Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42419 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 14) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2017, 10:25:47 pm »

((Is there a reason that Rhunon's pronouns keep alternating between he and she so often?))

"Do you see these eyes," Nayrous pauses, allowing Rhunon to inspect his glowing runic eyes through the gap made by the visor and face plate of his galea styled helmet. "This is the name of my soul, my power is derivative of this name. With this power I'll take any form I must to achieve my ends, be it a bellicose warrior in armor or a wizard scrounging for the secrets of the dark.

But the dead are simple creatures. For now I can only hold onto the distant glimpses of my purpose until..."

Nayrous hesitates for a moment. Then without explanation he adds rather curiously,

"You see,

Nayrous is a name that I gained in death. There is another name I must take back."

Add one point to my INT. Then continue, attacking where and when appropriate before this form expires.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:22 am »

((Is there a reason that Rhunon's pronouns keep alternating between he and she so often?))

Sorry, it was a typo. It should be fixed now.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2017, 10:03:59 am »

"Sorry but I'd like you to heal me right now if possible."

First, ask Carola to heal me. Now before attacking, focus my senses on parrying rather than dodging and then, go ahead and slash at the enemy with Battle Focus activated. If the orc is still up after than, then back up a bit and let Carola deal with him.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:18:53 am by Crimson »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2017, 11:41:28 am »

(Point to AGI)

Cyfraith thinks this is fantastic, so she goes and buys an axe to visit that oak body with.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2017, 12:44:06 pm »

"Sounds good. What's the catch?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 15) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

Roll 15
----

Mercenary 1

You decide to explore the west hallway. This one turns out to be much shorter than the other oneand leads you into a large horizontal room with many different carpets laid around. Fortunately, these ones didn't have any runes or cancles placed around them, so it seemed that you didn't have to avoid the. Anyway, looking you see two masks, one painted brown and one painted yellow, were leaning against the wall right next to the hallway from which you came, and a red crate just like the ones you looted earlier. Finally, there's a wall a few meters in front of you, blocking view of the rest of the room, although you could easily go around it through the north. Daxon makes a small gesture towards the crate before going to inspect a scribbing on the wall that was blocking your view.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"I... see. You're very interesting." Rhunon replied, seemingly deciding to not press on the subject. "Anyway, we should go before the entire nest gets alerted of our pressence." he suggests before going towards the opening in the left corner. Peering into it, it appeared to be some sort of tunnel leading down...
"Maybe we can use this to slide all the way down and get to the center, where their queen is. What do you say?" the elf asks, not averting his gaze from the opening.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You activate your Special Ability, feeling as pure willpower and rage coursed through your veins like liquid fire. You then flex your titanic muscles in a show-off manner before swinging your sword towards the annoying guard.

(Antaeus: 4 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 12 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 Parry Lizardman Guard)

You manage to inflict a large wound on his head, killing him nearly instantly. Meanwhile, the cloud looming above your head launches yet another thunderstrike...

(Nez'gol: 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6 vs 4 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Lizardman Rogue)

It strikes down the last remaining enemy.

Victory! +18 exp Anteus and Nez'gol leveled up!

You watch as the cloud subsides and Nez'gol comes next to you.
"You're not hurt. Good. Now, we need go-" he is interrupted by the battle-cries of the other rogue lizardmen in the camp. It seems that the racket you've been making didn't go unnoticed.
"Nevermind, into that house, now!" your companion says, running towards the wooden building with the crops.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Oh, nothing special. Just bring this package to a friend of mine. He's on guard duty at the southern exit of the village." the man explains, giving you a small brown box. You take it and, in the meantime, the old man goes to another part of the room.

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"I have a better idea." Carola replies before lunging towards the orc, attempting to stab him with both of her swords...

(Carola: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 11 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Red Orc)
(Armor protection: 4 - 1 = 3 damage)

Her blades easily pierce through the enemy's armor, inflicting two deep holes in his chest from which blood erupted like a river.

Victory! +10 exp

"Alright, now that that's over with, let me see your wound." she says, sheathing her swords and coming over to you. The girl places her hand above your wound, muttering what you guessed to be spellwords. Anyway, a white light engulfs your wound for a few seconds, making you feel a pleasant cool some reason, before fading away. The wound was considerably smaller, but not gone.
"Huh... well, you don't happen to have any healing herbs on you...?" Carola mutters. You can distinguish a note of frustartion in her voice.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You think that the way the events turned out so far is fantastic, so you decide to run to the weapon shop and buy an axe. You run around from house to house before you finally find an elf selling various weapons in a cottage. Before entering though, you remember to give Saraquel the turqoise vial to drink, which he gulps down greedily. You watch amazed as the cracks on his teeth suddenly disappear, leaving only perfect white canines. Anyway, you then browse around the shop.

Weapon Store
[/i]
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:42:48 am by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:02 pm »

Follow Nez'gol into the house, increase my resistance!

Heh... it's been a long time since I've fought... too long...

Ah, sorry. So, what do we do when they tear this little hut to the ground?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2017, 12:20:59 am »

Check out the crate, see if it has any delicious loot.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2017, 12:54:05 am »

"Yeah, I have one. Anyway, thanks for the help."

See if applying half of the healing reagent to the wound would be enough to heal it. If not, then use the entire thing.

Now before leaving, it's time to get some new equipment. Take the chainmail coat and wooden bracers of one of the dead orcs and equip them. Next is to take one shortsword with me to sell later for money. If I have no problems carrying more, then take as many as I can or all of them. After that, get in the carriage and continue on the journey.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2017, 02:44:06 am »

(Sorry for brevity, busy week coming.)

