Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 42408 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 7) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2017, 01:49:39 am »

"Good job what's-your-name! You just saved me a lot of wandering,"

So a dog can smell magic. Who knew.

"Now, let's see what else we can find!"

Search for more Dark stuff! I have time, it's not like the quest-giver expected me to have a magic wolf.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2017, 01:56:04 am »

"I was awaken for the defense of my liege,

Now it seems he has taken my place in death leaving me to my earthly ambitions.

Ignosco, forgive me, may a dead man be allowed to wander the lands of elves? I am not beyond deeds."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2017, 09:47:30 am »

Spoiler: For Da Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:46:46 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 8) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2017, 01:54:29 pm »

Roll 8
----
@Everyone don't forget to equip some of the stuff you loot. I wrote each piece of equipment the slot where it goes in parantheses.
---
@_DivideByZero_ I thought the wolf's name was Saraqael? Or did I misread something?

---

Mercenary 1

"If you say so, then let's loot these wrecthes and move on." Daxon replies with an indifferent shrug before moving towards the corpses of the three lamias. Meanwhile, you attempt to push bits of your torso together in order to seal the rest of the gap.

(Roll for succes: 6)

You do a nice job at mending the damage, and just as you finished your partner came back holding two daggers and some bronze jewels on a small metal chain and gives them to you. You also notice that he's now wearing a chain of jewels that looks just like the one he gave to you.

"This is your half of the share. I already took mine." he explains before leading you into the room. You both silently decide to avoid stepping on the carpet for now and instead stick to the yellow stone floor along the walls. Looking around, you can see two paths, one going east and one going west, and a staircase leading up right in front of you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"I see. So, you were awakened by a necromancer, but now you've been released from his grasp since he died." the elf mutters, seemingly talking to himself rather than replying. He quickly returns his attention towards you, though.
"Well, if you don't bring any malice with you, then you may wander the forest or visit our village to your hearth's... content." he finally says, pausing awkwardly at the last words when he notices that you don't have a hearth in your ribcage. Nevertheless, he mutters a few words, which also seems to cause the green gemstones to emit a considerable glow. You also feel the incantations on your body react to the magicka being released by the elf.
"There you go, now the path you've been following shouldn't be blocked by trees anymore. Also, what's your name? I'm Rhunon."
he then asks, looking somewhat tired compared to all the energy he had before.
---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

The figure ignores your words and instead continues approaching you, becoming more and more visible with each second. When it had fully materialized, you realize that it was in fact a Wraith. You study it for a second, noting it's ghoul-like appearance and purple eyes hidden by the large cloak adorned with a few runes it was wearing. One of it's decaying hands was holding an simple wooden cane.

"Ah, a fresh body. You shall do nicely..." it mutters, but before it has a chance to finish it's words, you attack with a swing of your sword!

(Antaeus: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Wraith)

Your opponent moves out of the way of your attack before raising it's cane towards you, launching a black fragment of energy towards you.

(Wraith: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 1 - 6 Parry Antaeus)

You parry the first one, but before you can do anything else you see another one coming at you.

(Wraith: 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 4 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 1 - 6 Parry Antaeus)

You parry it once again, much more easily this time. You then move in to attack again.

(Antaeus: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 Dodge Wraith)

Your sword cuts through it's cloak and slashes a large wound across it's bare chest. Yet, even with that, the wraith isn't down yet, although it does seem more... transparent now.

---
Enemies:

Rotten Wraith

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

You close the book and go to your wards, arranging your equipment and preparing whatever supplies you have in a bag before tossing it next to your bed and going to sleep. As you drift off, though, you feel a strange pressence in your room.

