Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153560 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »

I'll take the suit and cologne, leave the building, and draw the rune for Stoicism large somewhere where the people of the apartments could see it. Should help calm them down. Then book it. Is anyone going to drive the car back to the base? If so, ride with them.
You had a...

*facepalm*

Why didn't you use that on the recluse?

Addendum to my previous action: If OceanSoul uses his rune of Stoicism to calm down the Recluse, calmly lead him (the Recluse) out of the building and into the back of the van. If he tries to do so but doesn't make it to the Recluse this turn, hang around in a place on the fire escape where I can go back to the recluse and do the action noted above in one turn (next turn) if necessary.
Stoicism calms down those dealing with shock, tragedy, or injury. He's feeling hatred/fear toward magic, which is neither a shock, tragedy, or injury, so it won't work. The turn he was shocked with the realization that we were magic-users, I had just gotten in the confrontation with the vampire, so I was sorta caught up.
Ah. In that case, it's fine. It still might be worth a try, though- can we get GM confirmation (other than the initial description of the rune) that the rune works like that?
Says exactly that in the rune description, under my char sheet.
Well, yeah, but was it the GM's intent for the rune to ONLY deal with those conditions? Maybe he was just trying to list examples or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »

I'll take the suit and cologne, leave the building, and draw the rune for Stoicism large somewhere where the people of the apartments could see it. Should help calm them down. Then book it. Is anyone going to drive the car back to the base? If so, ride with them.
You had a...

*facepalm*

Why didn't you use that on the recluse?

Addendum to my previous action: If OceanSoul uses his rune of Stoicism to calm down the Recluse, calmly lead him (the Recluse) out of the building and into the back of the van. If he tries to do so but doesn't make it to the Recluse this turn, hang around in a place on the fire escape where I can go back to the recluse and do the action noted above in one turn (next turn) if necessary.
Stoicism calms down those dealing with shock, tragedy, or injury. He's feeling hatred/fear toward magic, which is neither a shock, tragedy, or injury, so it won't work. The turn he was shocked with the realization that we were magic-users, I had just gotten in the confrontation with the vampire, so I was sorta caught up.
Ah. In that case, it's fine. It still might be worth a try, though- can we get GM confirmation (other than the initial description of the rune) that the rune works like that?
Says exactly that in the rune description, under my char sheet.
Well, yeah, but was it the GM's intent for the rune to ONLY deal with those conditions? Maybe he was just trying to list examples or something.
No use in hindsight, but it's worth a shot.

NJ? Can you confirm the above?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2017, 06:19:26 pm »

The Recluse will now try to kill/repel magic users on sight, is (comparatively) immensely powerful, and is currently exploring his new and likely painful abilities.

I mean, you might ease his agony if he projects magical constructs again, or make him stress out less. But even Jimmy couldn't use the rune to sedate him in the way you're talking about.

Remember, from his POV, this guy was fine, you guys showed up and did weird stuff, and then his kidneys decided to burrow through his pancreas. "Stoic" isn't quite "buddha" or "Jesus", I'm afraid.
One wheel short of a wagon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 30, 2017, 07:07:45 pm »

The Recluse will now try to kill/repel magic users on sight, is (comparatively) immensely powerful, and is currently exploring his new and likely painful abilities.

I mean, you might ease his agony if he projects magical constructs again, or make him stress out less. But even Jimmy couldn't use the rune to sedate him in the way you're talking about.

Remember, from his POV, this guy was fine, you guys showed up and did weird stuff, and then his kidneys decided to burrow through his pancreas. "Stoic" isn't quite "buddha" or "Jesus", I'm afraid.
Wonderful.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 30, 2017, 07:12:52 pm »

Remember, from his POV, this guy was fine, you guys showed up and did weird stuff, and then his kidneys decided to burrow through his pancreas.
Hm... That gives me an idea.

Try to explain to the Recluse what he his and why this is happening (don't call him a "Recluse", though; call him an "Fateless" or something). Try to get him to calm down.

