Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 154062 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: a RTD about Urban Witchcraft (Full, Waitlist Open) (Creating Weapons)
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2017, 05:10:00 pm »

I Head back to Vince's yard.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: a RTD about Urban Witchcraft (Full, Waitlist Open) (Creating Weapons)
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2017, 07:39:20 pm »

"Ugh.. I don't like hearing that one speak."

Head back to Vince's, reluctantly.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:43 pm »

"I made a chalice that summons a massive muscled up demon of some sort, and a talisman that I haven't tested yet."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:39 pm »

Put on the vest, then go find Vince and tell him to stop with the damn racket, weapons have already been found.  Sadly, the idiot coppers in this country still don't carry real guns despite everything going to shit, but Ben's resourceful, and good at using what he gets.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »

Good for you. Well, test the talisman soon, since you won't know when you should use it unless you know what it does. It'll have time to recharge.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »

"No time like the present I suppose."

Test the talisman on a nearby dog or something. Then proceed back to base.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2017, 10:02:18 pm »

Please don't test it on my "dog", though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2017, 12:09:44 pm »

"No time like the present I suppose."

Test the talisman on a nearby dog or something. Then proceed back to base.
It doesn't actually do anything to the dog. Instead, your arms and torso suddenly feel extremely... dense? They don't feel heavy exactly, or move at all slower, you feel like you could punch something pretty hard without any hand protection and not even split a knuckle.

Attempt to clothe my new companion. The animal-turned-person, too. Avoid spending more that a little money, but at least cover up the private parts. On that subject, quickly check their gender first. Then, head back to base.
It's a guy. This is all too obvious.

You grab some used pants and a T-shirt from a charity shop and take the new human back to Vince to explain the situation.

Rip the car to shreds.

Go to Vince's place.

On the way to Vince's place do my Cane Slam a few times.

Make up a little song about the Cane Slam and write it down.

Make sure the song has the words 'ache' and 'break' in it.

You cause several accidents and possibly one death as you wander back.

Your song is so complex, layered and groundbreaking that writing it here without the music would be pointless.

Right, so after new events, missions, near-death experiences, etc, people with points in Runic Sight get awarded with runes: arcane letters that do things. You can even write them on things with your fingers, or sign them. Though if you want an effect to last, better use permenant marker.

So that's going to happen now.

Spoiler: runes (click to show/hide)

Vince, once he is satisfied that everyone is listening rather than playing with their shiny and murderous new toys, explains that your first mission is on.

"Okay, so some group of dumb Wiccan hipsters have managed to locate this massive eldritch power source. It's a pretty clean one too, as the ones that lurk in depths outside the world go, and it's on Coven turf. Or at least, what was our turf, and won't be our turf any more if we don't stop these morons carrying out the summoning ritual. My tech man" (and he waves to a collection of dead 90s monitors, boxes of circuitry, and a stone coffin), "says it's gonna happen by midnight tonight. And we don't want them to bring this thing into the world.

"So you guys better go in there, fuck up the ritual before twelve, knock some heads together, and take whatever you want. These Wiccan tossers are inexperienced, but they're using some nasty powerful magic, so staying alive might be a bit more of a concern than usual. On the plus side, that usually means great loot for whoever comes out in one piece. I can heal pretty much anything provided you get out alive, by the way. Any questions?"

Vince then gives out some cheap plastic watches, and starts pushing people into the back of an unmarked white van covered in runes.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2017, 12:27:32 pm »

What about the dogman? Will you release him? Keep him?...Not that I care much, though. Not knowing things would be some of my last regrets. Also, are the runes consumable, or permanent? There aren't any good ways to share runes, right? And can I at least have a chipmunk or mouse or something to use with my pendant?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2017, 12:33:15 pm »

((What time is it in game currently?))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:35:28 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »

"Beating up hipsters? Sounds good to me."

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2017, 09:11:36 pm »

Guess I could do with killing a few hippies.. but it's going to be such a shit-show."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2017, 09:52:02 pm »

"I a would have liked ta know our first job before hand, but eh its fine so long as people don't kill me."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2017, 03:02:29 am »

Lootington wistles.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »

What about the dogman? Will you release him? Keep him?...Not that I care much, though. Not knowing things would be some of my last regrets. Also, are the runes consumable, or permanent? There aren't any good ways to share runes, right? And can I at least have a chipmunk or mouse or something to use with my pendant?
"He's your creature. You keep him. He better be house-trained though."

Permenant, but you can only sign one at once with your hands. Though you could write others to have more than one going at once.

"If I had a chipmunk, I would gladly give it to you, but the only monkeys I employ are you and your comrades."

((What time is it in game currently?))
Night. You'll be told the time at the end of each turn.

Everyone piles into the back of the van, six men, one women and a former dog. Vince drives recklessly through quiet streets and along brief stretches of main road before slowing to a crawl and pulling up silently.

When you creep out, you find yourselves beside a waist high iron fence, surrounding a park about a hundred metres square.

From where you are, on one of the side of the park, a modest church can be seen in the closest corner to your right. Just ahead of you is a scattering of plain trees, while on your left are some public toilets and more trees. Figures can just be made out walking around in the darkness, and anyone with runic sight percieves a slight glow coming from the centre of the park, while Jimmy Castanza sees a halo of brilliant white void floating in a dark miasma. Summoners feel goosebumps running up their spine from the stench of power, and Sand is literally vibrating.

Jimmy slaps someone on the back (it's actually the dog-person, but everyone gets the idea) and advises you all not to die. He sits down to wait in the back of the van.

A quick look at your watches tells you that the time is 11:45.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86