Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153919 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Cannibalism and Nostalgia
« Reply #270 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:34 am »

"Heh heh heh heh, idiots. Do you even realise who I am? Ugh, who am I kidding, you mortal things probabaly don't even remember me. Now, let me out of this vehicle and maybe I'll consider not blowing your heads into tiny little pieces."
Sir Lootington's voice turns very sinistir... hopefully his days of acting when he was younger will pay off... in a good way.

Intimidate the cops into letting me go... preferably with my staff. I really shouldn't be throwing my trust into a dice that rolled me a 1, but screw it.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2017, 11:03:33 am »

Oh dear, it looks like I still have 0 Puissant fettle. I had requested many pages back, before I got in the game, to switch a point from Ritual potency to Puissant fettle, as I'm unlikely to use the former much:
Would you mind kindly moving a point from Ritual potency to Puissant fettle on my sheet? On further consideration, I do think that I would like to have any Puissence at all.
Could you change that for me? I haven't uses those stats yet.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Cannibalism and Nostalgia
« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2017, 11:32:05 am »

((Assuming you meant .410 rather than 4.10, as the latter would be a small artillery piece.  Knowing this game, though, I guess it could be quite possible that someone made an AR-15 in such a caliber.))

"Four-ten?!  What, do I look like a fucking toddler to you?  Don't you have something with real stopping power?  Even some SMG would be fine, at least that's a real weapon of war!"

Complain about the gun for awhile, asking for something better.  If that's really the best available for the money Ben has, it he'll take it anyway, then return to Vince's house.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 06, 2017, 12:00:53 am »

Make my glass eye into a pendant using a clot. Use my other clot to turn a paintbrush into a wand (the other British-stereotype guy already has a cane staff, and I don't want to force you to think up more cane-related spells/abilities).

If it won't ruin the hat/keep it filled with liquid all of the time, use my top hat as the container for my chalice. If it will, use a small tupperware container instead (fashion a bandolier of sorts out of random scraps so that I won't have to hold it). Use battery fluid and the frog goo as my chalice's liquids.

Make my way to the mission area.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:03:30 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2017, 12:15:56 pm »

return and attempt to enchant the shield into a staff. It's the size that matters, not the shape right?
There are indeed no specifications about shape. So the shield is... rusty scrap metal. Right, that's going to be a powerful, elemental staff...made from raw materials. It may hamper your movement a bit though, being most of a car door.

The staff you create has three spells. The first, draining three puissance, sends out a blast of degenerative energy, weakening structures made of artificial materials within 10 metres. This includes, much to the chagrin of commuters around you, things as small as mobile phones and keys.

The second spell drains five puissance. Defensive in nature, it calls up huge sheets of scrap metal from the ground, jagged and warped, which rise around you and close in a cone metres above your head. There's plently of room inside, and you can still slip out between the sheets, but very little can hit you, unless it puncture several inches of rusty steel.

The third spell expands the shield itself, turning it into a rusted iron greatshield wider and taller than you, though the weight doesn't change. It doesn't cost puissance to summon at all, though blocking things with it will, as do the experimental shield bashes and swipes you try with it.

Calling it now, it's a rescue mission.
Return to the base. Check if we have the equipment needed to make coffee. You'll see why if the opportunity ever comes up.
Vince has a coffee machine... yep. And the rescue mission idea is very close...

I'm Already back with my new broom, Ready to go!
Vince yells at you for being a smartass anyway, but you can tell he's secretly pleased. Like when Big Luigi threatened to break your knees with a bat when you took the initiative on a hit. Those were the days.

You could upgrade your broom with the two clots you have, you know. Or upgrade your wand given one more (three).

"Heh heh heh heh, idiots. Do you even realise who I am? Ugh, who am I kidding, you mortal things probabaly don't even remember me. Now, let me out of this vehicle and maybe I'll consider not blowing your heads into tiny little pieces."
Sir Lootington's voice turns very sinistir... hopefully his days of acting when he was younger will pay off... in a good way.

Intimidate the cops into letting me go... preferably with my staff. I really shouldn't be throwing my trust into a dice that rolled me a 1, but screw it.
One of the cops is holding your staff, but can't detect anything unusual about it. You moan and whine about needing it to walk, it being an heirloom, etc, and give such a good performance as "arthiritic old man" that the police begin to think they have the wrong guy, and give you the cane back. Mistake.

Sadly, your threats and promises do nothing. Looks like the magic that got you into this will have to get you out again. There's no room to swing a club... so summoning the oak tree it is.