You immediately open your eyes to see that you're not in your bed anymore. In fact, looking around, you realize that you're in a place you've never seen before: the walls and the floor are dark blue with odd patterns all over them. In front of you is what seems to be a black box, although it is too dark to figure out what it really was. On your right is a blonde woman in a torn green dress, while on your left, standing right next to you, was a tall black man in full gold and black armor, save the helmet. The woman looks at you with a scared expression while the man ignores you. Finally, you realize that you've been sitting on the floor all this time, so you get up and notice what appeared to be a throne just behind you. It had the same color and patterns as the rest of the room, although something seemed odd about it...
"You asked for me, Grand Commendanter?" a meek voice sounds from the direction of the tall man. You notice that it was a small, green creature with wings who talked.
"Balt, I am unhappy with how our plan has turned out. I need a full assessment of the situation." the man, or the 'Grand Commendanter', replied. His voice was intimidating and had an unnatural sound to it.
"W-why are you unha-" Balt tried to ask, but was cut off.
"Why? Nearly a quarter of our assets wasted to summon a True Demon whom we couldn't even control. And what do I see? Only Metrolia is gone, and it cannot even be said that it is our fault! I should feel shame, yet the only thing coursing through my mind is scorn for my servants."
"Well, it-"
"My invincible temple! The utmost pride of my army! Is it ready to attack? I want everybody in Estratia to either die or become my slave! Like this piece of waste..." he continues before kicking you into the stomach. You are thrown back on the floor, and even cough up some blood. The sharp pain distracts you from their conversation for a few moments. You manage to hear the words 'huge' and 'message', but not much else...
"We were able to inject it successfully into 80 percent of the Estratian creatures." the meek voice, Balt, says. It seems that they jumped to another topic while you were clouded by pain.
"An 80 percent that is weaker than the remaining 20 percent, though."
"*Ahem* Yes, unfortunately. Although... I haven't come alone. Hey you, come in now!" you see a small imp fly into the room and right next to Balt.
"Is this about the test you've told me about?"
"Yes, Grand Commendanter. Can you... ask one of the servants to stand by him?"
"By the imp?" he snaps his fingers, finally looking at you. "You.". You take a second to realize what he was talking about, which almost prompted another kick, but you quickly scamper on your feet and stand by the imp.
"Good. Now, slap her." Balt orders. The imp flies up to your face and slaps you. Surprisingly, you barely feel it. The man watches intently.
"As you can see, not even a scratch. But with this..." he pulls out a bottle with dark blue liquid and pours a few drops into the imp's mouth.
"Slap her again." the imp once again obeys and slaps your face. This time though, you watch in horror as it's claws dig deep into your flesh and inflict a large gash.
"Such a weak creature, and yet... Imp, lacerate her body." the Grand Commendanter says. You feel as the imp strikes you again, and again, until your vision fades into the darkness...

You wake up in your bed after what seems like an eternity. You're sweating all over, and turning your head towards the window you notice that it's morning already. You hastily get out of the bed, nearly tripping on the bag you left there last night in the process, and strap your swords to your waist. You can still clearly remember the entire dream, if it could even be called that...

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

You are impressed by your companion's performance and decide to go and search for more luna berries. Although, before doing that, you first harvest the berries from the bushes you just found and place them in the basket, filling it up halfway. After that, you give one berry to Saraqael to smell, which he then eats before running through the trees towards the north. You quickly follow after him, and would've have actually lost him if he wouldn't have stopped by a tree to wait for you, and finally find another clearing, a bigger one this time, with more bushes.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:27:57 pm by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »

Name: Drahknil
Race: Lycan (+2 to bladed weapons, +1 accuracy/dodge, -2 parry, -1 power, -1 to any other weapon type)
Appearance:
Faction: Mercenary
Starting Location: Indinera Forest
Element: Air
Inventory:
- Bottled Poison of Confusion (A throwable potion that emits a cloud of spores which inflict confusion on enemies. Range: 2, Area of Effect: 2, +3 debuff chance.){2}
- Healing potion (+1-2 health, -2 pain) {2}
--
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Arm -Left: -Right:
Hand -Left: -Right:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Leg -Left: -Right:
Feet -Left: -Right:
Weapon 1: Dai Katana (+2 slashing, +1 accuracy, -1 pierce)
Weapon 2: Dai Katana (+2 slashing, +1 accuracy, -1 pierce)
--
Stats:

STR: 0
DEX: 1
RES: 0
AGI: 0
INT: 0

EXP: 0/20
--
Active Ability:
- Air:
-- Scram Jet (Causes the user to fly in the opposite direction of use for up to 4 units of range. When braced against a sturdy object, it becomes a powerful jet that blows enemies away with +2 power, and travels 3 units of range hitting all enemies in the way. Has a 10% to stun enemies caught in the blast. May be used 2 times before a 3 turn cooldown.)

Passive Ability:
- Lighter Than Air: The User is able to jump (30%) higher. (Agility is what mainly affects success rolls involving mobility - and before you ask, yes, that includes being able to jump higher -, so you might want to change your passive according to that)

My comments are in blue. I added the stats to your skill and poison item, and also two healing potions. (the inventory may contain up to two distinct items).

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2017, 02:20:04 pm »

Attack quickly, following up with my earlier attack before the Wraith can retaliate with dark magic!

Grrrraaah!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2017, 06:11:30 pm »

"Nayrous, that is the name of this perished flesh.

You have my gratitude."
Nayrous says in a hiss.  He manages a slight bow before ambling back to the artificial copse that caused his detour in the first place.

Nayrous follows the newly unblocked path to the supposed elf town, seeking work and the means to increase his knowledge of magic.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2017, 06:21:58 pm »

"Eeny meeny miny mo...oh to hell with it, let's just go east."

Take the eastward path, putting the bronze jewels on my neck.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01:46 pm »

((It's just character.))

"How disappointing," Cyfraith picked one of the berries and tried to juggle it with one hand. Her coordination lacking, though, she drops it and it rolls away on a shallow slope.

Deciding that she needs a more concentrated sample to find darker, more interesting things, Cyfraith gathers up a sizeable pile of berries, and then goes out to look for a large rock to press the berries with.

It's impossible to have a remote forest without evil lurking within.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:27:48 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2017, 10:28:31 pm »

"..."

