Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42433 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 22) Roll to complete quests: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2017, 02:55:14 pm »

Enter. Cast Umbra on the target.

"Perish. Fade into the earth-" Nayrous growls.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 23) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »

Roll 23
----
@Rethi-Eli Please don't forget to distribute the 1 stat point you gained from leveling up.
--
Also, congrats to _DivideByZero_ for getting the first Ultimate item in the game!

--

Mercenary 1

"Well... that's one way to look at it." Daxon replies incredulously. He then goes to check the plant while you decide hold the severed head in your left arm. You have to admit, a skeleton holding a decapitated lamia's head did look pretty scary. Anyway, you take a few steps south and take the lid off the crate with some difficulty. Inside you find a sizable sum of gold, which you promptly loot. As you finish taking the gold, the relic hunter comes towards you.
"I think we should take those ingots on our way out." he says, gesturing towards the four gold ingots sitting in the corner in the north-west.
"Anyway, which way should we go?" he then asked.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You don't really have to enter anywhere, because you have a clear shot on the queen. Anyway, you proceed to cast two Umbra Bolts from behind your cover.

(Nayrous: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Armor protection: 1 - 3 - 1 = -3)
(Nayrous: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Millipuf Queen)

Unfortunately, your first shot impacts but doesn't do any damage while the second one misses. Just as the queen flew out of her hole along with the two other insects, Rhunon looses one arrow...

(Rhunon: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Dodge Millipuf Queen)
(Armor protection: 2 - 3 + 1 - 1 = -1)

Yet it is also deflected by the millipuf's armor. Groaning, the elf looses two more arrows, one after another, but they suddenly change trajectory and split up, each of them going for one of the Nereims instead.

(Rhunon: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15 vs 13 = 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 = -1 damage)
(Rhunon: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 17 vs 16 = 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 = 0 damage)

On the last second both Nereims suddenly dash with incredible speed, making the arrows only graze their shells somewhat. Rhunon looks dumbfounded at the turn of events.

---
Enemies:

Millipuf Queen

Nereim x2

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You take a few moments to pay your respects to Zal'har and the earth elemental. After that, you scour the place of anything useful, but it seems that the only useful items are on the corpses of your dead enemies. You decide to throw away the crude hammer and then loot the bodies, taking and equipping their stuff. Unfortunately, the leather vest is too damaged to be of any use now.
"Yes, you will receive payment from my king once we get to him." Nez'gol replies, gripping the black bottle. With a final creak the door finally yelded and foll on the floor. Not wasting any time, your partner tosses the black bottle towards the mob outside and thne you both rush through the confused lizardmen. After about ten minutes of running you take the path you used to go to the camp and finally arrive back at the glade.
"I think we lost them." he says looking towards the rogue camp before turning towards you. "Hey, you should really use something to heal yourself, otherwise that wound will get infected." he observes looking at your stab wound.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"I was told that the peak had a lovely view of the land around here, so I decided to see it for myself." Vanina explains as you walk on the path leading up. "When I was almost at the top, the wyrm came from the sky and attacked me. Luckily it only took my wallet..." she trails off, not looking at you. "Now that I'm saying it out loud I realize how stupid it was to come here alone." the woman sights before going silent. You travel like that for a while and only climb up until you arrive to a short bridge. Crossing it, you arrive at a small clearing where you can see the entrance to a cave and... a wooden chest sitting next to a tree?
--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"A presence...? That could mean anything." Carola mutters after listening to your explanation. "It could be a ghost, magic or even a demon, but that doesn't really tell us anything about whenever this dream of yours was some sort vision or not." she says, sounding disappointed. "Also, you said that you saw another prisoner. What did she look like?" the girl suddenly asked. With the corner of your eye you can see that the carriage was now very near the large bridge.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Eager to fight I see." Amarethon comments as you take the ring before returning to your body, which for some reason you do slowly. Anyway, you find yourself once again in control of the wooden doll that is your body and the first thing you see is Saraquel nosing you worriedly. He steps back, though, as you get up from the ground and take a quick glance around. It seems that everything was the same as when you left your body, with the main exception being the Sun, which was setting. The orange light gave a dark look of the green foliage around you, the long shadows of the trees shrouding the edges of the clearing in blackness. You feel a strange energy in the palm of your hand and see that your were still holding the ornate ring.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"My father used to say, 'when in doubt, go west.' He was never all that sober when I was young."

