mission Two
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:10 pm »

MISSION TWO: PREPARATION

Vince assembles the new recruits in the yard, and briefly explains to them about what membership of the Coven entails (incredible power and likely death), how there is a hidden magical world that non-magical beings cannot percieve, and how they'd better get some weapons before the day is over because tomorrow mission two begins. He also explains what happens if they disobey him (death), annoy other magical beings on their first day (probably death) or get in over their head generally (again, likely death). Finally, he hands out a weapons leaflet, £50 and, to those with ritual potency, a certificate from Belial obliging all members of the magical community to give them free low-level arcane substances for chalices.

Better go make some weapons.

Spoiler: Weapons of Witchcraft (click to show/hide)

Firstly, once my pendant recharges, I use my pendant again to try and reverse my new beastly form, since it had done it to me on a 1, and did the opposite of what it normally did. Attempt to talk to the "god" about  how I now better understood the gifts of a human body, approaching a true understanding. If I can't get it to work, do it again an hour later until either it's undone or I'm hairless or something. After the second try, go to sleep, and resume trying in the morning. If I CAN "discard my bestial shape"by the third try, then add my points to Ritual Potency and Agility. If not, Runic Sight and Practicality.

Edit: WAIT! No-one got Lucian's staff? It could have been useful!

And, for some reason, I never got the blood. I asked it in my action two turns ago, but you didn't give it to me. Why?
You restore yourself to human, and are rewarded with vague and senile whisperings about "palaces of flesh", "legions of the raised" and "movement towards perfection". Nothing useful in any way really.

+Bane Combat, +Aim
I Leave and go a to find some hobo's ta rob, Expecting to know when there is a new job
+1 Banal, +1 Agility.  Ben will accompany Jimmy and murder all the hobos, complaining about how this worthless outfit doesn't even provide guns, so the guns need to be lured in.
The two of you go off and Ben stabs a homeless man to death. He has nothing to steal except cardboard boxes, being homeless and destitute. It's unlikely that someone will find the body.

You also notice some posters with Ben's face on them, to do with violent crime, robbery, and unauthorised possession of explosives. News of his escapades, or what the police will tell the press about them, is scattered over the pages of the recent papers. What mortals made of the magical explosions, murder and property damage of the last night's mission has also been attributed to him, according to glimpses of televised news you catch.

Those that survived the night are reminded of the fact that they need to eat and sleep to properly function.

Before they go out, Vince reminds eveyone to get back before sunset. He also tells the three veteran members of the group about the location of a large magical market near the centre of London.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:01:29 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Waitlisters Please Confirm IN!
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »

Acquire a roomba.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2017, 05:43:32 pm »

Acquire a roomba.
((....FLYING ROOMBA))
((Am I in?))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:45:14 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:39 pm »

Waitlist ses no. Either wait for murder to occur or pester NJW to increase the player limit. :P

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2017, 06:07:45 pm »

I go Lookin for a cheap Italian restaurant for Lunch.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2017, 06:21:55 pm »

It should be about 1:00 when we got back. Probably fell asleep around 1:30. Wake up around 9:30, have breakfast, buy a small pint (like Ben and Jerry's)of chocolate ice cream, preferably brownie batter or something, and have Jimmy place his Bethel rune on the bottom of it in beast blood. Then, when it's melty but still cold, mix in the remaining beast blood (save a single tablespoon), a pinch of my own fur, and add a single Puissant clot to make a chalice. Then, go to the Magic marketplace, and look for small objects that could make a good piece of a wand. Takes then space of sphere 1 to 2 inches in diameter, preferably. Maybe with relation to a beast of some sort.

Jimmy, will you write your Bethel runs on my chalice, please?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2017, 06:22:00 pm »

buy a pocket knife that is longer than a pen, and try to put a clot in it to make a wand.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

buy a pocket knife that is longer than a pen, and try to put a clot in it to make a wand.
Walk up to this new witch.Do yourself a favor, and add..something to your wand. A fridge magnet, a snake's eye to put the tip of the blade in, SOMETHING. Give your certificate to some magic being you like the look of, and use part of what he gives you, something.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2017, 06:55:18 pm »

"why would I want to do that? Either it works, or it doesn't. Even so, It's not like I will be flinging fireballs with this!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »

TankKit, ATHATH, you both can post now.

Syv too

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Preparing for Mission Two
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2017, 11:27:49 pm »

Go buy some concealing and baggy clothes, like a big trenchcoat and hat.  Then return to the homeless guy, and if nobody's discovered the corpse, chop off a leg and hide it beneath the trenchcoat.  Then return to base and cook it up; share if anyone asks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:54 am »

Go make a chalice then, I suppose.

Do I have to specify something to summon/ingredients to put in? What ingredients are available (for free)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2017, 02:16:11 am »

Also, I can't seem to find my sheet? Can you repost it?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2017, 03:15:29 am »

"Hello! I'm Sir Looti-*cough* I'm sir Ritualington!"
Make my Cane into a staff.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2017, 03:09:41 pm »

Go make a chalice then, I suppose.

Do I have to specify something to summon/ingredients to put in? What ingredients are available (for free)?
Yes. Magic ingredients: you get ONE free from a  mgical being you come across (I'll roll from a table). Non-magical ingredients: whatever you can find or buy for £50. Dumps would be a good place to look for free stuff, as would bins, etc.

Sheet:
Name: Sir Worthington the Fourth

Stats: Ritual Potency: 3
 Practicality 3

Inventory: Slip from Belial, £50

No update today as v. occupied but soonish.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86