Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153611 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

Only one action? K. Make my Cane a staff.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

They'll probably be hanging around his neck most of the time, since fingers are kinda helpful.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

To put my action into a specific action,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((edited action to be less massive. No summoning demons on the first turn. I guess.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"Make weapons, he says... got it, sure. I'll go do that." Lucian says in a rather monotonous tone. The arcane sure doesn't seem to excite him much.

Go find some junked tall lamp at some second-hand shop or other cheap-shit establishment, make the body of it into a staff
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Only one action? K. Make my Cane a staff.
((edited action to be less massive. No summoning demons on the first turn. I guess.))
Sorry, I meant one post-with-an-action-in-it. Have as much bolded text as you like, as long as it's all in one place.
One wheel short of a wagon

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

"What the hell are you doing, telling people to grab fucking children's toys for protection?!  Make believe bullshit won't save anyone in a REAL war, miss Poppins!  Fuck you, I'm gonna go get actual arms!  If any of you kids want to learn to kill people, follow me!"

Leave before the guy can respond, flipping him the bird (or the V, I guess?).  Go use the money to buy a knife and the makings of a molotov cocktail, then figure out where the nearest police station is.

((I'd like to swap one of my points in aim to melee, please.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To summarize my desired actions, Follow the others, and stop at a knick-knack store on the way to find a spare clock hand to use as a wand. If I can find a wand hand, buy a small container of molasses. Also, buy a dog collar and tag, and ask a dog salon if they have any leftover dog hair..for an art project. Attempt to stick the dog hair to the collar and tag, adding a tiny bit of molasses if none is working. Then, make the collar/tag into a pendant. Start slowly, carefully applying the molasses to the tip of the wand, give or take an inch. When application is done, let it rest a while, but not too long that it would be covered in dust, flys, etc. Then, make it a wand.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Ok. Make my cane into a staff and name it the staff of power, also follow the group.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hmm..."
I a head down ta the dump, lookin' for a saw, fail'in ta find somethin' short an' heavy, because tha' ought 'ta work for Plan A.
In the skip next to Vince's house, you find both a badly rusted saw and a short, heavy length of copper piping stuck in a block of concrete. Christmas come early.

50 pounds is roughly 60 bucks by current standards, so I will go to my local boozery and buy a bottle of crystal skull booze. Those will run me about 27 bucks and are made of a nice thick glass that can survive a lot of punishment. I know because I have one.  Next, go to the hardware store and buy a knife. Then, get on the bus and take it around till I see a good looking demon or magical beastie. Ask them for some magical medium and have them put it in my skull chalice. Then cut the back of my arm a bit and pour some blood in with the magical medium.

Bing bang boom, magic chalice right?
You get the knife, despite the shopkeeper's well-founded misgivings. And then you go sightseeing.

Things are really different as a witch. Your eyes are opened, and you can see the colossal worms that pass as underground trains to mortals stitch their way through disused streets and parks, sending up plumes of durt visible for miles. The skyline has been rearranged and edited by a collage-artist with a taste for the historical, and weird craft pass down streets, along canals, and even overhead. There's also what appears to be an elf sitting across from you on the bus, but she's avoiding eye contact for some reason.

You see... hn... a guy selling living wooden carvings coiling in crazy patterns in a farmer's market... a hundred foot snake with a crown of bone covering its head weaving through pedestrians by Waterloo station... a thing of claws and scaly-black hide shimmer through a hastily melted hole in a brick wall... drunken knights in full armour stumbling out of a shady club... an eight-foot Maori spear-fishing in a river of molten copper... a couple of ents doing group therapy with cedars in Hyde Park... I guess the largest thing would be the snake.

"Hello? Hello-oo? I have this certificate! You have to give me something magical? Mister snake person? Do it now do it now do it now!"

"Well, certainly. I am so glad that Belial supports small businesses this way, you know. I mean they may call him the soul-eater, but this really speaks volumes about his character, doesn't it? I should have some venom left... try the lower right fang. Name's Jeremy, by the way. And you are?"

You milk out some venom into the vodka bottle, taking out a healthy swig so it doesn't overflow or anything, then proceed with the ritual while Jeremy continues to explain how he came to be a giant talking snake.

"...so as you can see, I had a rather Victorian childhood, and a funny thing happens to a snake when nobody looks at it for a hundred years, not quite sure why but - good lord woman! Have you gone mad?"

You swill the mixture of blood, vodka and king snake venom around in the glass skull. Gotta put magic in there, otherwise it's just a nasty cocktail. You ponder the eternal question asked by vampires at tea parties: one clot or two?

"What the hell are you doing, telling people to grab fucking children's toys for protection?!  Make believe bullshit won't save anyone in a REAL war, miss Poppins!  Fuck you, I'm gonna go get actual arms!  If any of you kids want to learn to kill people, follow me!"

