Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153722 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Hmm judging by the descriptions and my stats I should go for a Chalice and a Broomstick or pendant Yep yep yep. You say I got two of these things stuck to my brains right right? So can I make both? OH OH OH or can I make a chalice thats extra strong for demon summoning. But also maybe a broom because then I can bomb people with demons...Hmmm yes very interesting very good. So so so? What can I can I do? TELL ME MYSTERIOUS GENTLEMEN! Sand says, getting annoyingly in the man's face.

OOC questions
1. Pendants do miracles. What is a miracle? What does this include? What can I actually DO with it. And recharging them, how does that work?

2.How much put...putine...mana does it cost to summon a demon? Just one the first time and then none other times? Or do I have to pay one each time?

"Yeah, OK, you can make both or a stronger chalice. Also, please don't touch me or anything. You'd get... um, oil on you."

OOC:1. miracles are vague because they could be pretty much anything. You only find out when you make the talisman/pendant that casts it. Could heal, aoe, blind everybody, turn you into a shrimp for a bit, whatever, when used. And recharging them means just that; waiting until you can use them again. More Rit you have, more miracles you can have recharging at once.
2. Costs clots (upgrade/creation material) the first time, just mana the second. But your Rit is so high it costs a tiny amount. You want to summon faster, increase rit, not puissance.
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

"Wait wait...you never mentioned this 'mana' stuff before. Can I please have a bit of a description of it?
..I might also make a pendant, actually. I'll probably keep an eye out for some knick-knack while we're out. I'll probably get something animal related..not sure why, though..
..Also, has anyone considered getting small containers just to keep things in? Would probably be for werewolf fur or zombie blood or other such paranormal rare things that would be hard to keep on your person reasonably.
Last, I'm glad that everyone's willing to go as a group. Safety in numbers, or some such."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Bigger numbers also mean bigger tea parties!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bigger numbers also mean bigger tea parties!"
..I just imagined you filling a bunch of tea cups with miscellaneous magical fluids, pouring in some tea, setting them on a table, and using them to have a proper conversation with demons. Probably discussing the exchange rate of souls for power and the new wave of leprechaun immigrants."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Are you sure you're not thinking about my brother?"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait wait...you never mentioned this 'mana' stuff before. Can I please have a bit of a description of it?
..I might also make a pendant, actually. I'll probably keep an eye out for some knick-knack while we're out. I'll probably get something animal related..not sure why, though..
..Also, has anyone considered getting small containers just to keep things in? Would probably be for werewolf fur or zombie blood or other such paranormal rare things that would be hard to keep on your person reasonably.
Last, I'm glad that everyone's willing to go as a group. Safety in numbers, or some such."

Vince grinds his teeth.

"I. MEANT. PUISSANCE. PUISSANCE. USED. FOR. SPELLS. NOT MIRACLES. PUISSANT. CLOTS. USED. TO. MAKE. MAGIC. TOOLS."

"Now everybody leave before I kill someone."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leave AFTERbefore he kills someone.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leave. And don't forget to make my cane into a staff. Also don't forget to ramble on about how my brother has pretty much become a demon, meaning he technically isn't part of the family any more.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leave. And don't forget to make my cane into a staff. Also don't forget to ramble on about how my brother has pretty much become a demon, meaning he technically isn't part of the family any more.
Ask him to write it down, instead, since those raw emotions might be potent for some sort of magic equipment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"Does a pendant need to be in necklace form, or can it be anything?"
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ask him to write it down, instead, since those raw emotions might be potent for some sort of magic equipment.
"Intresting idea good sir!" Do it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Does a pendant need to be in necklace form, or can it be anything?"

"Anything. Any more questions? Because I have a feeling someone'll be catching fire round here pretty soon."

OOC: one action per turn, please. Edit your bolded posts if necessary, that's fine, but don't have more than one. Also, asking other players things could probably be done without my help.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:59:32 pm by NJW2000 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"Ok. See ya later then."
Micky goes to the gym he practiced at before joining the Coven, and gets his Boxing Gloves. He makes them a Pendant.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ok. See ya later then."
Micky goes to the gym he practiced at before joining the Coven, and gets his Boxing Gloves. He makes them a Pendant.
A pendant can be clenched-fist-size at most. Considering that a clenched fist fits INTO a Single boxing glove, I don't think you can do that. Maybe a kid-sized boxing glove? Or a charm/etc that Looks like a pair of boxing gloves, if you can find one..

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine. SIze is only rough. But you gotta carry stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 86