Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 153558 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Concluding moments
« Reply #1005 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:46 pm »

"Oh, good point. Guess I'll just leave you all to get killed by the thing. Seeya!"

Swoop down to behead the alchemist. Land, hit him with the axe again, and let my flame fully incinerate his entire desecrated corpse and all his possessions.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:53:42 am by Egan_BW »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Concluding moments
« Reply #1006 on: January 13, 2018, 09:23:58 pm »

You already ruined the ambush, horribly burned me and also almost woke up an undead abomination. Now you want to abandon us? What the hell.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Death and Victory
« Reply #1008 on: January 20, 2018, 02:30:26 pm »

Zamenia carefuly aims his makeshit spear at the hearth of the yellow dude and throws it with all of his strenght. If it hits, try to absorb as much of his blood as possible.
Normal body armor doesn't stand up well to repeated hits; fill yellowjacket with lead until he's very, very dead.
"Oh, good point. Guess I'll just leave you all to get killed by the thing. Seeya!"

Swoop down to behead the alchemist. Land, hit him with the axe again, and let my flame fully incinerate his entire desecrated corpse and all his possessions.
Don will head down to street level and be ready to summon on the alchemist while the others haul if he breaks free of stunlock. If the path is clear, he will join in hauling. If I summon, try and figure out what the giraffes do.
After endless exchanges of fire and rushes, the Coven finally concentrates its firepower on the alchemist in yellow leather.

Ben: 6+3
Zamenis: 5+2
Bella: 6+1
Don: 3+2

Alchemist: 2+2

Cursing and screaming, the alchemist staggers and falls under a hail of machine gun fire and sword blows. Vials and potions smash, sparks and flames billowing. Zamenis and Bella fly back towards the battle, the lich falling behind and trailing smoke. Bella swoops down towards the alchemist with axe held high, and embeds the blade in the back of his skull. Zamenis holds his broom overhead and throws it true, impaling his prey on draconic enamel, the alchemically charged lifeblood seeping into the tooth. Having let go of the thing supporting him in midair, he does the usual double take before plummeting thirty feet to a kneecap-crunching landing.

Spouting blood and occult fluids, the alchemist collapses in a heap of leather and laboratory equipment, finally beaten. Don, Ben and Zamenis each gain a clot of magical energy, while the lich feels his true being gain in might (Choose one stat to increase by one). Bella meanwhile steps forwards for the coup de grace, pyromancy flame at the ready.

In the last of a long line of questionable decisions, Bella tries to start a magical conflagration in an atmosphere already crackling with energy, by setting fire to an extremely powerful individual as well as a wide collection of potions, alchemical tools, unidentified magical objects and explosives. While burning one or two of these objects might result in a powerful pyromancy, attempting to absorb all of them into one's being carries major risks.

Pyromancy: 3

It does not turn out well. As soon as Bella's enhanced flame catches the bundle of incendiary sticks held beneath the higly treated cloaking, a rapidly expanding ball of gas heats every other magical item held beneath the alchemist's coat to astronomical temperatures. As these react violently with everything around them, and several things a few dimensions over, the alchemist's extremely potent blood also fizzes and boils, releasing more power than he had any right to have. The resulting sphere of magically chaged plasma atomizes everything within six feet of Bella and the alchemist, while the shockwaves and heat shatter and blacken objects a good deal further away.

Take on the swordwoman in a one on one duel
3+3 vs 6+3+1

As Nanami backs away from the leather-hooded assassin, electricity arcing from the longsword to the ground, Steve steps in between them, drawing his own rusted blade. Nanami climbs into the driver's cabin and begins inching the truck away from the battle, the mass of skeletons and machinery it carries swaying precariously.

The two warriors clash in a cascade of slashes and blocks, Steve's face set in a grimace as current runs through his hands from his opponent's blade. Sparks fly from the dancing blades, the combatants balanced on the edge of the widening sinkhole. After a wild overhead swing misses the swordswoman, Steve feels his legs kicked from under him and his weapon knocked from his grasp. Two or three body blows follow, each delivering punishing electrics shocks. His opponent briefly kicks him prone before striding towards the rear of the truck, longsword crackling with renewed fury, ready to slash apart the vehicle's engines, likely waking the dread presence residing on top.

Before she reaches it, a bloodied hand catches her ankle. Expressionless, she looks down at Steve, aware of the finality of his choice. As the truck drives away unhurt, she brings her sword down on his shoulder, shearing bones and driving the edge deep into his chest. For a second, she and the dying Steve watch each other, some form of understanding occuring between the warriors. Then the alchemist and his chemicals explode, the blast flattening the two fighters. When the smoke clears, neither is still standing.