The police car is doing sixty along an empty street. Frankly, nobody should survive an oak tree growing directly through a speeding police car, but the spell's purpose is to protect you... it's a coinflip really here. Are you feeling lucky?

[Tails]

In a final act of terrorism, you smash the staff through the floor of the car and force it to transform into a gigantic tree. Branches rip the roof apart, tearing the car open, while expanding roots flail desperately at the ground, ripping the concrete apart and smothering the wheels. The car swerves whildly then smashes into a house, to which the oak tree immediately takes hold. The explosion that comes a second later kills you and any police officers still in the vehicle, despite the branches desperately shielding you.

Instead of a crater, your memorial is a ten-foot oak tree growing horizontally out of someone's front room, a battered and smoking squad car impaled by the trunk.

Oh dear, it looks like I still have 0 Puissant fettle. I had requested many pages back, before I got in the game, to switch a point from Ritual potency to Puissant fettle, as I'm unlikely to use the former much:
Would you mind kindly moving a point from Ritual potency to Puissant fettle on my sheet? On further consideration, I do think that I would like to have any Puissence at all.
Could you change that for me? I haven't uses those stats yet.
Sure, sorry.

((Assuming you meant .410 rather than 4.10, as the latter would be a small artillery piece.  Knowing this game, though, I guess it could be quite possible that someone made an AR-15 in such a caliber.))

"Four-ten?!  What, do I look like a fucking toddler to you?  Don't you have something with real stopping power?  Even some SMG would be fine, at least that's a real weapon of war!"

Complain about the gun for awhile, asking for something better.  If that's really the best available for the money Ben has, it he'll take it anyway, then return to Vince's house.
The gunfarmer scowls at you.

"For what you've got, you can buy a submachine gun, if you're so concerned about spraying out lead. I plan on hitting the things I shoot at first time, but I guess that's your choice."

He hands you a completely black, unreflective P90, but elongated and unbranded. Fifty rounds.

"From your attitude, you don't know much about gunfarmers. You might not have realised, but this weapon is alive. And not only is she living, she can reproduce and feed. Each bullet is a single egg, and it can gestate into another living weapon if you get it in a dead body. She won't fire any rounds that aren't hers, but if you fight well, you don't need to worry about running out. She feeds off death, see, and the more she eats, the more eggs she makes, and the more rounds you have. So if people are dying nearby, you'll get more ammunition.

"Don't worry about keeping all the bodies, if the guns hatch they'll find their way into the flock from the wild. But you want to keep a couple for yourself, you can do that. Oh, and we'll take the ring, not the blood. At least we can trade that trash with kobolds."

Make my glass eye into a pendant using a clot. Use my other clot to turn a paintbrush into a wand (the other British-stereotype guy already has a cane staff, and I don't want to force you to think up more cane-related spells/abilities).

If it won't ruin the hat/keep it filled with liquid all of the time, use my top hat as the container for my chalice. If it will, use a small tupperware container instead (fashion a bandolier of sorts out of random scraps so that I won't have to hold it). Use battery fluid and the frog goo as my chalice's liquids.

Make my way to the mission area.

Wait, all chalices cost 1+ clots to make, while pendants and wands both take one clot at tier one. Please specify two (or one, if it's just a two-clot chalice). I'll give the stuff to you respectively, don't worry.
And making it into a chalice using battery fluid and magic mucus will ruin that hat.

Allocation of Runes
Some people have seen or done things during break between missions that taught them letters in the alphabet of magic. Here are the runes gained since Mission One finished.

Goethe T. Helle
Dwarven Weapon Storage: learned from a dwarf carrying a small armoury on his back. Increases load of weapons and tools that can be borne without being hampered or slowed down, or collapsing outright.

Ellen York
Unending Avarice: you can tell which loot is the most expensive and tradeable instantly, and can grab it as well. Pearls, money, fur coats, expensive champagne, and all things glamourous are magically attracted to your questing fingers.
Wallfish: a rune derived from snails you particularly enjoyed eating with pearls and vinegar. Better at avoiding damage when in or heading for cover.

Jimmy "Car bombs" Castanza
Scrap-crafting: after making a wand with bicycle horns, you have improved at making stuff out of junk. And you were already great at making stuff out of junk.
Oligarchy: a rune revealed to you the first time you flew over London, spelled out in the twistings of the financial buildings and the houses of millionares. Increases your power according to how much money you have.
Punctuality: You're good at getting things done on time.

And that's it.

