Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153880 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #675 on: August 13, 2017, 09:45:26 am »

Go there. Inquire about, uh, whatever ability I mentioned earlier. I'm procrastinating at 2:30 in the morning right now and I'm too tired to go check myself.

((This was making a life debt magically binding)).

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:23 am »

"You shouldn't have done that."

I assume I no longer have control over Ben?  Well, in case I do, he's going to go for his equipment and then take cover while evaluating the situation.  And he'll attack Bella if she tries to interfere with him.

...Somehow I have the feeling that it doesn't matter whether I have control...
Actually, you do have control of Ben. It's just that he percieves the situation a little... differently.

From Ben's point of view, the stone is something he knows is very important, and his former allies do not realise this. They should be cooperating with the people guarding the stone, and any attack upon it could be dangerous. His allies might be persuaded in time, but they could also pose a very major threat to the precious stone, which is counting upon Ben's combat experience and quick-wittedness. They attacking him because he has realised just how important the stone is, and from their limited understanding this is a bad thing. He needs to end the threat to the stone, nonviolently if possible, and make sure the witches aren't a threat to the stone any more.

Drop the illusion on Bella.. she's too far away anyway to get it and I may need the puissance.

Step out of the way of Ben and the bag of gear, turn towards the gear bag and the large stone, and fire two shots of spell #2 at the rock.  Then draw the pistol and aim at the bag.  Should the mind-controlled Ben get the P90, shoot him.

Too far away? You wot, I'm the SPEED WITCH, bitch!

Fly in and grab the bag of weapons.

Nanami turns to the stone and fires two crystallisation spells at the rock. The thing continues to glimmer, apparently unaware that it has just been given geological cancer. She pivots while drawing the pistol, but has lost precious seconds.

1 vs 3

Ben hurls his body forward, covering the ground between him and the bag in moments. Bella is mere metres away, and simply readjusts her course, still aiming for the bag.

5+0.5 vs 5+2

Ben manages to slide behind the rock for cover, bullets ricocheting off the top of the stone. As he reaches in for the P90, Bella smashes into him from behind, having neglected to deccelerate before stopping. Even Ben is winded by the impact of another human moving faster than is legal in some places, giving Bella sufficient time to also grab hold of the bag of weapons. Meanwhile, shots ring out from the industrial part, the earth around Nanami spurting up in minature fountains places as she throws herself behind a pile of dirt.

So to recap: Ben and Bella are tussling over the bag behind the stone, while Nanami is under fire and in cover, on the over side of the stone.

I bet 14 bones launched to the head at close range are lethal enough
Go to one of the spots to find a source of power, maybe one that already has other witches so I can assist with stuff and watch how profesionals do this stuff. Use my broom in the way to practice with it. Also keep one of the biggest knifes I found on the kitchen.
You ask Vince where some of your comrades are, and set off blindly in their direction.

You eventually end up standing at the edge of a park, beside which is a wide expanse of barren earth next to an industrial area full of stubby concrete buildings and machines and pipes. Down a gentle slope and over a fence, two of your fellow witches are tusseling over a bag, while a third is taking cover behind a mound of dirt. Shots ring out from the industrial area, presumably aimed at the witches. Right now, nobody seems to have noticed you.

What was Vince's answer to my question?
Shit, didn't see. He gives you an address; some legal building or something.
Go there. Inquire about, uh, whatever ability I mentioned earlier. I'm procrastinating at 2:30 in the morning right now and I'm too tired to go check myself.
In a quite street near the centre of the city, you find the address Vince sent you. Tentatively, you lift the doorknocker. Milliseconds before you knock, red flames flare up behind each window as the blinds snap open. You back away as a horrendous creaking and groaning begins, brick grinding and wood straining. And then the entire front of the building lifts up of the foundations, bending back and back until the windows are parallel with the ground.

The cavity beneath the building is a tremendous toothy maw, massive dentures lining the sides of a cavernous throat. Grotesquely, the thing's tongue stretches up from the shadowy recessess, waving to and fro.

You feel the voice that speaks in your bones.

"So what is it? Do you want a Satanic contract? Hire one of Forneus' demonic lawyers or damned orators to speak for you? Do you want a contract recorded in Hell's archives? Or do you want to push a legal dispute through the infernal courts? Out with it, puny witchling, scrabbler for flame."