Leave before the guy can respond, flipping him the bird (or the V, I guess?).  Go use the money to buy a knife and the makings of a molotov cocktail, then figure out where the nearest police station is.

((I'd like to swap one of my points in aim to melee, please.))
There's a police station about a kilometre away. You get the knife, petrol, rags, fairly neat flammable alcohol, etc. ((Done))

Vince looks puzzled but pleased at your enthusiasm.

You see some guys in robes herding a few Galapagos Tortoises across some parkland. Screw them.

"Make weapons, he says... got it, sure. I'll go do that." Lucian says in a rather monotonous tone. The arcane sure doesn't seem to excite him much.

Go find some junked tall lamp at some second-hand shop or other cheap-shit establishment, make the body of it into a staff

You buy some ugly brass thing with a paper lampshade and floral decorations from a charity shop. Then you unscrew the bulb and shade and hand them back to the perosn on the counter.

Taking your new acquisition aside, you force a single puissant clot from your mind and into the thing. It doesn't look any different, but stinks to high heaven of magic. You feel three sort of gears in your mind when you touch the thing, spells you can use. Three of them. Not sure what they do yet. You return to base with all the excitement of a ninety-year-old general forced to take his grandchild to a Disney movie.

Oh. Ok. Make my cane into a staff and name it the staff of power, also follow the group.
You shove a puissant clot into the staff. Two options take shape in your mind: there are two spells you can cast with this thing.

London, as you wander round it at Vince's request, is pretty much transformed. A massive scorpion with a flaming tail stands vigil over a near-transparent skyscraper, while talking bears, giant snails, serpents, ancient newspaper spirits, minotaur bodybuilders, lamias with crossbows, and a kindly golem made of bear traps stroll past. The last of these stops to talk to you.

"Evening, mate. I can tell you're new round here, right, and human, not-that-I'm-prejudiced-mind-you, but a word in your shell-like. Don't start too many fights, or offend someone part of the less violent commune-ities, see? Otherwise you'll be answerable to me. I keep the peace round here, when there's any to keep, and any bastard who thinks they can go around looting and pillaging as they please falls under my ju-ri-dis-tiction. Anyway, it'd be nice of you to pass the message on to the other new witches in town. Thank you mightily."

He stands up, cracking his knuckles. It sounds like several trains colliding at high speed.

With a nod, the golem walks off. The sun is like a burning marble in the sky behind him, but that's probably just the pollution.

"Ok. See ya later then."
Micky goes to the gym he practiced at before joining the Coven, and gets his Boxing Gloves. He makes them a Pendant.
You do so. Oh, looks like that guy on the running machine you always kind-of nodded at is actually part gazelle. The lower part. As you note just a tad enviously.

To summarize my desired actions, Follow the others, and stop at a knick-knack store on the way to find a spare clock hand to use as a wand. If I can find a wand hand, buy a small container of molasses. Also, buy a dog collar and tag, and ask a dog salon if they have any leftover dog hair..for an art project. Attempt to stick the dog hair to the collar and tag, adding a tiny bit of molasses if none is working. Then, make the collar/tag into a pendant. Start slowly, carefully applying the molasses to the tip of the wand, give or take an inch. When application is done, let it rest a while, but not too long that it would be covered in dust, flys, etc. Then, make it a wand.
You end up tearing the hand off a clock, but everything else works.

The pendant, when you make it, will only cast one miracle, as is normal. You feel the whisperings of a slightly unusual god when you touch it.

"All hairless, all the right form... follow the road hewn through evolution... discard your bestial shapes... matter is meaning..."

When you turn the clock hand covered in stick black syrup into a wand, the molasses on it solidify instantly, and refuse to move or give at all. You also get two spells on this one, though it doesn't feel like you will be able to do anything hugely time-bending as you hoped just yet.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:07:57 pm by NJW2000 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

I Head down to a hardware store a buy the following before wandering off to find a car with a nice long antena to cut off.
>£10 worth of copper wire
>£5 worth of Cloth
>a light bulb
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Would you mind kindly moving a point from Ritual potency to Puissant fettle on my sheet? On further consideration, I do think that I would like to have any Puissence at all.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Test my spells at the nearest inanimate object.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you move that point from Puissant Fettle to Ritual Potency like I asked earlier? Maybe I should have re mentioned it in my summarized action. If so, I'm sorry. Anyway, try to interpret what the wand and pendant would do. When you say two spells, you mean two different types of spells can be case with it, right? Also, was I being called hairless, or was whatever it wanted me to become hairless? Either way, put the collar on without using it, unless there's a chance I'd accidentally use it. Also, try to meet up with another of the Coven- it seems we got separated.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, I'll change it, missed it first time round.

And two different types of spell, yeah. And mysterious voice don't explain themselves, you just have to guess or experiment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:08:51 pm by NJW2000 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 86