Run around the truck to the door, and try to enter it and move it further from the action.  Trust to my teammates to take care of the swordswoman behind me.
Nanami jumps into the truck, desperately twisting the keys in the ignition, and agonisingly slowly drives away from Steve and the warrior he delays. She takes the flatbed truck with its massive stone sarcophagus and alchemical paraphenalia past Ben, who cheers, and accelerates away down the street, intimidating smaller vehicles into swerving aside. From behind her comes a brilliant flash, while dozens of vials embedded in the tangle of machinery burst in sympathy, showering the skulls with blue sparks. Steady pulses of power begin to emanate from the coffin, as whatever is being kept asleep begins to wake up for real. Whatever Nanami is going to do, she'd better do it.

As the glow from Bella's explosion fades, the surviving Coven members are left standing around a massive crater, arcane energies flitting through the air with an ozone tang distinguishable from the general stench of burning. The street is covered in the burning wrecks of vehicles, flaming trash and segments of fallen masonry. Vince's truck edges round the crater to the star, the wheel twisting despite nobody sitting in the driver's seat, remotely controlled somehow. The back doors open to reveal the familiar assortment of machines and random objects that comprise Vince's tech, while Don attaches the crystalline ropes that hold the glowing sphere to the insides. Slowly, the power source is pulled into the truck, the brilliant light cut out as the doors slam shut on it.

Zamenis gingerly retrieves his phylactery from the side of the crater, the broom attached to it long since frazzled to a crisp. The truck doors open and slam a few times, as if to indicate that if anyone has anything left to do there, they should hurry up and do it.

All survivors can go up by one in both magical and mundane stats.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 20, 2018, 03:16:02 pm »

Take a point in practicality and runic sight.

Drive the truck across the canal to the concrete plant immediately on the other side.  Run the truck straight to the truck filling dock and use knowledge, charisma, illusions and fast-talking to pull a Bavarian Fire Drill and bury the casket and all it's related gear in tons of wet concrete.  Leave before things go to hell, but that should at least slow the necromancer down for a time.  Ditch the scene and head back to Vince's.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:11:04 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 20, 2018, 03:46:55 pm »

Try to find and take the racing broom of the witch that burned me. Seems she won't be needing it anymore. Once the broom is recovered or I confirm that it was destroyed, get in the truck and upgrade Agility, Aim and Puissant fettle (Extra point from lichdom).

If there is enough time, try to recover the body (and maybe the pair of swords involved into the fight if I can find them) from the guy who died in the sword fight. Otherwise just get into Vince's truck.

Make sure to fix up and heal everyone in the truck, including me. If no one minds and I had enough time to recover the body, stab Steve's corpse in the heart with my phylactery and suck it's magical blood. If no one opposes to tearing him appart, surgically remove his whole spine to use as the staff of the Caduceus, and his intestines for the "snake-like" flexible part of the Caduceus. Make the Caduceus with my 2 clots.

((Now that I have 2 clots, I'm considering making a caduceus to heal more effectively. Could anyone help me gather materials later? I'll need a human spine (Probably from Steve's corpse (Sorry Steve.)) and 2 snake skeletons.))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:05:18 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 20, 2018, 03:51:05 pm »

(I don't think the broom survived, but if it did, it's mine now, due to making a deal with Bella before she died.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 20, 2018, 03:58:59 pm »

(Oh, but you don't have agility (broom stat). I kind of really need a broom since I'm building my character around brooms and ranged combat, but if you really want it then ask me IC about it. I'm taking it now as a "payment" for burning me and my broom.)

(Is there something I could to to keep the broom? Maybe a trade or helping you in something?)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:03:21 pm by randomgenericusername »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 20, 2018, 05:41:10 pm »

That sounds like ideal circumstances for pyromancy, really.
Anyway, you said you wanted a Puissance build?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 20, 2018, 05:46:37 pm »

((@Devastator, if you tell me about your concrete plant venture, Don can pick you up to drive you back, he has a Maserati he stole.

I'll grab the sword if nobody else does. Also, we could try and kill necromancer guy, but eh.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 20, 2018, 05:56:36 pm »

"I'll be driving back in a car I got, if anyone wants a separate ride. We need that sword, too."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 20, 2018, 07:57:15 pm »

(NJW said there was basically no loot and the broom was destroyed, in any case.  Stuff got vaporized.  I'll let NJW elaborate.)

(And Nanami doesn't have time, or the desire, really, to bring in others about the concrete plant.  She can't stop you, but..)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2018, 08:06:01 pm »

(I mean, her broom is still listed on her inventory, but mine (which was the one that got vaporized) is not on my sheet. Also the thing is pretty damn good (Tier Four!) and exactly what I need after losing my other broom. It's very worth searching for.)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2018, 08:11:49 pm »

(I did ask NJW specifically about it on IRC, and he said the broom was gone and there's pretty much no loot at all.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 20, 2018, 08:39:29 pm »

(Both of them are gone? Damn it.
Can anyone lend me a broom in future missions? I have Agility 3 and I'm a healer that uses ranged attacks. Can't go combat medic without a broom.)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 86