Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153565 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2017, 12:26:55 pm »

"Okay Ben, lets sneak up and see if they still want to fight.  Bella will distract them, so if they're still game we can take them by suprise.  If they've given it up, we should be able to just take whatever it is Vince wants from here."

"Also, can I have that gun?  I don't have one yet."

Hide the bodies, then climb the fence and head towards the location of the power source.  Take the gun if Ben offers it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:59:03 pm by Devastator »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2017, 12:54:20 pm »

"Well, I guess I'm off to scare off a monster, Hope I can get back."
Head near the lake, take a general look around.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2017, 08:11:24 pm »

Can I be waitlisted?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How do I make a caduceus and can I start with one?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:49:07 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2017, 08:35:42 pm »

"Hey Nanami, looks like there's some sort of magical sapient space rock in the dirt-covered area. And It's not being guarded. There's some dudes over in a bunch of confusing machinery though. I bet they thought those two guys was all they needed to protect the find, and everyone else is working on... something."

Touch down for a moment to converse. Then take back off and fly into that jumble of machinery at full speed. Looking for groups of unprepared weak dudes to slice up.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2017, 01:16:00 am »

You start with two clots that can be used to make magic items on that list.  As a caduceus costs two clots to make, you can make one yourself out of any meter-long staff like object and two flexable objects to wind around it.

That said, I would recommend moving points from agility, as that is mainly used when flying brooms.  Since magic items are restricted to their creators, you won't be able to make one to begin with.

You may also wish to consider carefully what objects you use to make your caduceus.  My wand, for instance, is extremely weak due to my choice of materials.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:17:54 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #620 on: July 26, 2017, 01:47:25 am »

Ben stares distractedly at Bella while Nanami talks, only responding when she asks him about the pistol.  "Hmm?  Oh, yeah, of course.  You keep waving that lightstick around, it's distracting, but it isn't a real weapon.  Take this, but be careful.  Finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, take aim before every shot, and keep it pointed at the ground or sky until you have something better to put holes in.  Here, take a knife too, it's safer."

Hand Nanami the pistol and an athame, then help her with the body.  Cover her with the P90 as she climbs over the fence, then climb after her if it's safe.  Stay low and quiet, only shooting if someone spots us and raises an alarm.  Otherwise, anyone who's in the way or quiet gets a knife--either stabbed or thrown, depending on range.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 26, 2017, 06:59:32 am »

You start with two clots that can be used to make magic items on that list.  As a caduceus costs two clots to make, you can make one yourself out of any meter-long staff like object and two flexable objects to wind around it.

That said, I would recommend moving points from agility, as that is mainly used when flying brooms.  Since magic items are restricted to their creators, you won't be able to make one to begin with.

You may also wish to consider carefully what objects you use to make your caduceus.  My wand, for instance, is extremely weak due to my choice of materials.
But I am going to use brooms, I am going to fight with agility and quickly heal myself and others while dodging attacks. Thats why 3 agility, its for evasion and to hit then run away.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 26, 2017, 12:04:05 pm »

But I am going to use brooms, I am going to fight with agility and quickly heal myself and others while dodging attacks. Thats why 3 agility, its for evasion and to hit then run away.

That's fine.  Making a cadeucus, though, will take your starting two clots.  You'll need to get a third one to make a broom, which make take some time.  I'm also saying that sometimes you defend yourself with stats other than agility.. a flying creature attacking a broom-rider may lead to the broom-rider defending with melee, for instance.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 26, 2017, 12:06:17 pm »

You'd seldom defend yourself with agility, because you only fight with agility in specific situations where movement is difficult... like being on top of a moving train or a very thin pole.

You always dodge with agility, but might in theory get into a situation where you can't dodge.
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 26, 2017, 12:26:42 pm »

I dont really plan of fighting directly at all, more like run the moment something brcomes dangerous and avoid being hit by stuff and maybe ram at stuff with a fast broom with a pointy thing at the end like a knife or something like that. Maybe i will switch a point from agility and put it into aim so I can use ranged attacks from a broom.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 26, 2017, 01:40:47 pm »

Name: Aisha Kassem

Backstory: This young woman used to be a regular babysitter and a decently good chemist in school. Once she learned art of alchemy she hasn't seen a day without being more or less tripping out on her own potions. Nowadays she makes living by producing and selling magical drugs for both recreational and performance enhancing purposes. She's also a bit delusional thanks to her constant drug use, so she currently believes she's a magical girl with transformation powers on mission to support the hero with her magical concoctions. So if you see her doing pirouettes and falling over, that's when she's hallucinating her transformation. Remember to compliment her new looks!

Physical Description: Arabic descendant young woman, 18 years old. Dark short hair, slightly malnourished look. Wears western clothes one size too large for her.

Stats:
Puissant - 0
Ritual - 1
Runic sight - 2
Banal combat - 0
Aim - 0
Melee - 0
Agility - 0
Practicality - 3

Say "YES" to drugs.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 26, 2017, 01:46:10 pm »

Accepted! You start with £50, two puissant clots that can be spent on the stuff in the OP or put into alchemical equipment, and a certificate that promises you a small amount of magical liquid from any magical being.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 26, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »

So mine was not accepted? btw I changedthe stats a bit to have aim

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:04 pm »

So mine was not accepted? btw I changedthe stats a bit to have aim
Sry, missed it. It is accepted, don't worry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 26, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »

Cool. One clot to enchant my alchemy set to improve output, power, and spectrum of effects per case basis. Can I spend second clot for a Backpack of Holding to keep my tools and potions in?

Also buy some bleach, very cheap booze, vinegar, spices and some other cheap housegold chemicals to experiment with. Or maybe let's leave that after I know where I am, what I got and so on.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:19:54 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86