Head through the westward corridor after taking the ingots ( or having Daxon take the ingots )
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Those guard drones make me sick. I don't think my magic will be very effective on them."

Nayrous smiles. Well. To the extent that a skeleton can.

"Not that it ever has been very effective. Gratia."

In a shadowy burst a suit of armor covers Nayrous. Estuans mortem.

"Estuans mortem! I'll drag you into the burning mouth of hell!"

Nayrous bounds, bringing his sword down on the first Nereim (arbitrary choice) in a wicked overhead arc.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Is this the cave?"

--

"That chest might be a trap. Can you sense anything?"

Geralt eyed the wooden chest warily, and then attempts to fire Earth spikes at the chest. If nothing happens, cautiously approach the chest and then open it.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

I suppose he was a fan of hyperbole, then.

Cyfraith decides that few would be willing to show her the way to the shrine as night approaches, so she decides to embark on completing her dummy: She first tries to repair her axe by infusing it with Nature energies, hoping to regrow it.

If possible, she then tries to split the log into multiple limb-sized parts.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"She was blonde and was wearing a green dress. Though thinking about it, I didn't really manage to get a good look of her before my attention shifted to what was happening in the dream... In the end, this is just confusing me. For now, I guess we can't really call it a 'vision' unless we find some sort of evidence to back what I saw.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

I shall be *totally not be fine. I will heal myself. Somehow.

Be smart and find out how to patch up my wounds BEFORE following Nez'gol and collecting money.

Oh crap uh level up dat STR
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:05:53 pm by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

I shall be fine.

Follow Nez'gol. Collect money.
No, you won't. You'll get poisoned if you don't heal your wound with something. Also, you forgot to distribute the stat point from leveling up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:22:06 pm by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 24) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2017, 05:26:53 pm »

Roll 24
----

Mercenary 1

"Well, my father was drunk all the time. Eventually I ran away from home and became an explorer." Daxon replies with an amused smile. "Never regretted that decision." he adds as you move to inspect the ingots. They are only medium in size but when you try to carry them all together you are heavily weighted down to the point where you can barely walk around. Perhaps it was best to follow your partner's advice and just take them after you're done exploring the pyramid. Anyway, you both go into the west hallway. After about a minute of walking the path takes a south turn and you arrive in a small room with a set of stairs leading down, blocked by a... creature. It's body resembled somewhat that of a humanoid shape, with numerous spikes portruding from it's head. It's two white eyes were fixed on you, sending a chill down your spine. It's skin was covered in different hues of blue and finally, it had two long arms engraved with black runes ending with sharp claws on each finger. It doesn't attack, only stares at you for now.
"I believe this is a Gazer. It's a demon heavily aligned to one element." your partner explains as you analize the monster.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Drones? What is that?" Rhunon asks, visibly irritated because none of his arrows dealt any damage so far. You use your ability and, in a burst of black shadows, your suit of armor once again appears over your body. You trade your wand for your broadsword before rushing towards the left Nereim...

(Nayrous: 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 9 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Nereim)
(Nayrous: 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 = 1)

You manage to land your second blow, piercing through the insect's shell and inflicting a small wound, but not killing it. Your elf friend follows with two arrows...

(Rhunon: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs 15 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Nereim)
(Rhunon: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Nereim)
(Armor protection: 5 - 1 = 4)

The nereim easily dodges the first shot but is hit by the second. The arrow lodges into it's head, killing it nearly instantly. The millipuf queen releases a shriek and suddenly you feel the air resonating with a strange energy. The second Nereim reacts to it instantly and darts towards you!

(Nereim: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 7 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Nayrous)
(Nereim: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Nayrous)

It zealously attacks you two times and you manage to bat away it's stinger the first time, but get stabbed on your left shoulder the second time. You see that the force of the blow left hole in your armor and the bone it hit.

