Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153759 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2017, 10:42:10 am »

Head back in and head up to the second floor.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2017, 01:36:08 pm »

Ben kicks one the corpses, before sighing and walking back to the receptionist. "See?  What did I tell you?  They're all like this, real men wouldn't charge a gunman with swords, but they aren't real men.  Idiots even stab themselves whenever they get a papercut, it's crazy.  I only winged the one but he's probably off sobbing and failing to commit suicide in some corner now.  I'm telling you, you don't want to get entangled with people like that.

Return to the receptionist, then relax watchfully near her while giving her some life advice.  Shoot any samurai that decide to come by, nice clean headshots this time.
No further attacks. You see two pale young men in evening dress wheeling a refrigerator past (not the one you opened), and a third, elderly well-dressed man dragging a large wooden box. They see you, scowl, and keep going. These guys move unnaturally fast and gracefully, even for professionals.

Spoiler: unvalourous babbling (click to show/hide)

If I somehow survive this, I'm probably getting a rune for blabbermouth. Anyway, be ready to react to whatever happens next.

Edit: Also, Drop an ice cream demon. The other one does specifically nothing, unless it would undo my isolation rune's effects, in which case drop it, too.
You sing like a canary, before the old man's eyes widen, and you are flung into the bathroom shower a third of the way through. Your wand is thrown in after you.

"Stay there. Idiot says there's a Recluse upstairs, witches around here too."
"Shit. They're probably poking him with a wand to see how he reacts right now. We need to move."
"You get Uncle Misti, I'll take the coffin. Hurry."
"I thought the energy here was just ambient-"
"Ambient bollocks. We'll find a new place, get out of here now before the ceiling falls in."
"You follow us we kill you."

You are left alone in the apartment as the hastily packaged coffin and for some reason the fridge are taken hurriedly out through the door.

go investigate the corpse. Strip it of anything valuable and easily accessible like money and weapons.
You get a katana, and some leather armour with metal bits, if you want it.

"Glorious nipping steel thousand folded cut through anything."

Grab a sword and cast wand spell 2 on it.
The katana is too long to be turned into a wand.

Wisdom: 6

The obvious answer here is to snap the katana in half. And you're going to do exactly that.

Prac: 3

You hit the katana against the wall a few times, but it doesn't break. Maybe this wasn't the best plan.

[/s]You also percieve some crazy summoning shit going on upstairs. Well, crazy from your limited experience of magic. It's as powerful as, say, Sand was at her most dangerous, not that you saw that.

"I would, but your magical acid has blocked off the way to the stairwell. Would you mind removing it for me?"

If he removes it, head back down the stairwell and go visit Room 6/OceanSoul (casually).

"By the way- that was some !@#$ good summoning, old sport. If I had my hat with me, I would tip it to you."
He doesn't remove it, just grimly concentrates on the swirling mass of acid, which grows to cyclonic proportions, already stripping away the walls. Looks like your exits include the fire escape at the end of the corridor, the balcony in his apartment, or through someone else's apartment.

The spinning waves of corrosive start moving towards you, faster and faster. Now would be a good time to either run or fight.

Head back in and head up to the second floor.
You walk up the stairwell and onto the second floor. You see a whirling mass of clear liquid, like heavy sheets of rain had been superimposed on the corridor. There's also a lot of smoke, and you're beginning to see though the floorboards and people's doors.

Runic Sight: 3+3=6

You also spot a magic gem twinkling in the wake of the acid, over a patch of dangerously eroded floorboards, quite close to apartment 24's door.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:50:15 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2017, 01:43:50 pm »

[Excuse me fine sir], I wasn't trying to make a wand. I was trying to cast my wand's spell on the sword.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:54:37 pm by Egan_BW »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »

GRAB THAT GEM, BROOM AWAY TO ROOM 24.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:48:44 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2017, 01:49:49 pm »

No fuck you, I wasn't trying to make a wand. I was trying to cast my wand's spell on the sword.
Shit. Ill just redact that, it works fine, the sword gets pointier, there are a few spikes round the handle now, the blade is darker, slightly serrated, that stuff. No major difference, unless you want to trade it with a bunch of weaboo goths.

Post another action if you like.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2017, 01:59:18 pm »

Head back outside and talk to vince.
"Things aren't going well here. Worthington attacked me and aggravated the recluse, and I doubt we'll be able to calm the recluse back down. Should we abort?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2017, 02:00:37 pm »

No response. Vince isn't here or watching you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:03 pm »

Thought he was in the front seat? Eh, in that case I guess I'll have to do something else.

Go outside and wait for the fireworks to either calm down or consume the city block. In the latter case, move farther away.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »

The vampires said "stay here" and "don't follow us", but considering the danger to myself, I'm sure I'll be okay breaking the first one as long as strictly abide by the second one. Wait until the vampires leave the apartment, Take a quick look through the apartment for anything light (or a weapon, since I have that dwarven weapon storage rune), magical and/or valuable in some way or another, take some of that stuff, and leave the building via a route that the vampires aren't taking. If vampires are in a specific direction, go the other way. Also, look through the bathroom while waiting.

Also, if the magical corrosion kills the Recluse, we can technically bring part of his body to Vince and have completed our mission.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2017, 06:42:55 pm »

Thought he was in the front seat? Eh, in that case I guess I'll have to do something else.
Er he had me Drive the Rest of us here, Sorry.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »

"Are... are you sure you want to commit murder, or at least very severe property damage? Why are you doing this? Can we talk about this?"

Position myself so that the cyclone is between me and the recluse, and I am between the recluse/the cyclone and the fire exit. If he starts to get consumed by the cyclone, gently try to pull him out of it and take him with me to the fire exit. If he gets mad at me (whether or not the cyclone starts to consume him), leave him and go out of the fire exit.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 26, 2017, 07:50:02 pm »

ponder the following before going back up to check on the others with my new katana and leather armor secured in the truck with my crate: Can my magical items be "disenchanted" to regain the clots I put in? Also, what is the most likely result of turning a katana into a magical staff?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2017, 08:14:10 pm »

Side note: I was really hoping to be able to sell the vampires my paintbrush wand- it can create blood out of puissance (if you have some preserved blood (or someone who has blood that cut himself) already), so I figured that it would be really valuable to them. Maybe they could have used their hypnotic powers (do vampires in this universe have those?) to calm the Recluse down and put him to sleep or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2017, 01:21:20 am »

Ben gestures to the vampires as they walk past "Now, those guys seem with it, obvious professionals.  Money to support you, and any kids, good and law-abiding, probably aware of how to defend themselves in a fight.  One of them would make a fine husband, far better than these samurai creeps.  Hell, I bet-" at this moment, Ben sees Ellen leave the building, holding no more than a katana.  He leaves with a simple "Hold that thought a moment.  Don't call anyone!" and rushes to catch up.

"Hey, what's happening upstairs?  I kept your flank safe, and kept the receptionist occupied, you get our man?"

Follow Ellen [Egan] and interrogate her on what's happened.  Then stay outside with her, re-hiding the various weapons Ben's been using.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2017, 01:37:09 am »

"No, one of our allies had the genius idea of aggravating him, and now the man is setting things on fire using acid."
Ellen turns her head to look at Ben.
"Hmm. You're that guy who doesn't believe in magic, yes? Why don't you go up there and apprehend the guy? Shouldn't be very hard, as he's unarmed."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 86