If he starts attacking me and hasn't been sniped yet, run away to the van and get inside.

If he has already been sniped and was mostly unaffected, explain to him that people are probably taking potshots at him because he's trying to murder people. Suggest that if he stops generating that storm/trying to hurt people, people might stop attacking him in return.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 30, 2017, 07:51:25 pm »

Remember, from his POV, this guy was fine, you guys showed up and did weird stuff, and then his kidneys decided to burrow through his pancreas.

Try to explain to the Recluse what he his and why this is happening (don't call him a "Recluse", though; call him an "Fateless" or something). Try to get him to calm down.

If he starts attacking me and hasn't been sniped yet, run away to the van and get inside.

If he has already been sniped and was mostly unaffected, explain to him that people are probably taking potshots at him because he's trying to murder people. Suggest that if he stops generating that storm/trying to hurt people, people might stop attacking him in return.

If this all begins settle out, we should hold some psychological assessment or intervention on his relationship with his fate.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #396 on: May 01, 2017, 04:10:23 am »

Ben watches the burning building with an appraising eye, eventually just shrugging and turning to Ellen "Eh, yeah, might as well skedaddle.  We can steal his corpse later, or hell, just grab some homeless guy and stick them in the van.  Bet Vince wouldn't know the difference, might as well try."

Just get in the van and drive off, taking Ellen if she wants.  Maybe stop if we see some convenient isolated homeless dude. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 01, 2017, 11:40:25 am »

Yup, we leaving.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Cut and Run
« Reply #398 on: May 04, 2017, 02:02:59 pm »

Good grief, a member of the Coven actually helping people. You take the lids off a handful of highlighter pens, hold them in a fist, and draw a seven foot rune on the lobby floor: a series of broken concentric circles. Hey, looking at it makes you feel calmer.

You join the ever-expanding "sling your hook" party on the truck.

only one thing we can do at this point: kill the recluse.
Attempt to snipe the recluse with my pen knife's spell, and book it if it fails to hit a vital area and kill them quickly.

Derrick sets off towards the Recluse with violence aforethought, shoving his way past the panicked residents on the stairs, until he gets to the third floor. As he approaches the burning corridor, gale force winds rise up around him, air streaming in towards the Recluse's apartment. The corridor is almost completely destroyed: the floorboards are on fire and collapsing, the walls are practically nonexistent, and the ceiling is groaning dubiously. The winds are even stronger in such an enclosed space, rushing constantly backwards and forwards, while huge clouds of smoke obscure his vision.

Meanwhile, Sir Worthington rushes back up the fire escape and hurls open the doors, nearly thrown over the railings by the jets of air flying from the corridor. He pushes into the corridor, and is met with a wall of flame between him and his target. The Recluse staggers back and forth outside his apartment door, waving his arms wildly at the flames, which are leaping and swaying in the blast. He stands about twenty feet away as Derrick takes aim across an expanse of collapsed and charred floorboards.

Aim: 1+0-1

Derrick manages to hit the floor underneath his feet with a magical projectile, slicing into it hard. The already burnt and weakened boards collapse at once, as do the walls and some of the ceiling, sending him down ten feet in a fiery torrent of wood and carpet.

Agility: 2

Derrick suffers superficial bruises and a broken leg, which is perhaps less of a problem than being trapped under a pile of rubble in a burning apartment building. Naturally, he's in a lot of pain now, but at least he's low enough to the ground to avoid choking for the time being. Might want to formulate an escape plan pretty soon.

Sir Worthington continues trying to reason with an enraged and chaotic demigod, neither of them noticing Derrick. He shouts something across the fire between them, but it doesn't matter what, as the Recluse isn't really listening. To his credit, the man is trying to put out the fires he started, not that it's working or anything. He's finally acknowledging and grappling with his non-pleasureable magical powers, which is probably doing a lot of crazy shit to his hormones and stuff right now, and he really isn't pleased to see the guy he just chased away with a cyclone of acid. The guy screaming at him six metres away.