---
Enemies:

Millipuf Queen

Nereim

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Nez'gol quirks an eyebrow at your words but otherwise says nothing as you remember that you had two healing leaves and proceed to use one of them. You rub it on your wound and watch as it quickly heals while your pain slowly subsides. After that, he leads you out of the glade through the west side and you walk for about twenty minutes until you reach a large riverside clearing with a wooden wall surrounding it. You can see the roofs of a few wooden homes and two larger building towards the middle, but everything else was blocked by the wall. Nevertheless, after another minute of walking you arrive at a gate guarded by two lizardmen. Your companion approaches them and they exchange some words in their language before one of the guards, a broadsword wielding lizardman with red runes, points towards you.
"And you had to bring this human here?" he asks, his tone turning sour.
"Human or not, without him Zal'har and his rogues would still be on our heads. I vouch for him, so I don't see any reason to not let him in, Gun'der." Nez'gold retorts, sounding slightly annoyed.
"But... urgh, fine then." Gun'der replies. "Just take your reward and don't linger." he adds, this time looking at you. Nez'gol gestures you to follow and you both go through the gate inside the lizardmen's town. You walk quietly after your friend through the crowd of lizardmen that was inside. You also see a few earth elementals there and there. Nevertheless, the buildings were quite diverse: you could see what appeared to be a blacksmith working on a sword, some lizardmen working on the crops of vegetables and a building resembling a chruch with symbols painted on it's walls. Finally, you enter the biggest and perhaps most complex of the buildings in the village, and inside you find the king flanked by two guards. You both walk up to him and Nez'gol bows.
"Greeting Nez'gol, mercenary." he says with a solemn voice as your companion rights himself. You see that the king's skin color was a green going towards brown on his stomach and, unlike all the other lizardmen you encountered so far, had no runes on his chest. "Tell me, what is your name, human?" he then asks.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"No, we haven't reached the wyrm's nest yet. The path we're taking just happens to go through this cave, that's all." Vanina replies, rolling her eyes. "As for the chest, I don't know, I can only 'sense' objects infused with Magicka, so if it was some sort of magical trap I'd tell you." she adds, eyeing the wooden chest curiously before returning her gaze towards you. You attempt to focus your energy and create earth spikes to throw at the chest...

(Roll for success: 3)

You concentrate for a few minutes, yet nothing really happens. You decide to cautiously approach the chest and open it, revealing... a small bag of gold. You hear Vanina chuckling as you quietly place it in your inventory.
--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

You notice Carola's jaw dropping with surprise as you describe the woman to her, although she quickly realizes what she was doing and returns to her normal self.
"Y-yes, I suppose that's..." the girl doesn't finish her sentence and instead grabs your arm firmly and pulls you towards her, throwing both of you through the carriage's exit and onto the ground. You get up just in time to see a massive fireball hitting the carriage, tearing apart the place where you once sat. The man who was directing the horses seems to have done the same as you two, as you see him laying face first in the dirt just a few metters away from you.
"A-are you o-o-okay?" Carola asks, her voice shaking as she got up.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You place the ornate ring given to you by Amarethon in your inventory and decide to repair your axe using Nature magic to regrow it. You once again focus your raw magicka in your soul and attempt to infuse the axe with it.

(Roll for success {INT}: 2 + 1 = 3)

You give it your all, but you ultimately fail to channel your magicka through the axe. Nevertheless, you still try to use it, broken as it was, to create your dummy.

(Roll for success {STR}: 9 - 3 = 6)

Despite all odds, you somehow manage split the log into multiple limb-sized parts, although it comes at the cost of your axe, which practically becomes un-usable right now. They're not perfect, but still acceptable. In the meantime, you see Saraquel yawning and settling down near the bushes.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:00:08 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I revised my post to say I would heal up and that I'd add 1 STR to meselfs...

kek)

I am no...

I am Antaeus. I suppose that thou art the lord of this land. I have come forth to collect my payment.

Get money. If I am refused my due payment, try to lop the king's head off.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

kek)
Alright, I edited it in. You should really check your inventory sometimes. >.>

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kek)
But I like my big sword : (

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

kek)
But I like my big sword : (
Then fix it at the blacksmith in the lizard village?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"I know you use water, Daxon. Wanna give that a shot?"

Drop the lamia head, equip the servant's rapier in my second weapon slot.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34