Cyfraith just buys the axe, though she pays special attention to the scythe. In the future, she thought.

She then heads off back into the forest, following the marks she made on the trees.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2017, 05:26:41 am »

"I'll need his name too."

Geralt said, before taking the map and heading towards the Southern Exit.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

"Let us go."

Proceed down the tunnel and attack if appropriate.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 16) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2017, 12:47:55 pm »

Roll 16
----
@_DivideByZero_ You're not the only one, I'm afraid.
--
Oh, and just so you know, Weapon 1 is for the right arm, and Weapon 2 is for the left arm. Also, let's just assume that all characters who dual-wield are ambidextrous.

Mercenary 1

The lid of the crate goes off more easily this time, although what it reveals isn't loot, but rather... a nereid? You stare at the little thing for a few seconds before she suddenly summons a ball of water and hurls it at you with surprising speed...

(Nereid: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 8 vs 6 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 Parry Nix)

The water hits your left arm, almost dislodging it in the process and leaving quite a bit of damage to the bone. You stumble backwards as Daxon runs up to your side, and you both draw your weapons.

---
Enemies:

Nereid

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Rhunon nods before going into the tunnel. You follow after him, sliding down through the darkness on the surprisingly smooth ground for about a minute until you get to a large room. Looking around, you can see that the floor gave way on both sides to what seemed to be an abyss while many oddities littered the ground. As you get up you notice that the ground was also covered in a blue substance that gave it an icy look, although you can feel the temperature here being much higher than outside. Before you can see any paths you could follow, the elf grabs you and shoves you behind a pillar with blue... things jutting out of it. He presses his finger on his lips at your puzzled look then motions towards the abyss you saw earlier. Your eyes trail towards the far right wall to a big hole from which tens of millipuves were going in or coming out.
"The queen should be further ahead. We'll need to sneak from here if we don't want to get impaled to death." he explains, gripping his bow with one hand. "Are you ready?"

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"We won't be around when they manage to do that." Nez'gol replies before chanting a few words in liard tongue. The door suddenly swings open and you both rush inside, being careful to lock it behind you. Surprisingly, the cottage seems to be bigger on the inside, because you find yourself in a medium-sized room that seemed to serve as both kitchen and storage room. You can also see a door on the left side.
"Haha... It seems like the king has finally decided to send his runts to kill me." a bulky lizardman with blue and white runes suddenly said. He was sitting next to a pile of large maps laid against the wall. He had a trident with an aquamarine embedded in it strapped to his back and wore leather armor. Also, just now you notice an Earth elemental standing by his side. She blended with the wooden floor somewhat.
"Because of you our kind is considered as nothing more than pillagers and barbarians." your companion spits with a murderous glare. They both grip their weapons.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"It's Gelian. And hurry before I decide to sell this to someone else." he replies with a wink. You realize that you can't/shouldn't take the map before finishing the task, so you refrain yourself from doing so before walking back outside and heading towards the souther exit. You pass by the equipment store, a boy running in circles around a house while a girl with blonde hair watched, a stable and two vendors who sold wood logs and some strange white carrots, respectively, and finally reach your destination. Apparently the southern exit is a path going down the mountains. Anyway, you ask around for Gelian and are met with a man in bronze colored armor with red hair.
"Oh, did Daxon send you?" he rolls his eyes. "Figures. That guy can't be bothered to walk half a mile without gold being at stake. Anyway, do you have the pakcage?"
--
Chrose

Empire 1

You apply half the bottle of Healing Reagent on your wound and watch as the liquid is quickly absorbed into your body and your skin starts knitting itself back together before your eyes. In just a few moments, there was no scar or wound left whatsoever. You then place the rest of it back into your inventory. Pretty amazing what holy magic coupled with alchemy can do. Anyway, you proceed to loot one of the works of their chainmail and bracers, which you equip, before taking all the four shortswords and place the into your inventory because you can and are able. After that, you get back into the carriage along with Carola while the man nods thankfully towards you two before going back to his perch and directing the horses around the orc's corpses.
"I wonder who is this Uba they were talking about." the girl muses with an absent expression.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

*Chink* You buy the axe, although before leaving you gaze towards the scythe for a few moments. It would most probably make you look pretty scary considering how much it would contrast with your dress. Either way, you make your way out of the village and back the way you came, Saraquel following after you. As you were finally walking into the clearing, the usual noise that your body made at every step covering most of the wilderness around, you notice that your companion is nowhere to be found. Looking around, you find no trace of him, although he soon runs back towards you with a brown rabit in his mouth. The xerberus then places it down near the bushes you harvested earlier and begins eating it. Looks like he was just hungry... Anyway, with your companion back you go near the tree's 'corpse', your newly-bought axe at the ready.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:53:42 pm by Neoexdeath »

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »

"Yes. Here it is."

Geralt then heads back to the hall to claim the map.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2017, 03:53:07 pm »

Try to strike the other lizardman down if he attacks Nez'gol or I. However, try to work out a peaceful agreement first.

Stay thine hands, both of thee! I wish not for any more death - I've seen more than any mortal man could bear, believe me. But that is not what I wish to talk about. Leader of your people, why do you fight with your own? I wish to hear from thee what this conflict is about.

Antaeus turns to Nez'gol.

I want to try peace before death. Please allow me this.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34