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 16, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »

"Uhhhhhhhhhh..."
Shoot the old man (Ben?) that is fighting for the bag in the head with a bunch of bones until he is knocked down, as both a test of my wand and trying to help the other witch. (How many bones would I need to knock someone unconscious?) Avoid any attacks using my broom, and attack back with my spell 2.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:51:09 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 16, 2017, 12:27:09 pm »

((wait were there any staircases down the monolith or under it))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 16, 2017, 01:09:35 pm »

"Ben, really? Are you this easy to control? If there's any part of you left in that empty skill, listen. You just inhaled some government mind control gas."

Keep hold of the bag while fighting defensively (staying far out of knife range. Machete's length is my advantage here). If Ben tries to attack me unarmed, strike at the offending limb with the machete. If he gets hold of some weapon, parry the attack and then get on the broom with the weapons. Keep the broom circling so it won't take as much time to get to speed. If someone shoots at us, take out the p90 and suppress them, terrible though my aim may be.

((I would prefer that you didn't shoot into my melee fight. Number one reason is that you might hit me. Number two reason is that even if you're successful, you'll probably do permanent damage with headshots. Knocking someone out with blunt damage is far from harmless. Number three reason is that you'll just antagonize the guy I'm now trying to convince not to fight me. Number four reason is that you might give the guys with guns ideas to shoot at me and not just nanami. :P

Of course, defer to your own judgement. Sometimes in-character mistakes and disagreements can be fun!))
((I just hope it won't get me killed again. ;_;))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:39:58 pm by Egan_BW »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:53 pm »

Stomp around some more, head back to the monks to see if I'm done yet or should go do some more attempted dimensional breaking and entering for pest disposal.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:06 pm »

from my point of view: What the hell is happening? ok maybe the crazy guy trying to take the bag is bad? The guy is attacking a witch aaaaaahhhhhhhhh I want to try this brand new wand on someone.

And my current options is attack or do nothing. I choosed the least lethal attack.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2017, 02:35:25 pm »

From that perspective how could you guess that Ben is the bad guy here? We're both witches, and you've never met either of us. It's not like you can see craziness or mind-control from up on your hill. And if you want to attack, you could always try the guys who are firing on Nanami? Really though, violence is almost never the only option.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 16, 2017, 03:02:32 pm »

I can only see the 3 witches, Im trying to both stop the fight and test my wand, and the oldman looks a better target than the woman. And if something goes wrong im a doctor.

I didn't really read last turn and the one before so im like, super confused. When was he mindcontrolled? I mean for the other players, I just read my stuff
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:10:08 pm by randomgenericusername »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »

Quote from: Egan_BW
"Ben, really? Are you this easy to control? If there's any part of you left in that empty skill, listen. You just inhaled some government mind control gas."

That hits a nerve, and is certainly the right thing to say.  It's worth some contemplation.  Just not while Ben's disarmed and faced with an armed opponent.

Ben still has a grip on the bag, right?  He's going to yank on it and use the momentum to bodyslam into Bella, using his other arm to parry the machete away from getting a good stab into him (a cut is acceptable).  His goal is to get into a scramble where Bella can't use her long weapon, and he has the chance to either draw a weapon or disarm her.  If he gets ahold of a weapon, he'll use it lethally immediately (unless it's the tazer or handcuffs, obviously).

If Bella successfully gets some distance on him (edit: Or, to be clear, if he doesn't have a grip on the bag to begin with), he'll stay crouched with his hands up, just out of reach of Bella's machete.  He'll dive for her if her attention is shifted to anyone/anything else, or if she reaches into the bag.  He'll prolly use this time to consider that bit about the gas.

((Apologies, Egan, but Ben really isn't the talky sort when he's on the losing side.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2017, 04:38:35 pm »

((Don't think you have a grip on the bag, as the character spoiler says it's "confiscated by Bella".))

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 16, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »

He does, I'm just lazy.
One wheel short of a wagon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 16, 2017, 08:43:30 pm »

"I wish to make a life debt sworn to me by a mortal magically binding. To clarify, because I spared his life, I desire for him to serve me to the best of his ability until I die, at which point he will be freed from my service. The contract shall NOT end when he dies or if he becomes a magical creature. What will you require from me in order to do this?"

Yeah, I know that, due to the way that is worded, Random McMageGuy will be freed if I achieve lichdom. Don't worry, it's all part of the plan.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 17, 2017, 11:54:09 pm »

Can I see the rock from behind my cover?

Count the shots.. how many have there been?  Put an illusion of my head and neck over my hand, extending well beyond the end of my hand.  When that's done, put the illusion out of cover to continue drawing fire.  Keep counting shots.. this pistol only has six shots, Ben took a pistol away from the others, there shouldn't be too many shots left.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:57:56 pm by Devastator »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 18, 2017, 01:39:45 am »

I go back to the monolith
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 86