Aim: 4

The Recluse raises his arm, and a silver distortion forms around it, like pre-colour film burning up in a projector. Then the distortion heads towards Sir Worthington at high speed, expanding out into a shock of compressed air that slams into the hapless witch like a freight train, hurling him through the fire escape and out the building at an incredible pace.

Agility: 5

The lucky tosser. Sir Worthington slams into the balcony railing legs first, one limb detaching at the hip and spiralling away, before he flips over and over through the air to land on the top of the fleeing truck, breaking quite a few of his remaining bones in the process. Naturally, he blacks out from the g-force and pain, but might just survive with sufficient medical attention.

Yup, we leaving.
Ah Fuck it, I'm out of here.
Ben watches the burning building with an appraising eye, eventually just shrugging and turning to Ellen "Eh, yeah, might as well skedaddle.  We can steal his corpse later, or hell, just grab some homeless guy and stick them in the van.  Bet Vince wouldn't know the difference, might as well try."

Just get in the van and drive off, taking Ellen if she wants.  Maybe stop if we see some convenient isolated homeless dude. 
The three of you pile into the van and drive off, Goethe hopping onto the back at the last minute, the doors still swinging widly. He notices Sir Worthington flying out of the building after being hit with a cavitation bubble, while everyone feels the thump as the body lands on the roof.

Ben and Jimmy manage to avoid any squad cars or fire engines with their combined experience in such matters, and the truck ends up in a fairly quite avenue a handful of streets away from the trouble.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 04, 2017, 02:20:35 pm »

Head back to base, Tell the boss how SOMEONE decided to screw around with/around the recluse rather then Knocking him out/tieing him down and dragging him back... and because his power seems ta have been ta tear holes in reality we couldn't kill him ta drag back either.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2017, 02:27:10 pm »

"So, how'd your side of the mission go? Other than absolutely failing the 'don't let him find out you're magic' part, that is. I was looking for the recluse downstairs, but I only found an Italian vampire mafia. Wouldn't have taken so long if Jimmy wasn't stealing from the same people. I could've handled the Recluse with a good ol' Stoicism rune before things got bad if I never got caught up with em'. Oh yeah, did I ever pass out the Sharpies to you all? They're good when you just need to write down a rune.

Oh, Ellen? Didn't you get some Unyeilding Greed rune or something? Can you tell how much this suit's worth? How about Jimmy's gold coins?"

Look toward where the apartments are. If some final big exploding corrosion happens, I want a puissance from it. Also, if I get those stat points, add them to Puissant Fettle and Aim.

Oh, and one more thing, after that Ninja; "Jimmy, I'll have to remind Vince that YOU decided to screw around with AND around the vampires mafia by stealing their stuff. I was almost sucked into an offer I couldn't refuse. At least we still have the gold to make up for it".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2017, 02:31:38 pm »

(How did I manage to cut the floor directly underneath me? That makes no goddamn sense at all...
shove the rubble off me, and limp away from the building as fast as my legs will carry.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2017, 02:36:04 pm »

"Ah Fagget about it, I've got runes for breaking into magical places 'n Surviving things that I really should die from, Ya should 'a run when ya spotted me. But since I get th' feeling you a won't shut up in front of Vince about that, Hows about this; you keep quite and we split the gold, half the gold ya you, half to me"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 04, 2017, 03:01:32 pm »

"I've already covered for you; by being at the door, I accidentally distracted that one vampire that answered my knocks. Without that, you would've surely been caught. I already deserve half the gold."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Cut and Run
« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »

Ben sighs and mutters something about honesty under his breath, but is otherwise silent on the trip home.

Yup, driving back to Vince.  Ben's just gonna ignore him while he grabs something to eat, the crazies can explain things well enough.  Edit: At some point, park and quickly retrieve the broken body from on top of the van.  No idea how he stayed up there so long, but we better get him down before some cop spots him.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86