To the field for some slight exercise. Swing one of the swords for a bit until I can calm myself while pondering about that 'dream'. After that, go find the others and see how they're doing.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:31 pm »

Roll 9
----

Mercenary 1

Daxon gives you a humored smile before following you to the eastern path. The hallway was pretty cramped, barely enough space for two person to move side by side, and after some steps it took 90 degrees turn to the south. After about half a minute you arrive at another turn, going once again east and then north into a large room. You look around and see some more golden sceptres like the ones at the entrance screwn around, although the main object of interest was a pond in the shape of a hourglass siting in the middle. Oddly enough, it's surface is completely opaque, so you can't tell how deep it is. Finally, you notice three red boxes at the far end of the room, although the only way to get to them brought you pretty close to the water's edge.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon

---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"My pleasure. Also, if you're going to our town then I'm coming with you. I had finished my task some time ago." Rhunon replies before running behind a large tree and coming back with two baskets full of various vegetables. You shrug to yourself before making your way back to the tress that blocked you earlier. Further down the path you now see that there was a massive clearing surrounded by what seemed to be a wall formed of dense trees and bushes, their brambles interlocking together in some places. Inside are many wooden or stone houses arranged around a few bigger buildings, none of which you recognize. As you enter the town square you see quite a few elves going on and about in different directions, some of them giving you curious glances as they passed by, as well as two stores. While you were looking around, you notice that the young elf was nowhere to be seen until a moment later she comes out of an alley without the baskets but holding a pouch of gold.
"Kind of a chaotic place, isn't it?" he asks with a chuckle. You decide to ask him where you can find work and learn magic.
"We don't have quests boards around here like the human cities do, so you'll have to ask around for tasks. As for magic, you can find a lot of books teaching that in the library." Rhunon explains, pointing towards tall stone tower located to your right.
"And, speaking of work, I might have something that you can help me with. If you're interested." he finally says.

---

Enemies:

---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You attempt to finish the Wraith off before it can cast another spell, but before you can swing your swird it mutters two words and suddenly a black fog began seeping from under it's robes, covering both of you. (Debuff - 2 accuracy)
Despite the darkness surrounding you, you can still see your opponent fainly and move in to attack!

(Antaeus: 1 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 3 vs 2 = 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 Dodge Rotten Wraith)

Your opponent tries it's best to dodge your attack, but ultimately fails. You land the finishing blow on the Wraith, it's rotting body falling limp on the cold stone floor.

Victory! +7 exp

The black fog that surrounded you disperses into the air, until there is no trace of it anymore.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Taking the bag you placed your supplies in, you decide to go to the training area and practice your swordplay for a little bit in hopes of clearing your head. It only takes a few minutes to get there, and, as you begin dueling against an invisible enemy, you ponder about your dream (+1 bladed weapons exp). Who was this Grand Commendanter and why did he want to take over Estratia? What was the 'Invincible Temple' he was talking about? Did he really have an entire army at his command? And, most of all, what did that green servant, Balt, do to the imp that it was able to tear your body to... You shake your head, not daring to remember that part. Could it have been just a nightmare?
"Ah, good morning Mystel. I didn't think I'd find you here." the voice of a man makes you stagger for a second. You turn around and see Paladin Rayes coming towards you.
"I agree that some practice fighting is good to wake you up in the morning, but if I were you I'd hurry to the city entrance before the carriage leaves without you." he adds before you can say anything, his eyes darting towards your bag for a second.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to task yourself finding something evil lurking in the forest, so you go ahead a harvest all the berries from the bushes. You place some of them inside the basket, filling it up completely, and carry the rest to a fairly large rock that was conveniently close-by. Saraqael watches you confused as you use the rock to press the Luna Berries, releasing all of their juice on the ground and splashing your dress with some too. Their juice emits a surprisingly strong smell that spread around, attracting your wolf companion who comes to lick the stone you smashed the berries with. Unfortunately, he's not the only one who was drawn to the smell, and after a few moments a... medium-sized tree with numerous red eyes proturding from it's bark charges into the clearing. You both manage to move out of it's way before geting trampled, the tree-monster stopping and turning towards you, it's eyes fixated on the stone you're holding.
---
Enemies:

Blood-Oak
---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:03:37 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2017, 01:05:11 pm »

Loot the wraith and continue on my foraging, trying not to god any deeper into the strange ruins.

Gah... That was close. Too close.

((Do I get EXP for kicking the crap outta that Wraith?))
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:13 pm »

Loot the wraith and continue on my foraging, trying not to god any deeper into the strange ruins.

Gah... That was close. Too close.

((Do I get EXP for kicking the crap outta that Wraith?))
Yeah, you do. I just forgot to add it the first time. (sorry)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2017, 03:31:01 pm »

"Hmph."

Dip one of the sacrificial daggers into the water. If nothing happens, try to make my way towards the boxes. VERY carefully.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2017, 06:15:59 pm »

"Ah! Thanks for reminding me Rayes!

Take my stuff then quickly head for the gate.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34