Vince, once everyone but Sir Lootington is assembled around his kitchen table, explains the mission.

"One of the less known types of magical human are the Recluses. Recluses are people gifted with great power, often destined to be mighty heroes or the creators new branches of magic. But out of fear, stupidity or the pressure of mortal society, they fail to use their abilties. Because of the perverse and stubborn nature of magic, this merely increases their potency tenfold, though their gifts are raw and undeveloped. Recluses are massive and unhappy vessels of magical energy they can't or won't find an outlet for. It's a bit like a pore getting blocked and swelling up into a boil or pustule. They will generally try to avoid close contact with mortals, and keep away from members of the magical community. Many of them hardly go outside.

"Your mission is to find one of these Recluses in a certain apartment complex, and to get them into the back of a truck I'll give you. There is heavy magical machinery in there, so be careful with it. The machinery will start by itself and neutralize any threat if you shut the door with the Recluse inside. There will even be several clots and some loot in it for you, if you don't fuck up. And try and keep the Recluse alive, it will work better that way, though you should still put him in if he is dead. So you're going to have to choose whether your attacks are lethal or nonlethal."

Vince tosses the keys to Jimmy and begins to shoo you out to the truck.

"I'd recommend having a plan, as the Recluse may be reluctant to comply, and will grow stronger when in danger or stressed. Any questions?"

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:27:45 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2017, 12:54:21 pm »

None from me, Lets Drive!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2017, 01:26:22 pm »

No worries, though I should now have 6/6 puissance, rather than 5/5. <3

"Let's see, what stuff does everyone else have to restrain the guy? I could tangle him in vines, threaten him with supernaturally pointy objects, or just kick him in the face."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 08, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »

"is there a window in the back of the truck? I have an idea, but I need to make our intentions as trustworthy as possible. Also, would getting in the back with them be dangerous for us in any way?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 08, 2017, 01:46:44 pm »

So, um, do I exist now???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:02:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 08, 2017, 01:52:41 pm »

No? Wait for someone to die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 08, 2017, 02:03:37 pm »

No? Wait for someone to die.

[Tails]

In a final act of terrorism, you smash the staff through the floor of the car and force it to transform into a gigantic tree. Branches rip the roof apart, tearing the car open, while expanding roots flail desperately at the ground, ripping the concrete apart and smothering the wheels. The car swerves whildly then smashes into a house, to which the oak tree immediately takes hold. The explosion that comes a second later kills you and any police officers still in the vehicle, despite the branches desperately shielding you.

Instead of a crater, your memorial is a ten-foot oak tree growing horizontally out of someone's front room, a battered and smoking squad car impaled by the trunk.

Oh look, dead person.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:07:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »

"Do we know anything specific about this recluse's powers? Such as things we know he's done with it in the past, or the fate he was supposed to have?

Also, Jimmy, you look a little encumbered with all that stuff you've got on you. Thankfully, I've just obtained a rune for carrying more things without encumbrance. It should help. Where do you want me to write it? Of course, you COULD just drop some of the less useful stuff. That concrete and pipe seems rather useless. I mean, you COULD turn it into a staff, but is it worth it?"

And TBF, if you're getting in this, you ought to make a REAL quick action. The important parts are, what do you want to buy, what do you want to make into a wand or other weapon with your clots, and, possibly, what you want to use your magic coupon for.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:08:02 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 08, 2017, 02:07:41 pm »

Nope. You exist next mission, we're not waiting.

"is there a window in the back of the truck? I have an idea, but I need to make our intentions as trustworthy as possible. Also, would getting in the back with them be dangerous for us in any way?"
"There is a small window from the back of the truck into the front; it will slam shut once you have him inside."

"It would be dangerous for you in every way."

"Do we know anything specific about this recluse's powers? Such as things we know he's done with it in the past, or the fate he was supposed to have?

Also, Jimmy, you look a little encumbered with all that stuff you've got on you. Thankfully, I've just obtained a rune for carrying more things without encumbrance. It should help. Where do you want me to write it? Of course, you COULD just drop some of the less useful stuff. That concrete and pipe seems rather useless. I mean, you COULD turn it into a staff, but is it worth it?"
"Nope. Nothing about him. That's what you find out. We don't even know which apartment he lives in, just the building."
One wheel short of a wagon

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 08, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »

"Er...how will we detect them, then?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 08, 2017, 04:50:18 pm »

"I don't imagine he's very subtle, being such a powerful magical conduit.
Actually, Vince, do you know it's a he?"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86